Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It could take the Bucs two more years to evaluate Freeman, « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2012, 11:02:13 PM

Josh needs to pretty much eliminate the brain farts next season for Schiano to keep him as the starting QB of the Bucs. Josh doesn't need to magically become Aaron Rogers or Drew Brees overnight; just show some leadership and play SMART consistanly. Errant throws and mis-reads happen to every QB...

Thats the trouble though, what if he does the same next season?  Do they tag him for a year like he just completed.?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 30, 2012, 12:05:18 AM

Year #1, no reps as the starter, least experienced team in the league, OC fired, poor coaching, poor scheme.

Year #2, still youngest team in the league, OL injuries, poor coaching, poor scheme, horrendous officiating in Detroit game.

Year #3, no offseason program, more key injuries, more poor coaching, poor scheme, no leadership on or off the field.

Year #4, First year needs addressed in free agency, 6 wins 7 close losses despite injuries and suspensions, better coaching, better scheme, need more talent on defense and OL/TE.

Year #5, Should see single season records shattered with talent upgrades and second season of decent coaching, leadership, and schemes.

The babies will cry when the Bucs get eliminated from the playoffs in the NFCC game. Be patient. Another Lombardi is not that far off.
Seriously, how many "Kool Aid" laced Egg Nogs have you had over the holidays?

I'm a bah humbug kind of guy with no interest in either beverage. I just like my outlook better than yours. It's much more fun than your doom and gloom. I like where I believe this team is headed. The wins will come with Schiano and Freeman. I have no doubt about it.
It's not doom & gloom here, just a healthy dose of realism.
I'm very happy with coach, 2 of the big FA signings we made, our draft (mostly due to Martin and David), te potential of our line if they ever get healthy at the same time.
Just beause you don't like 1 aspect of the team doesn't mean you are all negative.
You have ripped the DBs over & over, wouldn't that make you all doom & gloom, you have a problem with an entire unit of the team, me just 1 player.

Pass defense has been consistently bad through the first 14 games. Last week they were borderline respectable. Still they are primed to take the title of worst in league history. Freeman obviously is erratic, but is setting franchise records for yardage and TDs. That's an encouraging sign for the future in my book and trumps consistently bad. HOF QBs with veteran teams and HOF coaches can overcome bad defenses. The Bucs aren't there yet. We have a sprinkling of vets and a rookie HC. Coming off a 10 game losing streak, the most we could hope for was just getting competitive again. The attitude is much improved IMO. The team will get healthy and fill some more holes. Schiano knows what he has and knows what he needs. He will fix it. He will overhaul the pass defense and make some adjustments with Freeman. The Bucs will be a playoff team 12 months from now.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 30, 2012, 01:21:20 AM

Two more years isn't enough.    He will still only be 26 by that time.    It takes a man until around 29 or 30 before he really comes into his own.   The Bucs need to lock him up until at least his 30th birthday.   By then, they will know if he will be any good.   

The problem is they drafted him too young.

Too bad he wasn't on the Weinke program.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 30, 2012, 02:58:40 AM

Year #1, no reps as the starter, least experienced team in the league, OC fired, poor coaching, poor scheme.

Year #2, still youngest team in the league, OL injuries, poor coaching, poor scheme, horrendous officiating in Detroit game.

Year #3, no offseason program, more key injuries, more poor coaching, poor scheme, no leadership on or off the field.

Year #4, First year needs addressed in free agency, 6 wins 7 close losses despite injuries and suspensions, better coaching, better scheme, need more talent on defense and OL/TE.

Year #5, Should see single season records shattered with talent upgrades and second season of decent coaching, leadership, and schemes.

The babies will cry when the Bucs get eliminated from the playoffs in the NFCC game. Be patient. Another Lombardi is not that far off.
Seriously, how many "Kool Aid" laced Egg Nogs have you had over the holidays?

I'm a bah humbug kind of guy with no interest in either beverage. I just like my outlook better than yours. It's much more fun than your doom and gloom. I like where I believe this team is headed. The wins will come with Schiano and Freeman. I have no doubt about it.
It's not doom & gloom here, just a healthy dose of realism.
I'm very happy with coach, 2 of the big FA signings we made, our draft (mostly due to Martin and David), te potential of our line if they ever get healthy at the same time.
Just beause you don't like 1 aspect of the team doesn't mean you are all negative.
You have ripped the DBs over & over, wouldn't that make you all doom & gloom, you have a problem with an entire unit of the team, me just 1 player.

Pass defense has been consistently bad through the first 14 games. Last week they were borderline respectable. Still they are primed to take the title of worst in league history. Freeman obviously is erratic, but is setting franchise records for yardage and TDs. That's an encouraging sign for the future in my book and trumps consistently bad. HOF QBs with veteran teams and HOF coaches can overcome bad defenses. The Bucs aren't there yet. We have a sprinkling of vets and a rookie HC. Coming off a 10 game losing streak, the most we could hope for was just getting competitive again. The attitude is much improved IMO. The team will get healthy and fill some more holes. Schiano knows what he has and knows what he needs. He will fix it. He will overhaul the pass defense and make some adjustments with Freeman. The Bucs will be a playoff team 12 months from now.

I agree. I also think Freeman has a better year statistically next season. A whole year in the system, better coaches, better defense = more wins and better stats for Freeman. I just hope he takes a step forward in the big games. We need him to play better in those games.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : December 30, 2012, 05:56:00 AM

Freeman sucks.   The Bucs need to move on from this loser right now.

Wesmon

Second String

#20 : December 30, 2012, 06:09:18 AM

This would be the lame duck year on his contract. They have to re-sign him now if they want to keep him or trade him. Expect a new contract by next season, but that doesn't mean he stays here for the long haul.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#21 : December 30, 2012, 06:27:59 AM

You suck. Too bad we can't all move on from you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 30, 2012, 06:47:24 AM

You can.   As soon as the Bucs replace Freeman, I will change my name back to JavaBuc and buy season tickets again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : December 30, 2012, 07:36:55 AM

Free is turrible.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 30, 2012, 10:32:05 AM

You suck. Too bad we can't all move on from you.
thats a personal attack.  Thought PR was going to clean up the boards.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#25 : December 30, 2012, 12:12:28 PM

Agree with FRG. If you're not comfortable signing him to a multi year extension after 2013, he's not worth a franchise tag.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 30, 2012, 05:05:26 PM

I don't think they got much to evaluate today.  Same old Freeman, couple good plays, and a few head scratchers.

How Vincent caught that ball one inch off the turf is beyond me.  And Free had a couple of those.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DejaVu

Starter

#27 : December 30, 2012, 05:13:50 PM

I had an idea that maybe the Lions would trade Stafford for Freeman.   What do you guys think?

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : December 30, 2012, 05:14:02 PM

I don't think they got much to evaluate today.  Same old Freeman, couple good plays, and a few head scratchers.

How Vincent caught that ball one inch off the turf is beyond me.  And Free had a couple of those.
Freeman had just as many good passes dropped. You can't ding him for receivers making good catches and then rip him for incomplete passes that should have been caught. Overall Freeman was much improved today, especially considering how the coaches dialed back the gameplan after halftime.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#29 : December 30, 2012, 05:17:37 PM

Freeman had just as many good passes dropped. You can't ding him for receivers making good catches and then rip him for incomplete passes that should have been caught. Overall Freeman was much improved today, especially considering how the coaches dialed back the gameplan after halftime.

I was with you until........"much improved today."

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It could take the Bucs two more years to evaluate Freeman, « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools