Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 2nd Amendment « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#375 : January 17, 2013, 02:13:02 AM

LOL -  the (legitimate in my book) criticism of CBW is that he starts with a point of view and then molds the facts to support the point of view.  Ironic that on this subject so many are doing precisely that in opposition to CBW.

No. It's still the same old black hole ....you've jsut gone so batsh!t crazy that you actually agree with him now. That should scare you....

The way someone chooses to make their arguments is different from the actual merits of an argument.  My issue with CBW is not with his point of view, though we disagree on most issues, its the way he CHOOSES to present his arguments.  In reality, I would be more concerned if I disagreed with a point of view simply because to do otherwise would mean agreeing with CBW. I try (failing miserably some times) to look at issues objectively and call them as I see them. If that means i agree with CBW on an issue so what?  The point is to actually THINK, not to subscribe to some pattern or group think. I disagree with much that CBW has posted in this thread about the 2nd amendment, but this thread is filled with intellectual dishonesty and for once it is NOT CBW leading the charge.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#376 : January 17, 2013, 02:14:15 AM

I lived in the UK until recently and the police officers do not generally carry guns. In fact, in the fall of 2012 two unarmed female police officers were killed by a career criminal using a gun.

so the criminal still had a gun?   shocking

lol, I would expect nothing more than that uninformed response.  The guy had a grenade too. I guess everyone should be armed with grenades right?

I am an American, but its people like you that make the rest of the world think we are all idiots:

""We are passionate that the British style of policing is routinely unarmed policing. We know from the experience in America and other countries, that having armed officers certainly does not mean, sadly, that police officers do not end up getting shot.""
: January 17, 2013, 02:20:29 AM VinBucFan

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#377 : January 17, 2013, 07:40:12 AM

I lived in the UK until recently and the police officers do not generally carry guns. In fact, in the fall of 2012 two unarmed female police officers were killed by a career criminal using a gun.

lol, I would expect nothing more than that uninformed response.  The guy had a grenade too. I guess everyone should be armed with grenades right?

I am an American, but its people like you that make the rest of the world think we are all idiots:

""We are passionate that the British style of policing is routinely unarmed policing. We know from the experience in America and other countries, that having armed officers certainly does not mean, sadly, that police officers do not end up getting shot.""
How did he possibly have a Grenade ?? I mean there are laws against civilians having grenades. Impossible !

"We know from expierence in Britian and other countries , that having gun laws does not prevent criminals from having guns...or even Grenades. Criminals don't obey laws , sadly , hence the reason they are criminals. Hence the reason they still carry guns. Hence the reason two cops are dead. Those Americans sure are idiots for not passing more laws to restrict the rights of the law abiding citizens. "

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#378 : January 22, 2013, 11:59:23 PM

Criminals don't obey laws , sadly , hence the reason they are criminals. Hence the reason they still carry guns. Hence the reason two cops are dead.

TWO cops are dead -- in a crime so unusual in shocks the country.  Here, it happens nearly every day. How about you think a bit before you post:

UK Gun Deaths:        155
US Gun Deaths:   32,163

In the UK, for every 400,000 people --   ONE  person  ------  dies of a gun death
In the US, for every 400,000 people -- FORTY ONE people  ----die of gun deaths

LMAO -- what a joke that you would even make such an argument.

It would help some of you if you just actually THINK before posting. No one says take away EVERY gun, that would be a violation of the 2nd Amendment. The argument -- accepted by the law in this country -- is why dont we reasonably reduce the number and types of guns in this country.   There is a A  LOT OF HUMAN LIFE between 155 gun deaths and 32,163 gun deaths.

Crazy thing is that in the other thread I have done nothing but post actual daily new of daily gun deaths and yet so many rant and rave in support of guns? NONSENSICAL.  Nobody is even arguing against you, its just the actual FACTS unadorned.

** The figures above are 2010, widely available for anyone that wants to see them (no doubt many do not) http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-kingdom
: January 23, 2013, 12:02:55 AM VinBucFan

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#379 : January 23, 2013, 08:01:55 AM

The right to bear arms is a valued part of our culture . You will never change that with a law , and you will meet fierce opposition when you try. Gun sales skyrocket anytime a threat to that right is mentioned , so currently all this regulatory rhetoric has done nothing but increase the amount of guns in circulation.  You going to go door to door and collect them all back , PB boy ? For the childrens ?  Good luck with that.

Don't like us ignorant cowboy americans ? ..try Cuba. Thier gun laws should meet your lofty standards.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#380 : January 23, 2013, 08:52:23 AM

Then move to England permanently a'hole ........

: January 23, 2013, 08:56:12 AM olafberserker

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#381 : January 23, 2013, 10:34:20 AM

John Stossel pwning PeanutButterCheeseBoy:

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#382 : January 23, 2013, 10:52:53 AM

Then move to England permanently a'hole ........

Now your plan is to insult everyone because you can't support anything you say ..... in the end it is rather sad really ...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#383 : January 23, 2013, 11:02:12 AM

Hey look who's cutting and pasting crap out of context without a clue what it means ........  shocking

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#384 : January 23, 2013, 11:14:09 AM

Peanut Butter loves the little childrens
All the children of the world

Be they yellow, black, or white
He will challenge them to fight

But first he wants to be sure
That they're not armed

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#385 : January 23, 2013, 02:43:20 PM

How unsurprising is this http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/01/22/gun-control-obama-nra/1851643/

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#386 : January 23, 2013, 04:03:59 PM

How unsurprising is this http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/01/22/gun-control-obama-nra/1851643/

I think we know where its going. I just dont feel comfortable about it. Scares me a little even.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#387 : January 23, 2013, 04:17:10 PM

That they're not armed
really? What are you 7?

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#388 : January 23, 2013, 05:18:44 PM

That they're not armed

LOL ! I think we found his theme song.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#389 : January 24, 2013, 12:17:54 AM

The right to bear arms is a valued part of our culture . You will never change that with a law , and you will meet fierce opposition when you try. Gun sales skyrocket anytime a threat to that right is mentioned , so currently all this regulatory rhetoric has done nothing but increase the amount of guns in circulation.  You going to go door to door and collect them all back , PB boy ? For the childrens ?  Good luck with that.

Don't like us ignorant cowboy americans ? ..try Cuba. Thier gun laws should meet your lofty standards.

If you cant beat the logic beat the drum

Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 30
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The 2nd Amendment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools