Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 13th In 2013 NFL Draft « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#30 : December 31, 2012, 12:28:34 AM

Draft position doesn't matter to me. Dom has shown plenty of times that he will move up or down depending on who he is targeting. As long as we go pass D, I'm happy - CB, DL.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#31 : December 31, 2012, 12:30:56 AM

There are actually a couple of really good tackles (both right and left) available in free agency...if we are going to try and upgrade the O-line...although we already had a ton of money sunk into our O-line. Maybe a young OT would be a better way to go if the better CBs and DEs are gone so we don't reach. Personally, I think the O-line will be much better with Joseph and Nicks back and Dotson is serviceable...especially with the two guards back. I'd rather draft a different position.

A lot will obviously depend on free agency. There are some good DEs and CBs available. I'd love to see the Bucs target a DE like Avril from Det or Freeney (get him back in a 4-3). While Bennett had his best year...it was a contract year and I honestly don't think he's better than the previous two I mentioned. If you can't get Avril or Freeney...then bring Bennett back and maybe you get his brother to come and replace Clark at TE.

I'd also like the Bucs to target a CB like Brent Grimes. He's coming off a major injury but if healthy...he's the best CB available and you take him away from a division rival.

While RT could use an upgrade...it's nowhere near as big a need as DE or CB. If you can land a DE or CB in free agency...that opens up the 13th pick for best player available. If we don't sign a CB or DE...then I think we almost have to draft one.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#32 : December 31, 2012, 12:32:25 AM

I really Like Chance Warmack; I see top 5 at his position in a couple of years; Excellent run blocker

Warmack and Nicks as the two Guards would be absolutely amazing.

We already have two Pro Bowl caliber OG in Joseph and Nicks. If anything gets upgraded on the O-line it would be either a RT or a LT and then sliding Penn over to RT.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#33 : December 31, 2012, 12:32:39 AM

Much rather take BVA (Best Value Available) - then BPA - as BPA is a cop-out and is seriously weighted towards need.

Agreed.

I'm sure Mark Barron was the "BPA" available on their boards.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 31, 2012, 12:38:50 AM

I really Like Chance Warmack; I see top 5 at his position in a couple of years; Excellent run blocker

Warmack and Nicks as the two Guards would be absolutely amazing.

We already have two Pro Bowl caliber OG in Joseph and Nicks. If anything gets upgraded on the O-line it would be either a RT or a LT and then sliding Penn over to RT.

Davin Joseph has been incredibly inconsistent and pedestrian since the 2008 season. It amazes me how much of a pass he is given by Bucs fans simply because of his draft position, stupid contract given as a gift from Dom, and the most recent pro bowl selection. 

Warmack would not only come in day one and be an instant upgrade, he would also cost about $4-5 million less. All of Davin's guaranteed money has been paid out, and there is no way that he should be getting paid like a top 5 guard.

Won't happen though. Davin has the wool pulled over people's eyes.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#35 : December 31, 2012, 12:43:27 AM

I kind of like Ansah in the first and Trufant in the 2nd
Ansah is still raw, but has an incredible upside. No problem if we go that route.

In Verner We Trust

McCoy93

Starter

#36 : December 31, 2012, 12:44:08 AM

Yes I feel Davin Joesph has been overrated by people in the media. I snicker when i hear elite guard.He is going to be 30 next season coming off an injury i would move him if i could if we got Warmack.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#37 : December 31, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Best Available player at 13 please, and hopefully it's a stud pass rusher

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#38 : December 31, 2012, 01:41:33 AM

I said Pro Bowl caliber because Nicks is a no brainer but Joseph is borderline...but still better than anyone we had starting this year. I agree that Joseph is overrated but still a very good guard. I'd rather have him in there than many others. Also, we have so much money tied up in Penn, Nicks, and Joseph spending that kind of money on another guard just won't happen and we have bigger needs. Joseph is a fine guard. Is he elite...maybe not but he's way better than average IMO.

Gobucs991940

Second String
#39 : December 31, 2012, 02:21:06 AM

There is no guarantee that Milliner will be there at 13, in fact right now i think he is a little overrated. Love him in pewter. I think he will be there at 13 usually corners don't go that high unless they are elite. Dom will likely trade down and get Banks and another pick though.

I just don't see Tampa going with a DE in the first. I mean who? Sam Montgomery wont put this team over the top, sorry. Does Lewan get us to 11-12 wins? Doubt it. Gotta keep teams from scoring. We get Clayborn back next year so if we re-sign Bennett gotta be  a cb.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#40 : December 31, 2012, 02:47:36 AM

Re-sign Bennett, bring back Clayborn, sign a CB and draft a CB. Not sure why people are up in arms about us drating another DE.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#41 : December 31, 2012, 04:09:24 AM

Trade up for Richardson, Werner, Moore, or Lotulelei (I think they will all be top 10 picks before it's all said and done), or trade down for Rhodes and extra picks.  I don't see a lot of value at the 13 spot as it stands.  I don't think Milliner will be there, and IMHO he's not worth trading up for.  I also think that's too high to pick Rhodes or Banks.  A lot of it will depend on what happens in free agency.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#42 : December 31, 2012, 04:15:09 AM

I don't see a lot of value at the 13 spot

13 is a terrible spot to be picking.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#43 : December 31, 2012, 05:01:32 AM

I am actually not a huge fan of Bennett. He disappeared to many times in too many games. He also only had 2 of his 9 sacks in the last 7 games and they were against a horrible Philly o-line. I think there are better options out there in free agency such as Cliff Avril, Dwight Freeney (who played out of position in a 3-4 last year), Osi Umenyiora, and maybe even Michael Johnson. I'd rather take a look at one of those guys. I definitely thing we sign a DE instead of draft one as I am not sure any of the guys that will be there at pick 13 will be better than those available in free agency.

I'd also sign the top CB available which will be Brent Grimes. He's coming off a major injury but played at a Pro Bowl level before. It's a risk, but if healthy...he's who'd I'd target (plus we'd be taking him away from a division rival). If you can't get him or he's not healthy, you get the next best CB available. You also cut Wright to free up his salary. The top 2-3 CBs available in free agency will be better than Wright and you can use his money to land them.

If you can sign a DE and CB...that gives you much more flexibility at 13. I hope Milliner drops to us. If not I say trade down and get another pick and again draft the best player available. I'd also like to see us trade back up into the end of round 1 like we did last year and draft the TE out of Notre Dame. Trading back would get us more ammo to do that.

El Diablo

Starter

#44 : December 31, 2012, 06:29:05 AM

Re-sign Bennett, bring back Clayborn, sign a CB and draft a CB. Not sure why people are up in arms about us drating another DE.

I am not sure why you think we are ok at DE? First off I don't think Bennett will be back. Heard him on an interview yesterday and he was already thanking the bucs for giving him an opportunity and talking about playing with his brother and this is a business. Clayborn is hurt and may not play or play well next year. Bowers is still not proven. Our pass rush is horrible. Maybe you don't remember what it wad like getting pressure of the ends.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Pick 13th In 2013 NFL Draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools