Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs MVP in 2012 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 01, 2013, 12:25:30 AM

Vote For BucsNation's Team MVP

By JC DeLaTorre on Dec 30, 8:57

Vote for me! - J. Meric

You decide which Buccaneer was worthy of the team's most valuable player award.

Unlike most sites and the fishwraps, we at BucsNation consider ourselves fans of this franchise. As a result, this site is as much about you as it about us.

So for the first time, BucsNation will allow you, the Buccaneers fan, to decide who are our award winners for 2012.

We start with the Team MVP award.

Here are your finalists:

Josh Freeman, QB - Set the single season franchise record for passing yards (4,065) and touchdown passes (27) while capturing the franchise record for career touchdown passes (78). Freeman was quarterback for the most prolific scoring team in franchise history (388 pts).

Doug Martin, RB - Set the rookie record for rushing yardage by a rookie (1454 yds), scored 11 rushing touchdowns and finished with 1,926 total yards - 2nd most in franchise history.

Vincent Jackson, WR - Caught 72 receptions for 1,384 yds (2nd most in franchise history) and 8 touchdowns.

Lavonte David, LB - David as rookie dominated, registering 139 tackles (112 solo), 2 sacks, 1 interception and 20 tackles for loss.

Gerald McCoy, DT - The Bucs' lone Pro Bowl player registered 30 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 9 tackles for loss.

Who should win BucNation's Team MVP?

8%                   Josh Freeman, QB (18 votes)

40%                  Doug Martin, RB (82 votes)

30%               Vincent Jackson, WR (61 votes)

13%               Lavonte David, LB (28 votes)

6%                 Gerald McCoy, DT (13 votes)

202 total votes

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 01, 2013, 01:34:55 AM

Tough question, IMO it would be between Vincent and Dougie.  Although Gerald was good too.  Lavonte too.

I voted Dougie.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 01, 2013, 02:14:20 AM

Offense: Dougernaught.

Defense: Lavonte: "King" David

:)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 01, 2013, 08:16:50 AM

VJ

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#4 : January 01, 2013, 08:45:29 AM

the Bucs took ass whippings whenever Doug Martin didn't light it up.   So he has to be MVP.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 01, 2013, 09:40:35 AM

Josh Freeman, QB - Set the single season franchise record for passing yards (4,065) and touchdown passes (27) while capturing the franchise record for career touchdown passes (78). Freeman was quarterback for the most prolific scoring team in franchise history (388 pts).

Yes , but he sucks , has no redeeming qualities , and should be given up on immediately . Tar and feather him and run him out of town !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 01, 2013, 09:43:51 AM

Feels great to have such a tough decisions.

In my mind, strongest cases could be made for VJ, Martin and David.

I'm going with Martin.

Now if only, a Tampa Bay player could get into the LEAGUE MVP discussion.

That would be awesome!!!

Turn the page.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 01, 2013, 10:04:15 AM

I voted for David, though it's close between him and GMC. If either of them are out, our run defense would have suffered horribly.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 01, 2013, 12:15:08 PM

Yes , but he sucks , has no redeeming qualities , and should be given up on immediately . Tar and feather him and run him out of town !

Why don't you tell us how you really feel Dolorous.

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#9 : January 01, 2013, 12:29:40 PM

I voted for Vincent Jackson.... But in all honesty I think Mike Williams should be on this list also. He was nine catches less then Vincent, and four yards short of having a thousand yard year, Also had one more touch down then Vincent.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 01, 2013, 12:34:47 PM

When the bar is set real low... it's doesn't mean that you boast about the accomplishment like it's monumental.  Pumping your chest about breaking Buccaneer passing records Is like your kid getting being the valedictorian of his 8th grade class and treating him as if he just graduated with honors from college.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 01, 2013, 12:37:30 PM

Vincent Jackson easily. He was the leader for the offense. He came in and showed some of these younger guys the ropes. Great addition to the team.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 01, 2013, 01:08:25 PM

VJax without a doubt. Take him out and Freeman's mediocre year looks bad and the whole offense chokes and dies.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 01, 2013, 01:09:23 PM

I voted for Vincent Jackson.... But in all honesty I think Mike Williams should be on this list also. He was nine catches less then Vincent, and four yards short of having a thousand yard year, Also had one more touch down then Vincent.

You are confusing Batman and Robin. The fact that Robin beats up a lot of criminals and wears a mask shouldn't confuse you about who the hero is.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#14 : January 01, 2013, 01:10:49 PM

I agree that without Vincent Jackson, Freeman would have been lost.   

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs MVP in 2012 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools