Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#360 : March 22, 2013, 09:27:58 AM

Totally agree on Quanterus Smith.  He is a high first round talent based on the alabama game alone...3 sacks, 2 on Fluker 1 on Kouandjio, not coverage sacks either.  This guy is the top pass rushing talent in the draft but can't play for a while.  I'd even spend our second fourth round on him.  If we trade for Revis and lose next year's 1st rounder this a kind of like recouping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY   -  Bama game

No. you dont base a pick off 1 game alone. i highly doubt hes the top passrusher in the draft either. i realize hes coming off a knee injury but so is tank carradine and hes still projected as a fringe first round player and hes tore his knee up at the end of november

the kid has talent but hes a late round pick

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#361 : March 22, 2013, 10:05:29 AM

Totally agree on Quanterus Smith.  He is a high first round talent based on the alabama game alone...3 sacks, 2 on Fluker 1 on Kouandjio, not coverage sacks either.  This guy is the top pass rushing talent in the draft but can't play for a while.  I'd even spend our second fourth round on him.  If we trade for Revis and lose next year's 1st rounder this a kind of like recouping it.

No. you dont base a pick off 1 game alone. i highly doubt hes the top passrusher in the draft either. i realize hes coming off a knee injury but so is tank carradine and hes still projected as a fringe first round player and hes tore his knee up at the end of november

Hence the 5th rd pick in my mock, he wont be there after that. Might not be the top pass rusher but when you lead the nation in sacks 7/8 of the way through the season before getting hurt you know he would have been a 1st rounder. He had other strong games, but everyone uses the Bama Oline as a base to pass judgement on pass rushers, and he owned what most consider an "nfl" ready Oline.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#362 : March 22, 2013, 10:28:45 AM

I agree wit Dex. College stats can be misleading and his number of sacks means very little when you watch his game footage. If NFL scouts felt his sack total was legit and that he would translate at the next level, he wouldn't be a late round prospect...injury or no injury.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#363 : March 22, 2013, 10:31:21 AM

On the other hand, I'm not one to blindly follow the internet "expert" scouts and I like to see people form their own opinions on guys....so if you really like him, then **CENSORED** what anyone else thinks!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#364 : March 22, 2013, 10:33:05 AM

On the other hand, I'm not one to blindly follow the internet "expert" scouts and I like to see people form their own opinions on guys....so if you really like him, then **CENSORED** what anyone else thinks!

This.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#365 : March 22, 2013, 10:49:27 AM

Hence the 5th rd pick in my mock, he wont be there after that. Might not be the top pass rusher but when you lead the nation in sacks 7/8 of the way through the season before getting hurt you know he would have been a 1st rounder. He had other strong games, but everyone uses the Bama Oline as a base to pass judgement on pass rushers, and he owned what most consider an "nfl" ready Oline.

i dont mind him as a 5th. im just using the point that you cant really call him the best passrusher in the country when literally nobody else does. theres got to be something else there that keeps him from being considered great. is it level of competition, size, intangibles, off field problems, medical? theres got to be something besides a knee injury that has him rated so low.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#366 : March 22, 2013, 02:02:38 PM

i dont mind him as a 5th. im just using the point that you cant really call him the best passrusher in the country when literally nobody else does. theres got to be something else there that keeps him from being considered great. is it level of competition, size, intangibles, off field problems, medical? theres got to be something besides a knee injury that has him rated so low.

Well, I for one don't think he the best pass rusher, but if healthy would be a late first rounder. I've watched watched as much tape as available and I like the guy allot. He was inconsistent, but you can rule out the level of compitition with that Bama game. I think this has more to do with his current irrelevance. Not finishing the season, no bowl game, no combine, no pro day....he has disappeared for the most part since the injury.

spurzo

Second String

#367 : March 22, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

Well, I for one don't think he the best pass rusher, but if healthy would be a late first rounder. I've watched watched as much tape as available and I like the guy allot. He was inconsistent, but you can rule out the level of compitition with that Bama game. I think this has more to do with his current irrelevance. Not finishing the season, no bowl game, no combine, no pro day....he has disappeared for the most part since the injury.

Might have been a little keen, calling him the top pass rusher, had a few drinks.  But purely off the video from the bama game you can see him burn pass fluker on the edge and dip under him for an impressive sack.  Then he rushes wide on Kouandjio only to counter inside through him and Chance Warmack for sack number two.  Finally he stacks Fluker while diagnosing the play and once he realizes it's a pass he sheds him and is on McCarron before he can get rid of the ball.  3 sacks off of 3 different moves and situations against future 1st round tackles.  It's as impressive a game as any pass rusher in this draft.  He's easily worth our late 4th or 5th round pick.  Watch it and decide for yourself   

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#368 : March 23, 2013, 08:18:43 AM

Was watching Mayock drool over this DJ Hayden kid, so I checked him out. Looks like we have another solid cornerback prospect in the draft. He's this 7th round prospect that finished the year injured, but all the sudden Mayock swears he is a 1st round pick. He has him as the 3rd best CB in the entire draft now. I think that might be a little over board, but the kid does look legit. Another mid round option for the Bucs in my opinion.

El Diablo

Starter

#369 : March 23, 2013, 09:31:10 AM

These mocks on NFL.com are interesting. I would be happy with any of the guys they have the bucs taking.

El Diablo

Starter

#370 : March 23, 2013, 09:31:49 AM

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-drafts

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#371 : March 23, 2013, 08:25:18 PM

Might have been a little keen, calling him the top pass rusher, had a few drinks.  But purely off the video from the bama game you can see him burn pass fluker on the edge and dip under him for an impressive sack.  Then he rushes wide on Kouandjio only to counter inside through him and Chance Warmack for sack number two.  Finally he stacks Fluker while diagnosing the play and once he realizes it's a pass he sheds him and is on McCarron before he can get rid of the ball.  3 sacks off of 3 different moves and situations against future 1st round tackles.  It's as impressive a game as any pass rusher in this draft.  He's easily worth our late 4th or 5th round pick.  Watch it and decide for yourself

I watched the Alabama game and I may have been the only person that wasn't really impressed. The first sack, although technically he did burn fluker, I remember thinking that was a fail by fluker more so than it was a good play by Smith. After watching it again I still feel that way. the second sack was good and was the best thing he did in the game. The third sack was not how you described, he was flat out lucky. He was being dominated by the guy blocking him (#71, not Fluker I believe) until Yeldon pushes a guy right into 71 which frees up Smith. Besides sack #2, which was really good, I thought he was getting dominated the whole game, especially by #71. This quote by Walter Football is also interesting, "Smith's sacks came in bunches this season. He has four games with sacks and eight games without any. Smith had five sacks against Florida International."   I like him as potential pass rush depth but personally think he's not even close to 1st round talent. 5th round would be very nice though.

beardtree

Practice Squad

#372 : March 24, 2013, 09:29:56 PM

hello new poster here just wanted to give my mock draft as well ty all great board great thread
rounds 1-7
1. trade no. 13 pick to patriots for no. 29 overall pick, and and a  3rd rd. pick- select CB Xavier Rhodes- Florida State
2. TE Gavin Escobar- San Diego State
3. OT Dallas Thomas- Tennessee
3.From Patriots- QB Matt Scott- Arizona
4. CB Tyrann Matthieu- LSU
4. from Patriots- RB Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina
5. NT Kwame Geathers- Georgia
6. OLB Michael Mauti- Penn State

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#373 : March 25, 2013, 01:48:10 PM

Bucs are on the clock in a live reader mock over at Walterfootball....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader.php

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#374 : March 25, 2013, 01:53:29 PM

D. Orlando Ledbetter ‏@AJCFalcons 40m #Falcons GM Thomas DIMITROFF told the AJC that the Osi Umenyiora negotiations are "fluid" and "ongoing." Will post to http://AJC.COM

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools