Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Sean Smith is likely to reach free agency « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#60 : January 28, 2013, 09:37:48 PM

i'd sign cason, force wright to take a pay cut and draft a CB early.  Cason, Wright and rookie corner are our top 3 guys.  LJ is our dime.  Gaitor and Biggers fight for 5th spot.

They couldn't really "force" him to take a paycut.  They can make an offer, but he seems the type of guy to give Dom a big F-you.

i think we have him over a barrel.  if we cut him he wont sniff what he is making now on the open market. 
: January 28, 2013, 09:39:48 PM rpc1978

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#61 : January 28, 2013, 09:43:58 PM

If we managed to sign Smith and Cason, and a DT..... We would go into the draft with no glaring needs and could truly go BPA with no pressure to reach for any specific position.

TE would still be a glaring need.

I think we have a good chance to get Bennett's bro here.

Or if you land the corners but can't land the free agent TE , I actually wouldn't mind Tyler Eifert at 13 like Kiper predicted. Eifert is a stud.

Yes and if he goes to the Packers its game over. I can easily see Eifert right up there with Graham, Gronk, and Gonz if he has Rodgers throwing to him.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CB Sean Smith is likely to reach free agency « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools