Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#45 : December 30, 2012, 01:14:12 PM

So are you saying Schiano has fixed the defense?

I believe what i typed was....... "3.5 per attempt...best in the league".

They are going to be the worst pass defense in NFL history.  This is now a pass first league.  You tell me what's more important in today's game.

Have you seen what we're lining up at the back end? The results shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Tired of this excuse...when we had Talib and Wright back there they were get torched.  You act like they were stopping people when they were no injuries.  You are afraid to deal with the facts..it is a big east college defense that has been exposed. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#46 : December 30, 2012, 01:26:36 PM

As far as stopping the run or pass, with the emphasis teams like the Saints and Falcons put on establishing a run game, I'd say that's a clue. What's most important is red zone D, BOTH in the run and pass. Yardage means little, unless the pass offense is just plain bad. Not uncommon for the better passing team yardage-wise to lose the game...
We are 0-3 against those teams.  Soon to b 0-4.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#47 : December 30, 2012, 01:41:27 PM

So are you saying Schiano has fixed the defense?

I believe what i typed was....... "3.5 per attempt...best in the league".

They are going to be the worst pass defense in NFL history.  This is now a pass first league.  You tell me what's more important in today's game.

Have you seen what we're lining up at the back end? The results shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Tired of this excuse...when we had Talib and Wright back there they were get torched.  You act like they were stopping people when they were no injuries.  You are afraid to deal with the facts..it is a big east college defense that has been exposed.

Our pass defense sux.....i've never argued that.We have terrible corners and no pass rush. Add to that we are the worst blitzing team in the league. Anything else you'd like to add to that?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#48 : December 30, 2012, 01:45:16 PM

Yes...even with healthy players the scheme failed. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#49 : December 30, 2012, 02:01:57 PM

Yes...even with healthy players the scheme failed.

You will get no disagreement from me. I'm not even sure what you're arguing.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#50 : December 30, 2012, 02:16:40 PM

Dude...I said...oh...lol...my bad.  I guess I thought you were touting the defense.  When you blitz on every down there's a good chance you will limit rushing yards as a whole.  Which the scheme has done.  At what cost?  Well we know.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#51 : December 30, 2012, 02:19:30 PM

On a further note...unless major tweaks are made...even with healthy players and better players expect the same results in '13.

It is a poor defense for the modern NFL.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : December 30, 2012, 02:30:09 PM

On a further note...unless major tweaks are made...even with healthy players and better players expect the same results in '13.

It is a poor defense for the modern NFL.

I know there were other coaches that we were denied from hiring..... was a DC one of them?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#53 : December 30, 2012, 02:33:47 PM

I didn't like the Sheridan hiring however, both coaches will tell you that this is Schiano's defense they are running...period.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#54 : December 30, 2012, 04:12:08 PM

The author of that article is a fool
http://www.footballnation.com/author/joshua-mcfalls/

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#55 : December 30, 2012, 04:15:24 PM

Who TF is Joshua McFalls and why should I give a carp?

Did he coach or play in the NFL?

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#56 : December 30, 2012, 04:16:51 PM

Who TF is Joshua McFalls and why should I give a carp?

Did he coach or play in the NFL?
Exactly

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#57 : December 30, 2012, 04:20:33 PM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.

You think this team is turned around?    They haven't won a game in over a month.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

So you're saying he hasn't turned the team around.
No, I'm saying that they're trending in the right direction and very few organizations can do a complete turnaround in one off season.

NovaBuc

Starter

#58 : December 30, 2012, 04:42:46 PM

Schiano has definitely turned the team around and improved things.

Compared to the 9-7 2008 season?    I disagree.

Wasn't comparing it to that season, but I'd say it's an improvement over that season as well after thinking about it. The 2008 team was a bad collapse at the end of the season, team was in playoff contention and needed to basically win one game.. lost four straight to end the season, one to the worst draft pick in NFL history, Jamarcus Russell. Gave up nearly 300 yards rushing to Carolina in another game and got destroyed by San Diego. Honestly, outside of last year the worst end of season collapse by the Bucs that I can think of. I realize you're bring it up because of Gruden, but quite frankly after seeing the way the defense (and Kiffin) more or less quit on him, I think it speaks volumes for how badly he had lost the team - nor do I buy the excuse that in the wake of Kiffin saying he was going to go coach his son's defense in college, the team decided to hand the defensive reigns to Morris. I don't think Kiffin wanted anything more to do with Gruden at that point, otherwise I think he would have waited until after the season was over to say something. After all, the team was in contention not only for the playoffs but a division win.

Plus, Gruden's offensive genius never produced an offensive season like we've seen in Schiano's first year.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#59 : December 30, 2012, 04:44:41 PM

No way to judge him this early, after next season he would have a body of work to take a look at.  But now....way too early.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools