Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 27, 2012, 10:56:08 AM

Andre Ellington is intriguing...how is he in pass protection and blitz recognition?

hes better than average in pass pro. hes not going to crush a linebacker or a DE but hes also not afraid to take them on and hold his ground. obviously if hes trying to stop a 270lb DE hes going to struggle but he should be able to chip them or take their legs out

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#31 : December 27, 2012, 11:12:23 AM

The kid from State that no one is talking about whom I really like its Brandon Jenkins.  Before the freak foot injury early in the season he was considered the best pass rusher in Tally and would have been a 1st rounder.  Now he seems to be totally forgotten.  The mocks that I've seen have Tank going ahead of him.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#32 : December 27, 2012, 11:19:27 AM

i like jenkins more as a 3-4 rush linebacker. i think he will lose his explosion if he bulks up enough to play 4-3 end. put him on a team like the 49ers or pittsburgh and he will romp people

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 27, 2012, 11:24:48 AM

i like jenkins more as a 3-4 rush linebacker. i think he will lose his explosion if he bulks up enough to play 4-3 end. put him on a team like the 49ers or pittsburgh and he will romp people
I agree that he's a better fit for a 3-4, but I think he's capable of playing DE at a high level too.  And if he's there in the 3rd, I'd hate to pass up on him even as a situational pass rusher.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 27, 2012, 11:32:54 AM

hes more than capble. the main thing i worry about is that hes 260. he needs to be around 270 or higher to be an effective 4-3 end. i think he needs to drop closer to 250 and be an OLB. Jenkins has an elite take off and first step and adding weight will diminish what makes him great. hes just not a fit for this team

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 27, 2012, 12:33:20 PM

I agree that he's a better fit for a 3-4, but I think he's capable of playing DE at a high level too.  And if he's there in the 3rd, I'd hate to pass up on him even as a situational pass rusher.

Depending on the recovery from injury, which I have no idea about, Jenkins would be a steal in the 3rd.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 27, 2012, 12:40:37 PM

i think hes going to be a steal either way. Lisfranc injuries are pretty common and just take time to heal. they dont usually have lasting effects like ACLs. matt schaub had one last year and hes fine now. its just one of those things that takes a lot of time to heal. jenkins probably will have to get by on his interviews and game tape. i doubt he will be ready by the combine. he might be able to lift weights but i doubt he will be running/jumping etc

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 27, 2012, 01:38:48 PM

Phillip Thomas FS Fresno State
6'1 215
84 Tackles 4 sacks 8ints

Playmaker. Would like to have him though not sure where he's projected to go right now.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#38 : December 27, 2012, 01:52:24 PM

Conner Vernon future steal?

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#39 : December 27, 2012, 04:29:10 PM

Yeah I am a huge Collins fan, and agree he will rise up boards after he works out..he is a hell of a athlete with nice long arms.

I have Escobar my number one TE, just ahead of Ertz, also huge fan of Ryan Otten SJSU...speaking of SJSU their on now against Bowling Green..I have David Fales my number 2 QB next year behind Teddy Bridgewater..BG has a DT in C Jones who lives in opponents backfields not the biggest, but he doesn't quit

big_JLB

Starter

#40 : December 27, 2012, 04:36:59 PM

big fan of DE john simon from ohio state, seems like a schiano-type guy

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 27, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

conner vernon would definately be someone i wouldnt mind adding in the 6th or so. he was extremely productive at Duke and runs good routes. the guy will fly under the radar and should be there in the 6th when we pick

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : December 27, 2012, 04:41:36 PM

A guy watched last night that was pretty damn impressive was Eric Fisher, a LT from Central Michigan.  That's guy glides for a dude that's 6'8" and his arms hang down like a friggin' ape.  Exactly what you look for in a franchise LT.

I know the secondary needs help, but I'm not sure there are any CB's worth taking that high yet.  I'm a BPA guy, so if that's Fisher - jump on him.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 27, 2012, 04:44:07 PM

Fisher is an outstanding player. i wouldnt mind us trading back a bit and grabbing him if there isnt good value when we pick. OT is definately a need and trumps CB if theres not anybody worth it when we pick. if we could acquire another 3rd and drop back and pick up Fisher it wouldnt hurt my feelings a bit. could still get poyer/ryan in the 2nd and trufant in the 3rd

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#44 : December 27, 2012, 04:52:06 PM

Simon has had kind of a down year compared to last...I remember him destroying the Badgers OL last year..

my top DL would be
Dion Jordan DE, how many 6ft 7 245 DEs do you know who can play man press and line up out wide with the WO or cover the slot? hasn't even scratched the surface of what he can be..

Mingo, who I would leave at DE, and use him as more of a hybrid

Star DT, he can play anywhere along the line 34 or 43..

Sheldon Richardson DT, watched him have his way with Bamas OL, damn near broke Mccarrons leg more then once.

Bennie Logan, I actually like him more then his X team mate Michael Brockers

Dante Jones, he really came on strong this year for UCLA, along with his team mate Anthony Barr who said he will return to UCLA, Barr will be a top 15 pick next year, hell of a pass rusher, who was a X RB

S Flyodd, DT ..nice 2 way player

Sylvester Williams, 320 lb guy who can move, not as well as star, but he can get going..like him more then the Williams from Bama
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools