Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#525 : May 03, 2013, 12:44:28 PM

Dom explained on the radio today that signing a proven starting-capable backup qb is going to cost around 3 million a year on the low end. Glennon is only going to cost us 600k .... it makes a lot of sense cap wise , especially after dropping so much cash on other players . This is not fantasy football.
So is Dominick saying Glennon is a "proven starting-capable backup qb"?  I don't think that is the case.

Glennon is not a 'proven starting-capable backup qb', and he just cost 600k. If you want anything better, a 'proven starting-capable backup qb'. it costs around 3M.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#526 : May 03, 2013, 12:48:19 PM

I didn't say anything bad about drafting a future QB. I said drafting a back up is bad.

aaron rodgers agrees?  but whatever, you dont like it.  i get it.  but well respected coaches all over the league are doing it.

Green Bay wasn't a drafting a back-up for Brett Favre in the first round, they were drafting his replacement.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#527 : May 03, 2013, 12:49:25 PM

I don't think Dom ever actually used the word "proven". I was paraphrasing his point,  so jumping all over that one word really doesn't break his argument - that they felt they had a chance to upgrade the Qb position in a way that saved them a lot of cap room.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#528 : May 03, 2013, 12:53:43 PM

I didn't say anything bad about drafting a future QB. I said drafting a back up is bad.

aaron rodgers agrees?  but whatever, you dont like it.  i get it.  but well respected coaches all over the league are doing it.

Green Bay wasn't a drafting a back-up for Brett Favre in the first round, they were drafting his replacement.
Yeah, I wasn't sure where he was going with that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#529 : May 03, 2013, 01:02:45 PM

Due to a lack of contract extension, we just might be drafting our QB of the future also.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#530 : May 03, 2013, 01:03:17 PM

What if we have another 5 game losing streak where Freeman plays like he did during those games? Would we bench him and start Glennon??

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#531 : May 03, 2013, 01:06:15 PM

Due to a lack of contract extension, we just might be drafting our QB of the future also.
I said drafting a future starter is not bad.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#532 : May 03, 2013, 01:19:41 PM

what about drafting an insurance policy

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#533 : May 03, 2013, 01:22:15 PM

Orlovsky is an insurance policy. A 3rd round pick needs to be a future starter.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#534 : May 03, 2013, 01:25:17 PM

Orlovsky is an insurance policy. A 3rd round pick needs to be a future starter.

Maybe he is though. Maybe these reports about Schiano disliking Freeman isnt just reports. Maybe Schiano will wait for Freemans inconsistencies to come into play because you know they will and he will use that as an excuse to start Glennon instead. He does tend to be on the stubborn side of things. Glennon doesnt look all that different to Freeman but maybe his attitude is better and thats what Schiano wants out of his starting QB.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#535 : May 03, 2013, 01:32:58 PM

Great. If Glennon becomes a future starter and top 15 QB, he'll be a good pick. If he doesn't he'll have been a wasted pick.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#536 : May 03, 2013, 01:41:16 PM

Great. If Glennon becomes a future starter and top 15 QB, he'll be a good pick. If he doesn't he'll have been a wasted pick.

What if Glennon doesnt play at all but Freeman starts playing really well. Is it a wasted pick? The speculation or whats been reported is this pick was made to get Freeman going a little bit. Im not sure you can call it a wasted pick then. Although I was never on board with the pick but I can see why they did it. If Freeman plays like he did during that 5 game losing streak Schiano can just throw Glennon out there. The kid has nothing to lose. Hes a 3rd round QB. Sure he would struggle a lot but it would be his chance to "make it" and be a starter. That has a little different feel to it than a guy who has been coddled since coming in. All about #5 thing wasnt good for him. Made him way too comfortable. Maybe this will be how the light goes off that its not all about #5 anymore. If that wakes him up and hes more consistent, is it a wasted pick??

blackat1515

Second String

#537 : May 03, 2013, 01:42:24 PM

Not understanding this at all, we took a flyer on a QB in this guy, we could have gotten him in the 5th round, now everyone thinks he's the next Brady, everything he has Free has but free is mobile, Coach S I truly like, but if he wants to replace Free, replace him with someone with more potential, this is a younger free IMO, and yes I am a big supporter of free and he is getting the a raw deal right now, is he great? No but for a QB who has changed offenses as much as him, and still his numbers are top 13 in the league last year, playing with a defense that last year no lead was safe! I.O Gaints game.  He needs a new contract or a extended contract ASAP. They will end up paying more later if they wait. Lets go Bucs, get behind your guy and let's go after the Chip.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#538 : May 03, 2013, 01:45:09 PM

I do think we could have gotten him later. 3rd rounder was way too early for him. A 3rd rounder sends a little more of a message to Freeman though than a 4th or 5th rounder dont you guys think?

blackat1515

Second String

#539 : May 03, 2013, 01:52:39 PM

Yes but like you and I can see, Free can see also, he wasn't even on any draft boards or talked about when these so called experts went over QBs. I just feel support your QB, with the team we now we need to be all in on the same page no worrying about things. It could push free but also be a distraction like Tebow
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon QB N.C. State « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools