Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs MVP in 2012 ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 01, 2013, 02:02:54 PM

I voted for Vincent Jackson.... But in all honesty I think Mike Williams should be on this list also. He was nine catches less then Vincent, and four yards short of having a thousand yard year, Also had one more touch down then Vincent.

Mike had a good year but I think that VJ drew a lot of attention away from him.

This is a difficult decision. Has to be between Vjax and Doug Martin. Each helped the other to monster seasons.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 01, 2013, 02:58:57 PM

Josh Freeman, QB - Set the single season franchise record for passing yards (4,065) and touchdown passes (27) while capturing the franchise record for career touchdown passes (78). Freeman was quarterback for the most prolific scoring team in franchise history (388 pts).

Yes , but he sucks , has no redeeming qualities , and should be given up on immediately . Tar and feather him and run him out of town !

When the bar is set real low... it's doesn't mean that you boast about the accomplishment like it's monumental.  Pumping your chest about breaking Buccaneer passing records Is like your kid getting being the valedictorian of his 8th grade class and treating him as if he just graduated with honors from college.

4,000 yards and 27 TD's are pretty good numbers by any standard , as much as it may pain many of you to admit...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 01, 2013, 03:11:27 PM

McCoy. Its not even close.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 01, 2013, 03:24:08 PM

Free had 4000+ yards, but folded towards the season's end. Nice showing for a few weeks though.

Dougers had a ton of overall yards, which is very nice to see from a rookie. A couple of times this season he was held to average gains though.

And vjax is arguably the best wr the bucs have ever had. His season was filled with highlight catches and making the playing field even for Tampa's offense. Without him, there is no offensive juggernaught to even think about.

David and McCoy did a good job, but IMO are hardly MVP worthy. Especially considering what the offense was doing for a few weeks there. Their tackles and behind the line hits will eventually help the bucs out a great deal in future seasons.

If i have to pick one guy though, it would be vjax for MVP. Mw can't support the run well enough by himself, freeman doesn't have nearly as many options, and Doug would have the defense stacking the box to stop him if vj wasn't there. Without a productive vjax, this offense doesn't do much of anything.

Hayseed

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 01, 2013, 03:32:14 PM

While I agree that Vjax helped Josh enormously, he turned in the best year of his career because Josh got him the ball. Jackson's MO is to go up and get the ball and that's what he did. This whole "bailing him out" argument is skewed.

I honestly can't choose between Vjax and Dougie. Both are big reasons for the other's success. I'll have to give the slight nod Doug Martin. That kid is feared already, as a rookie. For him to not only solidify our running attack but turn it into a strength, as a rookie, is a little more impressive.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 01, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

Josh Freeman, QB - Set the single season franchise record for passing yards (4,065) and touchdown passes (27) while capturing the franchise record for career touchdown passes (78). Freeman was quarterback for the most prolific scoring team in franchise history (388 pts).

Yes , but he sucks , has no redeeming qualities , and should be given up on immediately . Tar and feather him and run him out of town !

When the bar is set real low... it's doesn't mean that you boast about the accomplishment like it's monumental.  Pumping your chest about breaking Buccaneer passing records Is like your kid getting being the valedictorian of his 8th grade class and treating him as if he just graduated with honors from college.

4,000 yards and 27 TD's are pretty good numbers by any standard , as much as it may pain many of you to admit...

Not really.  A third of the starting QB's this year reached 4,000 yards.  A couple more were right on the cusp.  It's not like he was one of only 2 or 3.   Also, a third of the league threw for at least 26 TD's... again, it's not like Freeman was one of only 2 or 3.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 01, 2013, 04:54:26 PM

Not really.  A third of the starting QB's this year reached 4,000 yards.  A couple more were right on the cusp.  It's not like he was one of only 2 or 3.   Also, a third of the league threw for at least 26 TD's... again, it's not like Freeman was one of only 2 or 3.

Top 3rd isn't good enough for a young QB , eh ? Unless he is top 2 or 3 you just want to throw the baby out with the bathwater and start over from scratch ? That's a recipe for failure if i ever heard it...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 01, 2013, 07:07:31 PM

Surprised Freeman got a vote.  If anything, he held back the offense.  Hope the hell he improves next season and becomes more consistant.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you think was the Bucs MVP in 2012 ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools