Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#510 : May 03, 2013, 08:24:03 AM

You can say that again,  Rat.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#511 : May 03, 2013, 09:04:25 AM

Oh yeah. I used to be a big Freeman homer, until one day when i was watching a game and saw Freeman drop back on a 3rd down play and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt  that he was going to throw and incomplete pass before the ball ever left his hand.  Then I started noticing how in virtually every game there would be long stretches where i knew in the pit of my stomach we were going to have a 3 and out (barring a nice run) even before the 1st play was ran...Freeman gets into these funks where he literally cant do $hyte. If it was once and a while, then who cares, but he does it in almost every game and these funks last like half the game.  I just couldn't deny it any longer.  Freeman has the physical ability...Free's probs are all psyche related, that and the fact that he's inherently an inaccurate passer.

...but..but...his stats. I mean, seriously. Have you not seen his stats? If you did see his stats, I have a feeling you would change your mind, especially if you just look at the certain stats that I think are important. Do you need a link to his stat pages? They will change your life and you will stop being so anti-freeman. All you need to look at are the stats. Did you know that on the 48th offensive play of the game, Freeman has the 9th best QB rating in NFL history. 9th best, ever. I'll repeat that...so out of all the QBs in NFL history who have played 48 plays, on that specific play, Freeman has the 9th best QB rating ever. So essentially, you guys are wanting to replace the a top ten all time QB. Also, when it comes to running play action on the 37th play of the game, Freeman was 3rd in the league in QB rating last year on that specific play(when play action was ran). All you have to do is look at the guys stats. If you happen to miss a game..or five, ESPN.com and NFL.com have got you covered. They do a great job putting up his yards and TDs, so you can get an excellent look-see of how well he played. Honestly, there really is no point n watching most of the games. Those stat pages are a godsend. I really hope people pay attention to all of this. Once you do, and you fully agree with my POV, then you will go from being a "Free-hater"/"Bucs hater"/"malcontent"/"negative nancy"...to an actual true fan.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#512 : May 03, 2013, 09:17:07 AM

folks seem to expect steve young as our backup.
Some people just think you sign back up QB's as free agents and draft starters.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#513 : May 03, 2013, 09:23:56 AM

Oh yeah. I used to be a big Freeman homer, until one day when i was watching a game and saw Freeman drop back on a 3rd down play and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt  that he was going to throw and incomplete pass before the ball ever left his hand.  Then I started noticing how in virtually every game there would be long stretches where i knew in the pit of my stomach we were going to have a 3 and out (barring a nice run) even before the 1st play was ran...Freeman gets into these funks where he literally cant do $hyte. If it was once and a while, then who cares, but he does it in almost every game and these funks last like half the game.  I just couldn't deny it any longer.  Freeman has the physical ability...Free's probs are all psyche related, that and the fact that he's inherently an inaccurate passer.

...but..but...his stats. I mean, seriously. Have you not seen his stats? If you did see his stats, I have a feeling you would change your mind, especially if you just look at the certain stats that I think are important. Do you need a link to his stat pages? They will change your life and you will stop being so anti-freeman. All you need to look at are the stats. Did you know that on the 48th offensive play of the game, Freeman has the 9th best QB rating in NFL history. 9th best, ever. I'll repeat that...so out of all the QBs in NFL history who have played 48 plays, on that specific play, Freeman has the 9th best QB rating ever. So essentially, you guys are wanting to replace the a top ten all time QB. Also, when it comes to running play action on the 37th play of the game, Freeman was 3rd in the league in QB rating last year on that specific play(when play action was ran). All you have to do is look at the guys stats. If you happen to miss a game..or five, ESPN.com and NFL.com have got you covered. They do a great job putting up his yards and TDs, so you can get an excellent look-see of how well he played. Honestly, there really is no point n watching most of the games. Those stat pages are a godsend. I really hope people pay attention to all of this. Once you do, and you fully agree with my POV, then you will go from being a "Free-hater"/"Bucs hater"/"malcontent"/"negative nancy"...to an actual true fan.

Gotta admit, stats don't lie.....  :P

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#514 : May 03, 2013, 09:48:54 AM

Haters are gonna hate but Orvlosky is fine as the #2.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#515 : May 03, 2013, 10:09:02 AM

Haters are gonna hate but Orvlosky is fine as the #2.
Dan the man very well could be a find #2 for Glennon

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#516 : May 03, 2013, 11:16:27 AM

not guys like bill belichik, mike shanahan and tom coughlin.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#517 : May 03, 2013, 11:43:23 AM

not guys like bill belichik, mike shanahan and tom coughlin.
All three of those guys have wasted their share of draft picks.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#518 : May 03, 2013, 11:47:01 AM

all coaches and GM's waste their share of draft picks.  drafting a future QB isnt a crime when your current QB is unproven or aging.  of course us fans dont like it, but we didnt like it when our parents made us do chores either.  responsibility just aint that much fun sometimes.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#519 : May 03, 2013, 12:15:39 PM

all coaches and GM's waste their share of draft picks.  drafting a future QB isnt a crime when your current QB is unproven or aging.  of course us fans dont like it, but we didnt like it when our parents made us do chores either.  responsibility just aint that much fun sometimes.
I didn't say anything bad about drafting a future QB. I said drafting a back up is bad.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#520 : May 03, 2013, 12:32:25 PM

Dom explained on the radio today that signing a proven starting-capable backup qb is going to cost around 3 million a year on the low end. Glennon is only going to cost us 600k .... it makes a lot of sense cap wise , especially after dropping so much cash on other players . This is not fantasy football.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#521 : May 03, 2013, 12:36:01 PM

Damn...  this thread is 35 pages!

Y'all talk too much!  ;)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#522 : May 03, 2013, 12:36:47 PM

Dom explained on the radio today that signing a proven starting-capable backup qb is going to cost around 3 million a year on the low end. Glennon is only going to cost us 600k .... it makes a lot of sense cap wise , especially after dropping so much cash on other players . This is not fantasy football.
So is Dominick saying Glennon is a "proven starting-capable backup qb"?  I don't think that is the case.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#523 : May 03, 2013, 12:39:09 PM

"Starting capable" I think are the key words here.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#524 : May 03, 2013, 12:42:38 PM

I didn't say anything bad about drafting a future QB. I said drafting a back up is bad.

aaron rodgers agrees?  but whatever, you dont like it.  i get it.  but well respected coaches all over the league are doing it.

Page: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 45
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools