Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14

Behind Enemy Lines

Second String

#15 : December 27, 2012, 02:19:41 AM

Michael Mauti LB Penn State
6'2 232
2012 Stats: 95 Tackles 2.5 Sacks 3 Ints

Injuries may push him into the later rounds.  Could be a late round gem.  Would love to see this guy in a Bucs Uniform.

spurzo

Second String

#16 : December 27, 2012, 06:38:49 AM

Milliner of Alabama will be a top 10 pick, if we get him amazing, otherwise Jonathan Banks of Mississippi State would be a great pick. 

Second Round... I could see us double dipping at corner the same way we did in 2010 and 2011.  Xavier Rhodes would be a great pick if he's available otherwise I like Jordan Poyer and as darkhorse pick Logan Ryan of Rutgers you know Schiano would love to have him.   

Third Round...  I'd like us to address our other OLB spot in free agency as there are some decent ones available such as Philip Wheeler or Daryl Smith, that could be had for cheap, this way we can spend our third rounder on a RT.  There should be some good ones available, such as DJ Fluker or Brennan Williams.  If we tried to get a RT through free agency, we'd have too much money locked up in the O-line and you can't spend that much money on any unit.

Fourth Round X 2 (I miss Talib)... This is where you go after the skill positions, it'd be great to try and find that slot receiver or an athletic pass catching tight end.  Maybe Kenny Stills, Markus Wheaton or Quinton Patton for the slot and Mychal Rivera of Tennessee at TE.  Remember though that Dominik worked magic last year with 4th round picks, maneuvering to acquire both Doug Martin and Lavonte David while only spending a single 4th rounder to move around.

Finally I've got one more free agent move... Glenn Dorsey, former dominant 3 tech DT, is available this year through free agency.  He's been wasted as a 5 tech in Kansas City trying to tie up blockers because Scott Piolo is moron.  We could have him in Tampa for fairly cheap and considering we run a system that he'll like, he probably won't demand the usual additional pay to come play in Tampa that many free agents do.

El Diablo

Starter

#17 : December 27, 2012, 07:29:20 AM

I like the Stanford TE as well. Would still like to see Bjorn Werner DE from FSU with our first pick.

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#18 : December 27, 2012, 09:17:02 AM

Lemarcus Joyner S - Undersized (5'8") FS prospect from FSU. He's always making plays and is a team leader.  May not be big enough to start, but would add depth and be a top ST guy.

Really?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#19 : December 27, 2012, 09:19:44 AM

would love to add glenn dorsey in FA.  that would simplify our draft because DL would be much less of an issue. im struggling to figure out our order for needs because we have so many. im thinking our first 5 picks should be 2 DBs an OT a LB and a DL of some sort. what order we take them in really depends on who is available and who declares

im not really big on taking a skill player before the 5th round unless theres some ridiculous value there. we can get a runningback like johnathan franklin or kenjon barner in the 5th or 6th round with no problems. WR just isnt a huge issue to me considering how bad our defense is

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 27, 2012, 09:22:24 AM

Lemarcus Joyner S - Undersized (5'8") FS prospect from FSU. He's always making plays and is a team leader.  May not be big enough to start, but would add depth and be a top ST guy.

Really?

joyner was an impact player and a massive playmaker in 2011. he didnt make as many splashes this year but his presence was felt. not many teams tried to go over the middle on us this year for fear of him. he was very solid in coverage and in position to make the tackles. similar to werner and rhodes teams tried to stay out of his way. sometimes a lack of plays made overshadows his actual value

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 27, 2012, 09:22:39 AM

McCoy & Dorsey would be sweet Bookends of Bowers & Clayborn and THAT is a stud dline

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 27, 2012, 09:34:37 AM

Andre Ellington is intriguing...how is he in pass protection and blitz recognition?

You must be accountable for your actions!

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#23 : December 27, 2012, 10:01:40 AM

Really?

joyner was an impact player and a massive playmaker in 2011. he didnt make as many splashes this year but his presence was felt. not many teams tried to go over the middle on us this year for fear of him. he was very solid in coverage and in position to make the tackles. similar to werner and rhodes teams tried to stay out of his way. sometimes a lack of plays made overshadows his actual value
I know he was a 5 star player coming in to Tally and has played well on defense as well as a returner, but to say "He's always making plays" is just not true.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 27, 2012, 10:04:43 AM

McCoy & Dorsey would be sweet Bookends of Bowers & Clayborn and THAT is a stud dline

Just curious, what happen to Bennett? You know, the one proven pass rusher on our roster....

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#25 : December 27, 2012, 10:17:15 AM

JDouble, I want him back. The question is will they pay him? Not so sure, as he probably want to get PAID and they have a lot of $'s on the dline. We shall see.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucD

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 27, 2012, 10:28:05 AM

I'll be EXTREMELY pissed off if Dominik doesn't bring back Bennett. 

Of course that is as long as he's being reasonable and rational with what he's looking to get...not being ridiculous with his monetary demands...

There's also the chance that he has no desire, at all, to re-sign and come back here...

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 27, 2012, 10:43:22 AM

It will be interesting to see how FA goes with all of the "Schiano is not desirable to play for" crap.

If we can pull a FA CB, we shouldn't have to double dip in rounds 1&2. I'd love to see Dom renegotiate Wright, pick up Brent Grimes and draft Milliner. Then the rest of the draft can be spent on OLine depth, backup RB, TE and S.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#28 : December 27, 2012, 10:46:49 AM

Really?

I know he was a 5 star player coming in to Tally and has played well on defense as well as a returner, but to say "He's always making plays" is just not true.
Sorry if you feel I misled you.  I am not a FSU fan and have only watched a few games this season and a few last season, mostly to see Werner and Rhodes.  When I did watch games, Joyner stood out as a physical safety with good coverage skills.  He was also good as a returner.  If he were 3-4 inches taller he'd be in consideration for a 1st round pick IMO.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 27, 2012, 10:54:10 AM

Really?

Sorry if you feel I misled you.  I am not a FSU fan and have only watched a few games this season and a few last season, mostly to see Werner and Rhodes.  When I did watch games, Joyner stood out as a physical safety with good coverage skills.  He was also good as a returner.  If he were 3-4 inches taller he'd be in consideration for a 1st round pick IMO.

if he was 5'10 hed be a first round pick. he reminds me alot of bob sanders. theyre almost the same size and have a similar skillset. short guys that hit like a mack truck and cover very well. i have no doubts that he will have a good NFL career wherever he goes. his work ethic is impeccable and his leadership is outstanding. the only thing that will be held against him is his size
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools