Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 45

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

: December 20, 2012, 06:36:17 PM

Mike Glennon (QB/N.C. State)

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 232 lbs

Record as Starter:

15-10
(Won a Bowl game in 2011 and is set to play Vandy in a bowl game on December 31st)

Stats as Starter:
578/964
(59.9% Completion)
61 TDs
26 INTs
6702 Yards

2 career games with 3 or more INTs

Stats in Starts v.s. Ranked Opponents:
98/166
(59% Completion)
1168 Yards
12 TDs 3 INTs
2-2 Record

Pros:
- Great arm strength with a consistent, overhead throwing motion
- Couldn't ask for a QB with a more prototypical physique
- Gets rid of the ball quickly
- Throws his receivers open, rather than waiting till they pop open
- Performs well with a poor supporting cast
- Reads the field well
- Can use his eyes to manipulate a defense
- Can make all the NFL throws

Glennon, who is the younger brother of former Virginia Tech quarterback Sean Glennon, has ideal size and arm strength for the next level, but needs to continue and improve his upper and lower body technique. He displays an obvious understanding and passion for the game of football, but is still very unpolished with his footwork and needs to refine the details of the position.

You can watch him play in the 2013 Senior Bowl
The only reason he didn't start his first two years is because he was playing behind none other than Russel Wilson

: December 20, 2012, 06:41:02 PM SunnyD

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2012, 06:47:23 PM

hes a pretty good qb. has a great arm and good size. ive seen him play 3 times and once live. dude is completely immobile as a qb. he tends to wilt when he gets pressure and it greatly affects his accuracy and decision making. ive also watched him have a ton of time and throw terrible interceptions as well.

we arent taking a qb this year so it really wont matter. any other year id be ok with him but its not going to happen

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2012, 06:50:06 PM

OH MY GOD WE JUST HAD TO ENDURE FREEMAN THROWING 4 INT'S AND NOW WE WANT A QB WHO THROWS 3 PICKS IN COLLEGE GAMES?!?!?! NO THANKS!!!

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 20, 2012, 06:54:33 PM

OH MY GOD WE JUST HAD TO ENDURE FREEMAN THROWING 4 INT'S AND NOW WE WANT A QB WHO THROWS 3 PICKS IN COLLEGE GAMES?!?!?! NO THANKS!!!

Haha

youngone

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2012, 06:55:54 PM

Uhhhh no!

Watched him play a couple of times and wasn't impressed.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 20, 2012, 06:57:51 PM

Is he a ginger?

Do we want a guy who has no soul??

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 20, 2012, 07:12:19 PM

Is he a ginger?

Do we want a guy who has no soul??

LOL

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 21, 2012, 11:16:27 AM

ive only seen him play once, but he sure seemed to look for the check down as 1st option.  somehow, it was a win vs. fsu.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 21, 2012, 11:41:39 AM

My sleeper this year is Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib. Guy got some game.

Here are some stats on the guy

SEASON   CMP   ATT      YDS   CMP%   YPA         LNG   TD   INT   SACK   RAT
2012            283   448      3619   63.2   8.08   68   24   9   14           144.7

He became a full time starter his sophmore year. Every year his completion percentage went up, his passer rating went up, he threw more TDs, less picks, got sacked less. I think he'll be less of a sleeper as people start to watch tape on him but he had Syracuse close in every game. A couple more positive plays and Syracuse could have ended up ranked in the top 25. In large part because of this guy. I wouldn't mind us snagging him with a 3rd but I don't think he'll last that long.

Good value has him taken late in the 2nd.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 21, 2012, 12:03:03 PM

you take a QB in the 2nd, he better be starting soon.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 21, 2012, 12:04:38 PM

My sleeper this year is Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib. Guy got some game.

Here are some stats on the guy

SEASON   CMP   ATT      YDS   CMP%   YPA         LNG   TD   INT   SACK   RAT
2012            283   448      3619   63.2   8.08   68   24   9   14           144.7

He became a full time starter his sophmore year. Every year his completion percentage went up, his passer rating went up, he threw more TDs, less picks, got sacked less. I think he'll be less of a sleeper as people start to watch tape on him but he had Syracuse close in every game. A couple more positive plays and Syracuse could have ended up ranked in the top 25. In large part because of this guy. I wouldn't mind us snagging him with a 3rd but I don't think he'll last that long.

Good value has him taken late in the 2nd.
Absolutely!

Great backup, grooming material QB.  He has live arm.  And he is always scanning.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 21, 2012, 12:06:13 PM

I'm a big fan of Nassib and would definitely support drafting him.  Also, don't know how you can call a 2nd round pick (and potential 1st round pick), a sleeper.  If the Bucs drafted him, would 2014 qualify as "he better be starting soon"?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 21, 2012, 12:08:00 PM

I think as of now, and it is very early, he could drop in value with a poor showing, that he is a third/fourth round prospect.  That is value enough, and every team needs a solid backup!  It at least attempts to groom teh bspot, put more competition on the field, and it acts as an insurance policy should/when they decide to move on from 5.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 21, 2012, 02:46:00 PM

I'm a big fan of Nassib and would definitely support drafting him.  Also, don't know how you can call a 2nd round pick (and potential 1st round pick), a sleeper.  If the Bucs drafted him, would 2014 qualify as "he better be starting soon"?

Well because he isn't from a traditional power house. He plays in a very weak conference against weak teams. He isn't prototypical height, a bit short and he hasn't won to much.

If he blows up in his blow game like he has been all year, we may see him jump into the first. I'll take him over Matt Barkley. I watched the SU vs. USC game and USC won but only because of superior talent all around, not because Nassib got out played.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 31, 2012, 03:53:16 PM

3 INT's against Vandy today.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 45
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools