Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #105 : January 08, 2013, 09:31:02 PM »

Within the last year 2 unarmed black teenagers where shot down by white men

Interesting.  Using 2009 statistics, there were 8,530 whites killed by black people and 4,380 blacks killed by white people.   

"Both white-on-black homicide and black-on-white homicide increase slightly as the percentage of blacks in the population increase,"
Fine. But unless you're saying those people where killed because they were white then that's irrelevant. That just proves black people are more violent. We are speaking on racism

Is this racist?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #106 : January 08, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »

He deserved it.

Wesmon

Second String

« #107 : January 08, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »

Surprised ESPN fired him. After all, there is no such thing as bad press. Everyone on that show from Bayless on down have figured out that making stupid and controversial statements is all it takes. None of em have the first clue about any of the sports they discuss, but that is irrelevant.

It took some of Herm Edwards comments on that show for me to realize how stupid that man is and how he should never have been let anywhere near a head coaching job.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #108 : January 09, 2013, 03:01:18 AM »

with a recent interview Parker gave in which he said that ESPN knew what he was going to say on the air before he said it
This has to be true.

Theres no way it isn't.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #109 : January 09, 2013, 03:22:56 AM »

So why did Parker’s discipline change from a 30-day suspension to termination?

Because Parker was an idiot for writing that article.

Heat

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #110 : January 09, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »

I still would like to know what a cornball brother refers to.  Sorry if I missed it in these 8 pages of debate.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #111 : January 09, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »

I'm guessing it's not a good thing?

DamianG

Rookie

« #112 : January 09, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »

Twitter took the verified Check off of his profile lmaooooooooooooo

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #113 : January 09, 2013, 09:33:01 PM »

I still would like to know what a cornball brother refers to.  Sorry if I missed it in these 8 pages of debate.

It means your not behind the cause.  Your too busy running around with white gals and voting Republican with your friends from the country club.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

El Diablo

Starter

« #114 : January 09, 2013, 09:47:11 PM »

Glad he is fired. These guys need to be accountable for things they say just like the majority of society in the workplace. What would happen at your job if you called someone an uncle tom? His comments really got under my skin!! Hope he isn't a father to teach his kids ignorance

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #115 : January 09, 2013, 09:50:31 PM »

Glad he is fired. These guys need to be accountable for things they say just like the majority of society in the workplace. What would happen at your job if you called someone an uncle tom? His comments really got under my skin!! Hope he isn't a father to teach his kids ignorance

Good post. The  ESPN big wigs wait until they see how much outrage there is, then say, ok ....lets can him.  They should of canned him the next day.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #116 : January 10, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »

That's what I thought from inference, AJ,  thanks.  Didn't want to assume, though.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #117 : January 10, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »

That just proves black people are more violent. We are speaking on racism

Is this racist?

It's a negative statement against a minority race, so by definition, yes.
« : January 10, 2013, 08:52:02 AM JavaRay »

bucs63

Starter
« #118 : January 10, 2013, 10:04:26 AM »

It means your not behind the cause.  Your too busy running around with white gals and voting Republican with your friends from the country club.
The way you, or whoever defined it that way, it makes the cause sound racist and demeaning of one's prosperity.
« : January 10, 2013, 10:06:08 AM bucs63 »

Ms Elam

Starter

« #119 : January 11, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »

That just proves black people are more violent. We are speaking on racism

Is this racist?

It's a negative statement against a minority race, so by definition, yes.
I'm black. I was responding to specific stats posted by java. quote me out of context and act all feminine if you want, didn't bother me you pansy.
  Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: ESPN fires Rob Parker « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools