Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano Unloads On His Defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2012, 10:13:37 AM

When a team can go 15-1 with the Worst Pass Defense in NFL History-- then it's pretty much an OVERRATED STAT. (2011 Packers)
Not all awful pass defenses are created the same. The 2011 Packers outscored their opponents by 201 points, so one could say the reason they gave up so many passing yards is because their opponents were playing catch up. The 2012 Bucs have been outscored by 10 points, so opponents aren't even having to chase numbers. They pass because it's just that easy.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#16 : December 29, 2012, 12:21:45 PM

Do your job, he screamed. I know its a novel concept. Were last in the (expletive) league last!  That's leadership right there folks!!  A lesser coach would probably have waited until the last practice of the year to unload on his player like this.  Oh... oops.  :(

what do you want him to say? "its ok guys, shucks maybe we'll do better next time" ? he should be getting on players for terrible play. this is much a do about nothing. if you dont think coaches dont cuss players out when they make idiotic mistakes all year long you dont know football. im perfectly fine with schiano reaming players out for poor play. you get paid to play this game and are expected to perform at a certain level. if you repeatedly fail you will face the consequences. f-words first, firings soon after if you still cant get it right

WHAT he said is fine.  My problem is WHEN he said it.  He waits until the season is over?  Seriously?  What about 4 weeks ago... how about 6 weeks ago... 8 weeks ago?  It's not like it was 2 games where all of a sudden we went for 15th to 32nd.  The pass defense has been terrible since week 6!!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 29, 2012, 02:35:21 PM

he most likely was saying it weeks ago and now some jackoff reporter is trying to make a story of it. you dont just get pissed off 17 weeks in when people cant perform basic technique

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 29, 2012, 03:29:21 PM

he most likely was saying it weeks ago and now some jackoff reporter is trying to make a story of it. you dont just get pissed off 17 weeks in when people cant perform basic technique

My guess is that since this is the first we're hearing of it... it's the first time it's happened.

Wesmon

Second String

#19 : December 29, 2012, 04:08:41 PM

My guess is that since this is the first we're hearing of it... it's the first time it's happened.

Judging by what John Lynch has observed about our team I would say the opposite is the case.

Two days before the Bucs faced the Eagles at Raymond James Stadium, John Lynch stood at the end of a practice field at One Buc Place and was startled to see the team walking through plays in only shorts and jerseys.

Lynch served as the television analyst for several Tampa Bay regular-season games as well as all of its preseason games. The former Bucs and Broncos Pro Bowl safety was aware of how tough workouts were under first-year coach Greg Schiano.

Had the coach, wound tighter than a Swiss watch, finally loosened up?

"Wow, he's really come around, huh? He's taken the load off these guys," Lynch said. "I was standing next to (a staff member) who said, 'Don't be fooled. If you saw what they did Wednesday and Thursday, he just killed them. He grinded them.' "

The Bucs lost that Dec. 9 game 23-21, part of their current five-game skid.

"It's a team that I think had a very demanding coach," Lynch said. "And I think they're out of gas both mentally and physically."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/why-has-the-bucs-season-gone-sour/1268209

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#20 : December 29, 2012, 04:56:16 PM

2011 Packers were #10 in QB rating against and #1 in interceptions and their QB was freaking league MVP.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 29, 2012, 10:14:49 PM

Judging by what John Lynch has observed about our team I would say the opposite is the case.

Two days before the Bucs faced the Eagles at Raymond James Stadium, John Lynch stood at the end of a practice field at One Buc Place and was startled to see the team walking through plays in only shorts and jerseys.

Lynch served as the television analyst for several Tampa Bay regular-season games as well as all of its preseason games. The former Bucs and Broncos Pro Bowl safety was aware of how tough workouts were under first-year coach Greg Schiano.

"Wow, he's really come around, huh? He's taken the load off these guys," Lynch said. "I was standing next to (a staff member) who said, 'Don't be fooled. If you saw what they did Wednesday and Thursday, he just killed them. He grinded them.' "

"It's a team that I think had a very demanding coach," Lynch said. "And I think they're out of gas both mentally and physically."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/why-has-the-bucs-season-gone-sour/1268209

To me, making them work hard isn't the same as calling them out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 29, 2012, 11:15:34 PM

I read that earlier and thought it was interesting.   He can only coach the guys so much.  If the talent is not there, its time to draft some guys who do.  I like Leonard and Gaither, but they are not #1 CB's.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Wesmon

Second String

#23 : December 30, 2012, 04:06:02 AM

I read that earlier and thought it was interesting.   He can only coach the guys so much.  If the talent is not there, its time to draft some guys who do.  I like Leonard and Gaither, but they are not #1 CB's.

Agreed. I think we are in for another purging of the roster before next season. Not even just the talent thing, it is also the willingness to play hard every down. Might see some talented slackers gone like Talib and Winslow were gotten rid of this season.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 30, 2012, 11:22:06 AM

Agreed. I think we are in for another purging of the roster before next season. Not even just the talent thing, it is also the willingness to play hard every down. Might see some talented slackers gone like Talib and Winslow were gotten rid of this season.

Hopefully.

Wonder if any team will pick up Ronde.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 30, 2012, 11:30:19 AM

If they had the corner situation sorted out then Leonard could operate as a safety/3rd corner (much like Ronde).....we'll see what happens this off-season.

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Greg Schiano Unloads On His Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools