Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 04, 2013, 10:06:09 AM

D'Anthony Curtis did look good, although I have always felt that scat back types are luxury picks. But maybe Sproles has changed that. Where Is Michael Smith?

I'm liking the idea of Nico Johnson in the 3rd to take over at SLB if we don't move Foster.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#121 : January 04, 2013, 10:32:27 AM

Isn't Niko basically Dekoda Watson?

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#122 : January 04, 2013, 10:36:57 AM

@ Dex , Minter already declared..he will enter draft with a 3rd rd grade

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#123 : January 04, 2013, 10:39:05 AM

I think Minter is gone by mid 2nd round

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#124 : January 04, 2013, 10:44:56 AM

Minter may be gone by rd 3..and would be if I were drafting, but he received a 3rd grade from advisory board he is my second rated ilb behind Olgtree who goes before pick 10...if Alec is there at 13 I take him if I am Bucs

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#125 : January 04, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

im not sure why you take a MLB unless his name is manti.  i know minters made some great splash plays...but not sure he'll do that much to upgrade us.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#126 : January 04, 2013, 10:52:47 AM

I said I take Olgtree, and he is a HUGE upgrade over Foster, not even close to the same player...one covers like a S that he once was, and is a elite athlete as you will see at combine..top 10 pick

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#127 : January 04, 2013, 10:58:46 AM

wow i must have missed that. would be thrilled if we took him in the 2nd/3rd and kicked foster to sam. wed finally have a complete linebacking corps. FA is going to be really important in determining how we draft

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#128 : January 04, 2013, 01:42:00 PM

Ogletree flashes plays of GREATNESS....but is very inconsistent at times in run defense. Not sure how that's going to fly with Schiano. Dude is definitely going to ball out at the combine as he's about as good an athlete as it gets for a LB. Him and David would fly all over the field together. I bet the players that Schiano is enamored with at the moment are Te'o, Ogletree, Bjorn Werner and Tyler Eifert. Werner you might need to move up a few spots for and Eifert you probably trade back a few spots for. I do believe we're gonna be grabbing a starting TE in either free agency or early in the draft, so it would make sense to grab Eifert who looks really, really good. Kinda seems like a d-o-u-c-h-e though in his interviews.

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#129 : January 04, 2013, 04:28:08 PM

Thad Simon just declared he is another CB I like

Rhodes
Poyer
Mcfadden
Ryan
Wren-wilson-
Simon
Bushell

lots of nice CBs in the draft...a kid like Sweringer would be nice too, Duke Williams is another sleeper, he may end up in early rd 2..these 2 would be DBs, S/CB I have seen both cover WOs,DJ did a nice job on Hunter from TN

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#130 : January 04, 2013, 08:48:59 PM

I said I take Olgtree, and he is a HUGE upgrade over Foster, not even close to the same player...one covers like a S that he once was, and is a elite athlete as you will see at combine..top 10 pick

didnt realize he was so highly regarded.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#131 : January 04, 2013, 08:51:34 PM

Kyle Long had a pretty good game last night I thought, I'm liking the idea of a 3rd on him.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#132 : January 04, 2013, 09:20:35 PM

Kyle Long had a pretty good game last night I thought, I'm liking the idea of a 3rd on him.

i dont really want to spend one of our first 3 picks on offense but i wouldnt hate this. we need a RT really bad

CptSwaggARR

Second String

#133 : January 04, 2013, 09:36:59 PM

I don't like using early picks on OL period, not these days..sign someone in FA, and bring in some undrafted RFAs, use those picks elsewhere.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#134 : January 07, 2013, 07:44:20 PM

new OL to keep an eye on. Menelik Watson from FSU decided to declare for the NFL early. 6'6 320 OT

little backstory here hes a JUCO guy from England who has only started 20 games at the college level. guy was a basketball player in college as well as a boxer. could probably have bloomed into a possible 1st rounder with another year in school but is declaring because his family needs help financially. he stepped in and became our best OL in his first year. has great feet and hands. very raw but extremely powerful. hes better as a runblocker right now than a passblocker but given his inexperience he is very far along. this guy has an extremely high ceiling. he will fly under the radar because people dont have much film on him. he has very little wear on the tires because of how little football experience hes had. im very dissappointed he decided to leave early because he showed so much promise as an OT. was an All ACC honorable mention as a first year starter and was beaten out by a couple guys who are seniors that will be drafted in the first couple of rounds

heres a couple videos to show the power he brings to the run game. #71

we could definatelty get him in the 4th to 5th range. with bostad as his coach you could be looking at a future All Pro. he is a blank canvas for a good OL coach to mold. would make a great RT and really add to our running game
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Dexmonkey's Big 2013 Draft Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools