Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#60 : December 30, 2012, 04:52:35 PM

last off season he was just figuring out where his parking spot and office were located.....I expect this off-season Schiano will get a lot accomplished in setting up this team to his liking.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#61 : December 30, 2012, 04:55:31 PM

Yep, and that off season will start on Monday with his coaches. I expect we will have a much better off season this year. He knows the players, he knows how they will respond to the season and to coaching. I expect to see a really good off season from the Bucs this year.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#62 : December 30, 2012, 04:57:09 PM

Rookie HC turned around a team circling the drain in 2011.  I'm happy that he's our HC.

You think this team is turned around?    They haven't won a game in over a month.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

So you're saying he hasn't turned the team around.
No, I'm saying that they're trending in the right direction and very few organizations can do a complete turnaround in one off season.

It would have been difficult for any new coach not to be better than the Bucs were under Morris at the end of last year since that was a collapse likely never seen in the history of the league. Right now I'm neutral on Schiano and it remains to be seen if he can now move the team forward.

If one wants to say the bleeding was stopped I would agree.

It will be interesting to see how the coaching staff is treated as I think there were some holes there....possibly as early as Monday.
: December 30, 2012, 04:59:06 PM ryan24

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#63 : December 30, 2012, 05:23:47 PM

I would like to see some changes.  Like a new DC.   Wright gone.   New returner.  Replace Underwood.

And of course 7 new draft choices, mostly on defense.   And one or two free agent pickups.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#64 : December 30, 2012, 05:27:17 PM

"He doesn't show the kahunas to make the tough decisions"

Kahunas?  Really?

They really scrape the bottom of the literary barrel there, don't they?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#65 : December 30, 2012, 05:31:37 PM

Grew up in the islands....Kahuna is a Hawaiian word. Did he mean cojones?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#66 : December 30, 2012, 07:16:19 PM

I'm comparing the player talent in 2008 to this current player talent.   This current talent is better.   This team should be better than it is.

If you want to compare Schiano to Raheem, sure he's an upgrade.   Who wouldn't be?    But that's not a comparison that anyone would want if they want to win.   He needs to be compared to the last actual NFL head coach the team had - Gruden.   And he's obviously worse than Gruden.     Since Gruden was fired to "improve" the team, shouldn't Schiano be an upgrade over Gruden?   If he's not, it's time to move on to another coach.

It's time to move on to another coach.

What total hogwash. Schiano's very first year in the league and he eclipsed every mark on offense rushing and passing. More yardage, more TDs, more everything, and he's not touted as an offensive genius. Schiano doesn't have Monte Kiffin running the defense for him. Ronde Barber has played for every HC from Tony Dungy on. I'd say his first choice would be between Schiano and Dungy, based on character and leadership. Schiano knows how to build a team. Gruden knows how to dismantle one. Schiano reminds me of Vince Lombardi. Gruden reminds me of a psycho doll I saw in reviews of a very bad horror flick.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#67 : December 30, 2012, 07:24:04 PM

I'm comparing the player talent in 2008 to this current player talent.   This current talent is better.   This team should be better than it is.

If you want to compare Schiano to Raheem, sure he's an upgrade.   Who wouldn't be?    But that's not a comparison that anyone would want if they want to win.   He needs to be compared to the last actual NFL head coach the team had - Gruden.   And he's obviously worse than Gruden.     Since Gruden was fired to "improve" the team, shouldn't Schiano be an upgrade over Gruden?   If he's not, it's time to move on to another coach.

It's time to move on to another coach.

What total hogwash. Schiano's very first year in the league and he eclipsed every mark on offense rushing and passing. More yardage, more TDs, more everything, and he's not touted as an offensive genius. Schiano doesn't have Monte Kiffin running the defense for him. Ronde Barber has played for every HC from Tony Dungy on. I'd say his first choice would be between Schiano and Dungy, based on character and leadership. Schiano knows how to build a team. Gruden knows how to dismantle one. Schiano reminds me of Vince Lombardi. Gruden reminds me of a psycho doll I saw in reviews of a very bad horror flick.

Wow...Schiano is suposed to be a defensive minded guy...worst Bucs D ever?  Sullivan is running HIS OFFENSE.  Schiano is running his DEFENSE.  Uhhhh....brother...stay off the drugs man....Lombardi?  Every shred of credibility just left you with that ridiculous comparison.  Wow....just wow...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#68 : December 30, 2012, 07:28:48 PM

Going from 4 wins to 6 wins and only losing your last 6 games as opposed to 10 is turning the team around in your opinion?  And that's with all that additional talent added.  No wonder you voted to reelect Obama.

Being competitive in 14 games and going from 4 wins to 7 wins is definitely turning the team around. Being the only team in the league to beat the fowlgoons in their own house is a nice added touch. They have the best record in the league and they very nearly lost to us TWICE. It's called progress. Next year there will be even more.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#69 : December 30, 2012, 07:32:47 PM

Losing 5 of your last 6 is turning it around?   

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#70 : December 30, 2012, 07:34:18 PM

season in totality is a turn around over 2011

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#71 : December 30, 2012, 07:35:18 PM

Not really.   Any coach other than Raheem could have done as well or better than Schiano did.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#72 : December 30, 2012, 07:38:52 PM

conjecture - easy for you to say since there's no way to prove you wrong

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#73 : December 30, 2012, 07:46:57 PM

I watched Lombardi teams from 1960 forward, and yes, there are definite style similarities. Both were all about focus and preparation, and playing hard and smart, both in practice and on gameday. Lombardi learned a lot his first few years; tough, but not blindly stubborn; listened to assistants and players. Schiano has shown tobe a very good communicator; strong leader and good listener. Both won 7 games in their first season, although Lombardi had the advantage of NFL experience as the Giants OC, and didn't have near the injury setbacks to key players Schiano had to deal with. Biggest difference I see so far was Lombardi was generally very uncomfortable with the media; Schiano appears to be in total control of PC's.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#74 : December 30, 2012, 07:48:57 PM

From what I've seen Schiano is doing very well behind the microphone w/ the media. No signs of stress/meltdowns/irritation with dumb questions - he's doing well.

Looking forward to 2013.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The NFL's 5 Worst Coaches Of 2012 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools