Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: December 30, 2012, 12:07:49 AM

The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012

By Joshua McFalls

December 29, 2012 8:13 am

Head coaches in the NFL have hard jobs. They are brought in to help out a team, make unity among the players and start winning games. We all know who the obvious top coaches are in the NFL but what about the ones at the bottom of the barrel?

How do these coaches stack up against everyone else? The following five coaches have failed in their attempts to steer their respective teams in the direction they want to go. As a result most of these teams will be in rebuilding mode in the offseason.

Without further ado, here are the five worst coaches in the NFL.

Rex Ryan (New York Jets)

Let's not even bring Tim Tebow into this conversation (too late). Rex Ryan in his first two years as coach of the Jets prepped a team in unity and skill that led them to an impressive two straight AFC Championship games back-to-back seasons. Lately though Ryan has lost control of his players in the locker room, doesn't know what to do at the quarterback position, and overall has a nasty attitude towards life. With missing the postseason this year, the Jets front office needs to take a long hard look at whether Ryan should stay or not

Andy Reid (Philidelphia Eagles)

For being the longest tenured coach in the NFL one would think Andy Reid would have brought more success to the Eagles. With only one Super Bowl appearance and many seasons of missing the playoffs, Reid is most likely gone after this season. He doesn't show the kahunas to make the tough decisions. All he did was sign Michael Vick to a deal and now is regretting it with Nick Foles at quarterback. Another disappointing season for Philly and Reid comes in at number two.

Greg Schiano (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

The Buccaneers were once in playoff contention this season. They slowly faded out of that. Don't put the blame on Josh Freeman or Doug Martin. They're still producing. Schiano has been known as a bit of a jerk around the locker room and his blitz on a knee down doesn't exactly help his cause. With all the talent the Bucs have, this one falls squarely on Schiano's shoulders.

Lovie Smith (Chicago Bears)

After being with the Bears for over six years Lovie Smith has not accomplished very much. With only one Super Bowl appearance to his name Smith has lost control of his team. After starting the year 7-1 and taking the NFC by surprise they are on the brink of the playoffs, needing help from the Packers. Chalk this up to another bad coaching year.

Mike Mularkey (Jacksonville Jaguars)

The 2-13 record not withstanding, the Jaguars have had a poor season. Mike Mularkey has not had an impact on the team at all. Other than replacing Blaine Gabbert with Chad Henne, the Jaguars have not won games that were winnable. It's not a lack of playmakers. Justin Blackmon and Cecil Shorts are making their prescence known. Mularkey just doesn't know how to get a grip on the locker room and inspire his players to perform better as a whole.

http://www.footballnation.com/content/the-nfls-5-worst-coaches-2012/20464/

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#1 : December 30, 2012, 12:11:39 AM

Wow.  Those are some harsh words about Schiano.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#2 : December 30, 2012, 12:16:53 AM

I'm not saying anything about coach but that loses all credibility when it says Freeman is still producing, no matter what side of the love/hate line you fall NOBODY can say Josh is still producing.
Dougie has dropped off big time too.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 30, 2012, 12:38:43 AM

With the Dbs as bad as they are, injuries, and the fact its a very young team, it's not all schiano's fault.

More like 65% his fault. To be this bad in the last two games takes some work from other people, but with schiano being a rookie HC, plenty of blame can and will be thrown his way.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : December 30, 2012, 12:59:18 AM

The author of that article is a fool

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Rebel

Rookie

#5 : December 30, 2012, 01:15:59 AM

I will take Coach Schiano over

Pat Shurmer
Norv Turner
Romeo Crennel
Dennis Allen
Mike Munchak
Ron Rivera
Jim Schwartz
Joe Philban

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : December 30, 2012, 01:25:57 AM

I will take Coach Schiano over

Pat Shurmer
Norv Turner
Romeo Crennel
Dennis Allen
Mike Munchak
Ron Rivera
Jim Schwartz
Joe Philban

Mike Mularkey
Chan Gailey
Rex Ryan

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 30, 2012, 05:58:07 AM

In other words, you'd take him over the worst coaches in the NFL who should all be replaced.

Wesmon

Second String

#8 : December 30, 2012, 06:15:40 AM

That isn't very good insight into our problems. Schiano might not be the answer, but it is too early to decide that. If you are gonna call him a worst coach, call it on him for losing the team in the last few weeks, not for citing the kneeldown BS that no one (including those in the NFL) cares about.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#9 : December 30, 2012, 06:23:18 AM

You lose all credibility as a sports journalist when you describe someone as a "jerk" in a printed article. From all I have read and seen Greg Schiano is admired and respected by everyone still in the Buccaneer organization. The few who don't are gone or soon will be. The man is determined, dedicated, and demanding. From all accounts he has also been honest and fair. What more could you want from a HC? He's made some mistakes. Every coach does. He is quick to correct what he can as soon as possible. Some issues he took care of before they could become a problem (K2, TJ, Brian Price). You can't expect perfection from the man in his first year in the league. His first offense has set new team records, and his defense has gone from worst to first in rushing allowed. The wins will come. I'm confident he will have the Bucs in the playoffs next season, and be on the Top 5 HC list for 2013.

Really bad article IMO.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 30, 2012, 06:28:12 AM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 30, 2012, 06:34:54 AM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.

You think this team is turned around?    They haven't won a game in over a month.
: December 30, 2012, 06:37:11 AM JavaRay

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 30, 2012, 06:42:32 AM

From all I have read and seen Greg Schiano is admired and respected by everyone still in the Buccaneer organization. The few who don't are gone or soon will be.

"My way or the highway" is a good theory if you know what you are doing.   From all I've read and seen, Schiano doesn't know the pro game and is as "college" as it gets.

his defense has gone from worst to first in rushing allowed.

Worst pass defense in the league.   The fact that the D stacks against the run every down is one of Schiano's biggest faults.   It's easy to be number one against the run when nobody runs the ball because you are so easy to pass on.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : December 30, 2012, 06:43:58 AM

You think this team is turned around?    They haven't won a game in over a month.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#14 : December 30, 2012, 06:50:03 AM

Rome wasn't built in a day.

True.   It took several hundred years.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools