Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan To Interview For Bears Job « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 01, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

Not shocked...  Guy took a terrible offense and made it inarguably better.

I think Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin came into our offense and made it inarguably better...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : January 01, 2013, 08:35:40 AM

I think Vincent Jackson and Doug Martin came into our offense and made it inarguably better...

Throw in Nicks and Clark as well.  Funny how an offensive coordinator comes out looking better when he has players to work with. You think Olson would have liked to have those guys on his offense last season?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 01, 2013, 08:37:13 AM

Sullivan saved Schiano's ass this year.    Schiano is clueless.   If the Bucs lose Sully, they are screwed.

...is "saving his ass" an under .500 team?

Jus sayin'.

Bucs would have gone 0-16 without Sullivan.   Yes, Schiano is that clueless.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 01, 2013, 10:00:53 AM

If Josh has to learn another offense next year...god help us all.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 01, 2013, 10:01:01 AM

All of a sudden a Sullivan fan? Can't recall you saying anything positive about the Bucs since Jon Gruden was canned/axed, but this is a first.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 01, 2013, 10:02:22 AM

If Sully does leave, I like Wisenhunt. I think he'd be a good fit with our coaching staff as well as our personnel.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 01, 2013, 10:03:59 AM

Agree on Whisenhunt, but it'll be a temporary job - he, like Lovie Smith, will be head coaches in the NFL again.
Didn't Whisenhunt have some role in Ben Roethlisberger's development and success as a rookie QB?
: January 01, 2013, 10:06:05 AM Morgan

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 01, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

They are all temporary. Either they do great and get a better job, or they suck and get fired.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 01, 2013, 10:20:17 AM

With all the turnover every year and top assistants looking for HC gigs, even going to college HC openings, an NFL HC has to be prepared for his assistants leaving. I'm quite sure Schiano is.
     Norv Turner as OC might be interesting and he could stick, as he's always struggled as a HC. Don't know if Schiano has an interest, but probably brother Ron, Freeman's QB coach, would dig working with brother Norv.
     Interesting tidbit; Ron's son Cameron is assistant to the HC for the Vikings, so at least 1 of the Turners made the playoffs this year :)

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 01, 2013, 10:54:41 AM

I love Norv as an OC, I don't love him as an OC here with Freeman - then again not sure I can think of a lot of guys I love with Freeman because accuracy usually matter in any NFL offense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 01, 2013, 10:59:19 AM

Agree on Whisenhunt, but it'll be a temporary job - he, like Lovie Smith, will be head coaches in the NFL again.

Only if he's successful as an OC. I'll take it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#26 : January 01, 2013, 12:01:05 PM

Not related to football but I like this video on here better than any other I have seen on here... nice!!!!

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#27 : January 01, 2013, 12:04:48 PM

off topic...dude who is that in your sig?

That's what I'm sayin....looks like my GF before she "gained weight" .....boy am I glad she doesn't come on here : )

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 01, 2013, 12:47:25 PM

Too many qualified candidates out. I think in a bad year, he gets this job in a heartbeat. I'll be surprised if they take Sully.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 01, 2013, 12:59:08 PM

I like Sully, but he's a WR/QB coach that has one year OC experience. I think any team that makes him a HC is stupid.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sullivan To Interview For Bears Job « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools