Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik get more slack than Bruce Allen? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 29, 2012, 01:53:54 PM

Look at our roster after 5 years of Allen and then compare it to our roster after 4 years of Dominic. It's apples and oranges. Allen took over a HoF defense and slowly destroyed it while replacing it with nothing. We are still recovering from him.
So Dominik inherited a garbage defense and after four years still has a garbage defense. I'm not seeing how that's not a bad thing.

And you can easily argue taking over a partially built team is more difficult than starting from scratch. Allen basically couldn't spend on defense for the first two years he was on the job because the Bucs' salary structure was already so tilted. He couldn't even think about drafting Will Smith, Vince Wilfork and other defensive studs because the defense was already bloated and the offense so famished. Dominik had no such restrictions. He could ruly approach the draft by BPA and build the team however he wanted. And here we are still rebuilding.
: December 29, 2012, 02:53:29 PM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 29, 2012, 01:55:23 PM

this Bucs team with Simms wouldn't win 2 games.

I agree with you about Simms, to a point.   Garcia and Griese (in their prime) could win more games than Freeman with the talent on this roster though.
That they would  and I would never dispute that but the fact remains neither was a long term answer (moreso in Garcias case) which is what Dom was hired to put in place.
He couldn't get the job under the madate of building a young solid team to be an annual threat and then go out and sign Kurt Warner or bring back Garcia.
Ok maybe he could & should have but he still would have had to put that young QB with potential in place to be groomed like the Giants/Cards with Warner when they got Manning/Leinart.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 29, 2012, 01:58:39 PM

$150 million for 8 years or $55.5 million for 5 years, who's paid more?

It depends on how much of that is guaranteed.   
$60 million on an 8 year deal ($7.5 mill per) or $26 million on a 5 year deal ($5.2 mill per)
Seems Johnson still made more.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 29, 2012, 02:08:00 PM

YEAR FIVE!!!  You can no longer blame Gruden, Allen, or anyone...five years is MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to flip an entire roster.  I remember people on the old Bucs board screaming for four years minimum.  Well...it is very fair to look at Dom's drafts and personally...he gets a C- at best.  Do not mistake effort for results...his teams have been the suck.

What's our record vs WINNING teams under Dom????  I'm sure it is under .250.  Time for HIS TEAM to win.  I would not be upset at all if we dumped him.  He has drafted a bunch of busts and injured players.  This year seemed to have either Schiano's stamp or Butch Davis'. 

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 29, 2012, 08:03:50 PM

I think to what I think is FRGs greater point is at what point does the finger start to point at the GM? We can look at individual success stories in certain respects and we can look at some outright disasters in certain respects but overall the team, 4 years later, will still not be as competitive as the team he was hired to better.

As per usual the media is asleep on the issue as they have been in the past and occasionally you'll find a post or two questioning the GM however there is a curious silence on the matter.

I don't particularly care about the Bruce Allen regime as drafting issues actually precede his running the team although he did not improve the situation but I do think it's time to take a good look to see if the team is getting proper bang for it's GM Buc (sic).
: December 29, 2012, 08:05:30 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 29, 2012, 08:37:25 PM

I think when you look at the talent drafted/signed by both by GM's, there is no comparison.  Dominik has made some stupid re-signings of Bruce Allen's draft picks, but that's the worst part of his resume IMO.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 29, 2012, 08:57:08 PM

Bruce Allen and Mark Dominik is basically

BA = George Bush
MD = Barack Obama

Everyone blames BA for the situation of the team. Everyone tries to act like MD is the savior when he really isn't and gives him an undeserved amount of time to try and fix it when hes only making it worse.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Dominik get more slack than Bruce Allen? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools