Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Best Free Agent QB on the market ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 01, 2013, 12:16:22 AM

Why Vince Young Is The Best Free Agent QB

By James FitzGerald IV

December 27, 2012 11:31 pm

So let me get this straight. We can talk till we are blue in the face about the future of Mark Sanchez. Talk ad nauseum about the unfair treatment of Tim Tebow. Ask a thousand times about where Michael Vick is going to be taking snaps, and dub a one game wonder in Matt Flynn the most sought after quarterback going into the 2013 offseason. But we don't have time to bring up the best quarterback not in the league.

The QB that would be a perfect fit for the direction that the league is going in offensively. Why is it that no one is talking about getting Vince Young ahead of all the quarterbacks that were just mentioned? In a league where teams are finding starting QB spots for Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, and a plethora of other QBs who are below average, we really can't find a spot for Vince Young?

While everyone is talking about how all Tim Tebow does is win game, Vince Young's career win-loss record is 31-19. While everyone is talking about how the league is changing offensively because of the spread option and you need a mobile quarterback, Vince averages 5.2 yards per carry. Everyone knows that Vince Young can run the Spread Option attack. Ask Pete Carroll, coach of the Seattle Seahawks how Vince does with the Spread Option. He saw it first hand while coaching USC while Vince Young was shredding the Trojans defense with the spread.

Young is only 28 years old. His career stats of 57.9 %, 8,764 YDS 46 Tds, 51 INTs, are better than some of the QB's that have a starting spot in the league as we speak.

Mark Sanchez just got a contract for $58 million dollars with worse career stats than Vince Young. It's going to cost the Jets $17 million to get out that deal if they don't find a trade partner in the offseason for Sanchez. You could probably sign Vince Young for a 25% of Sanchez's buyout.

If the league can celebrate the rise of potential QB stars like Robert Griffin III , Colin Kaepernick & Cam Newton, then a team can find a roster spot for the QB that made their style of play acceptable in the first place. While teams like the  Jacksonville Jaguars , New York Jets , Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, and Arizona Cardinals are contemplating their futures at the quarterback position they need to consider Vince Young very seriously. He has the size and the experience to get it done, and they know it!

http://www.footballnation.com/content/why-vince-young-is-the-best-free-agent-qb/20418/

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#1 : January 01, 2013, 01:10:55 AM

I'll take Boyd if he comes out.  Young isn't in the same league as RG3;

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 01, 2013, 01:21:55 AM

I'm sorry, you just cant fix stoopid. Doesn't matter if the spread option is the rage this year, there's a reason hes not on a roster.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 01, 2013, 01:25:14 AM

I'll take Boyd if he comes out.  Young isn't in the same league as RG3;

No .....but I would take a look at him as a backup to Freeman, if the price was right.   If Free goes down early, I would rather have Vince in there,  than Orvalsky.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#4 : January 01, 2013, 12:24:07 PM

So what happens if Vince would make Free look bad in practice??? I think he would.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 01, 2013, 04:41:56 PM

So what happens if Vince would make Free look bad in practice??? I think he would.

That would be a good problem to have.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 01, 2013, 04:55:47 PM

Yeah, A QB that is behind Freeman in nearly every statistical category and has been a career backup is really going to challenge Freeman.

Look I know some of you guys really do not like Freeman but come on Vince Young??? :o

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 01, 2013, 05:00:29 PM

So all you have to do if you want to go from being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL to one of the best free agent quarterbacks is to not play football for 2 seasons.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 01, 2013, 05:03:31 PM

That Young isn't on a roster and that ARI didn't call him in is a mistake. That said, he's not better than Freeman and in fact he's a lot like Freeman.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 01, 2013, 05:11:34 PM

Vince Young is a quitter. He's not a good person. He has had multiple issues with multiple teams and the fact that he wasn't even on a roster this year with teams like Arizona, KC and Buffalo having major QB issues says a lot. Young has also thrown more INTs than TDs and has low completion percentage. If we are looking for competition, I would rather draft someone in rounds 3-6 and not bring in a head case.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#10 : January 01, 2013, 05:34:36 PM

Tebow's not a free agent, but he's likely available.   And he's the best.   Go after Tebow!!!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 01, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

Tebow's not a free agent, but he's likely available.   And he's the best.   Go after Tebow!!!!

The best what?   At self promotion?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 01, 2013, 09:05:06 PM

Creating a circus.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 01, 2013, 10:25:28 PM

Creating a circus.

Rex is very lucky to have survived that fiasco.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 02, 2013, 06:03:31 AM

Between Vince And Gosh, one would be vastly bemused watching a throwing contest between these two.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Best Free Agent QB on the market ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools