Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#75 : December 30, 2012, 07:53:09 PM

From what I've seen Schiano is doing very well behind the microphone w/ the media. No signs of stress/meltdowns/irritation with dumb questions - he's doing well.

Looking forward to 2013.

You buying season tickets?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#76 : December 30, 2012, 07:54:01 PM

maybe or maybe not - don't like preseason tix being in the package

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#77 : December 30, 2012, 08:01:04 PM

I'm comparing the player talent in 2008 to this current player talent.   This current talent is better.   This team should be better than it is.

If you want to compare Schiano to Raheem, sure he's an upgrade.   Who wouldn't be?    But that's not a comparison that anyone would want if they want to win.   He needs to be compared to the last actual NFL head coach the team had - Gruden.   And he's obviously worse than Gruden.     Since Gruden was fired to "improve" the team, shouldn't Schiano be an upgrade over Gruden?   If he's not, it's time to move on to another coach.

It's time to move on to another coach.

What total hogwash. Schiano's very first year in the league and he eclipsed every mark on offense rushing and passing. More yardage, more TDs, more everything, and he's not touted as an offensive genius. Schiano doesn't have Monte Kiffin running the defense for him. Ronde Barber has played for every HC from Tony Dungy on. I'd say his first choice would be between Schiano and Dungy, based on character and leadership. Schiano knows how to build a team. Gruden knows how to dismantle one. Schiano reminds me of Vince Lombardi. Gruden reminds me of a psycho doll I saw in reviews of a very bad horror flick.

Wow...Schiano is suposed to be a defensive minded guy...worst Bucs D ever?  Sullivan is running HIS OFFENSE.  Schiano is running his DEFENSE.  Uhhhh....brother...stay off the drugs man....Lombardi?  Every shred of credibility just left you with that ridiculous comparison.  Wow....just wow...

Aside from a slight physical resemblance, ethnic backgrounds, and being raised in north Jersey, Lombardi and Schiano share a common demeanor. They're both dedicated and demanding, also honest and fair. Schiano probably would have traded Paul Hornung. He's not as abrasive as Lombardi was, but he doesn't tolerate as much either. I'm sure there are others on this board that remember Lombardi and understand where I'm coming from.

Schiano is a hands-on HC. He's involved in every aspect of this team. Nothing gets done without his approval (much like Lombardi), but you can't expect to fix everything in less than a year. The defense has been respectable these last two games. That will be a focal point for the next nine months. The Bucs will be much improved next season.

That whole disagree without being disagreeable thing appears to be beyond your scope of reference. Look into it.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#78 : December 30, 2012, 08:08:25 PM

I'd like to hear from the other posters that think Schiano and Lombardi should even be mentioned n the same sentence.  Again, I think we possibly might be headed in the right direction.  The defense is pathetic.  We finished on a 1-5 slide and managed to beat a lifeless, insouciant Falcon team.  I think we played inspired today and coach should get credit for that but please spare me the comparisons to an all-time great coach.  It makes you sound foolish.

PS  If you think that an old school football philosophy is going to work in todays NFL....I think you are wrong.  Modern football rules are unbalanced towards offenses.  Leading the league in rushing defense is WORTHLESS in 2012.  Believe it.  Hopefully Schiano sees this and makes major changes to his college scheme.  ANd yes, he brought it with him from Rutgers.  Not good.  Your buddy Lombardi would not try to run the Cumberland defense in the pros...agreed?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#79 : December 30, 2012, 09:04:42 PM

I'd like to hear from the other posters that think Schiano and Lombardi should even be mentioned n the same sentence.  Again, I think we possibly might be headed in the right direction.  The defense is pathetic.  We finished on a 1-5 slide and managed to beat a lifeless, insouciant Falcon team.  I think we played inspired today and coach should get credit for that but please spare me the comparisons to an all-time great coach.  It makes you sound foolish.

PS  If you think that an old school football philosophy is going to work in todays NFL....I think you are wrong.  Modern football rules are unbalanced towards offenses.  Leading the league in rushing defense is WORTHLESS in 2012.  Believe it.  Hopefully Schiano sees this and makes major changes to his college scheme.  ANd yes, he brought it with him from Rutgers.  Not good.  Your buddy Lombardi would not try to run the Cumberland defense in the pros...agreed?

Agree, its a different game now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 31, 2012, 01:35:22 AM

So you are saying Vince Lombardi could never coach in today's league. I say BS. You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is BS. You obviously can read. You just don't comprehend much and you'd rather pick a fight and argue than agree with anyone about anything. It's very likely that you are ugly and your mother dresses you funny. That would explain your attitude. Vince Lombardi's family and Greg Schiano's family all went to the same church and hung out wit' each other all the time. They even went on family vacations wit' de Sopranos together. They were close.....real close. They were playing pickup basketball games together. Do you get it yet? Probably not. Happy New Year.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#81 : December 31, 2012, 08:05:19 AM

Man you are a whiny little biatch.  You seem to think that you are an expert on lombardi and schiano.  I call total bs.  You seem to be an expert whiner though.  Good job.  I love when posters have to rely on personal attacks.  I'm just returning your weak ass serve.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#82 : December 31, 2012, 09:23:11 AM

im curious as to what type of season joshua mcfalls expected for the Bucs.  was he expecting a NFCS title?  10 wins?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#83 : December 31, 2012, 09:26:23 AM

I'd like to hear from the other posters that think Schiano and Lombardi should even be mentioned n the same sentence. 
I think Schiano has all the good parts of Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Walsh, Parcells, and Belichick.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : December 31, 2012, 09:32:44 AM

I think Schiano has all the good parts of Lombardi, Shula, Landry, Walsh, Parcells, and Belichick.

i fully agree.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#85 : December 31, 2012, 10:49:34 AM

Man you are a whiny little biatch.  You seem to think that you are an expert on lombardi and schiano.  I call total bs.  You seem to be an expert whiner though.  Good job.  I love when posters have to rely on personal attacks.  I'm just returning your weak ass serve.

For one, I actually remember Vince Lombardi from his glory years. The week that he died his team (Redskins) played an exhibition game in Tampa. As for Schiano, during his tenure at Rutgers I have lived in Staten Island NY and just across the Delaware River in Pennsylvania. I'm no expert but I am quite familiar with the backgrounds of both men. Obviously you can't tell the difference between characteristics and actual achievements. If you happen to be around someone you recognize as intelligent, ask them to explain the difference, and tell them I said good luck.

As for the personal attacks dumbazzz, go back to the first reply from you and have that intelligent person explain to you what you wrote. Again, tell him I said good luck and thank him for his patience. It's always nice to help the mentally impaired. Oh yeah, you also have no sense of humor, and I take back that "happy new year" I so graciously gave you earlier. I hope you have a miserable new year to go along with your miserable personality and disposition. I hope the Bucs go undefeated and you grow ulcers with every victory.

Bucsfan79

Second String

#86 : December 31, 2012, 11:44:27 AM

Yea...If our players were born in the 20's and 30's, then Schiano would be a good coach player relation wise with his authoritarian style, but the players were born in the 70's80's and 90's!! You can't get the best out of your team if your players don't respect you as coach........and you don't allow them to be men.... My way or the highway is a dead coaching style today....Unless you are Bill B.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#87 : December 31, 2012, 12:49:32 PM

Yea...If our players were born in the 20's and 30's, then Schiano would be a good coach player relation wise with his authoritarian style, but the players were born in the 70's80's and 90's!! You can't get the best out of your team if your players don't respect you as coach........and you don't allow them to be men.... My way or the highway is a dead coaching style today....Unless you are Bill B.

According to Ronde Barber, you are dead wrong. Greg Schiano is very much respected in that locker room. As for "allowing" them to be men, it's more like he is making them men. John Lynch made a similar comment during the game yesterday. By an odd coincidence, I recall several of Vince Lombardi's players saying he made men out of them. At any rate the only one I've heard complain about Schiano is K2. I would guess you are a fan of his and you don't handle discipline very well. Schiano is like the Marine Corps. He builds men. He also teaches. That's a great combination that the Bucs have never had before. I believe it will pay off in the long run, and I believe Ronde Barber wants more of it. There is clearly a bonding process going on between Schiano and this team. There are still holes to fill and you can bet they will be. The Bucs will be tougher than most in the coming years.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#88 : December 31, 2012, 12:53:41 PM

good post sparky.

and you don't allow them to be men....

how is schiano not allowing them to be men?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#89 : January 02, 2013, 02:49:07 PM

For one, I actually remember Vince Lombardi from his glory years. The week that he died his team (Redskins) played an exhibition game in Tampa. As for Schiano, during his tenure at Rutgers I have lived in Staten Island NY and just across the Delaware River in Pennsylvania. I'm no expert but I am quite familiar with the backgrounds of both men. Obviously you can't tell the difference between characteristics and actual achievements. If you happen to be around someone you recognize as intelligent, ask them to explain the difference, and tell them I said good luck.

As for the personal attacks dumbazzz, go back to the first reply from you and have that intelligent person explain to you what you wrote. Again, tell him I said good luck and thank him for his patience. It's always nice to help the mentally impaired. Oh yeah, you also have no sense of humor, and I take back that "happy new year" I so graciously gave you earlier. I hope you have a miserable new year to go along with your miserable personality and disposition. I hope the Bucs go undefeated and you grow ulcers with every victory.

My New Year will have little to do with a cyber punk like you.  Gloves are off...I can't stand it when morons like you decide to compare one of our own to one of the all-time greats.  I had idiots like you try say Freeman was Peyton Manning incarnate.  Now your stupidity has the gall to compare Lombardi to Schiano.  Yes, I called you out on it.  Yes, you are a freaking homer thta should be called out on.  I don't care if they dress the same....talk the same...walk the same...UNTIL Schiano comes close to accomplishing what Vince has done you sound stupid.  I don't mind optimism but utter stupidity should be called out...you were.

If and when Greg Schiano wins multiple Super Bowls feel free to bump this post and call me out.  Hell, I'll do it myself.  You are dead wrong again...why would I get an ulcer from the Bucs winning????  You must be one of those "everyone should get a trophy" parents or a freaking tree hugging hippie.  Go smoke a bowl hippie and get the F outta here.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools