Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#375 : March 25, 2013, 01:55:09 PM

Bucs are on the clock in a live reader mock over at Walterfootball....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader.php

You can vote for your pick at #13.

(I voted for Tavon Austin.)  ;)   That would mean my best case scenario comes true. 

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

pewtergirl2010

Second String
#376 : March 25, 2013, 02:20:52 PM

Why isn't Jarvis Jones a choice? He is who I would choose.

pewtergirl2010

Second String
#377 : March 25, 2013, 02:25:56 PM

The bleecher report has a new mock up. They have us selecting Xavier Rhodes. The big WTF is they have Sharif Floyd falling out of the first round.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#378 : March 25, 2013, 03:12:36 PM

Bucs are on the clock in a live reader mock over at Walterfootball....

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013reader.php

You can vote for your pick at #13.

(I voted for Tavon Austin.)  ;)   That would mean my best case scenario comes true.
I voted Werner

spurzo

Second String

#379 : March 26, 2013, 06:03:40 AM

Totally agree on Quanterus Smith.  He is a high first round talent based on the alabama game alone...3 sacks, 2 on Fluker 1 on Kouandjio, not coverage sacks either.  This guy is the top pass rushing talent in the draft but can't play for a while.  I'd even spend our second fourth round on him.  If we trade for Revis and lose next year's 1st rounder this a kind of like recouping it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY   -  Bama game

No. you dont base a pick off 1 game alone. i highly doubt hes the top passrusher in the draft either. i realize hes coming off a knee injury but so is tank carradine and hes still projected as a fringe first round player and hes tore his knee up at the end of november

the kid has talent but hes a late round pick

Hence the 5th rd pick in my mock, he wont be there after that. Might not be the top pass rusher but when you lead the nation in sacks 7/8 of the way through the season before getting hurt you know he would have been a 1st rounder. He had other strong games, but everyone uses the Bama Oline as a base to pass judgement on pass rushers, and he owned what most consider an "nfl" ready Oline.

i dont mind him as a 5th. im just using the point that you cant really call him the best passrusher in the country when literally nobody else does. theres got to be something else there that keeps him from being considered great. is it level of competition, size, intangibles, off field problems, medical? theres got to be something besides a knee injury that has him rated so low.

Well, I for one don't think he the best pass rusher, but if healthy would be a late first rounder. I've watched watched as much tape as available and I like the guy allot. He was inconsistent, but you can rule out the level of compitition with that Bama game. I think this has more to do with his current irrelevance. Not finishing the season, no bowl game, no combine, no pro day....he has disappeared for the most part since the injury.

Might have been a little keen, calling him the top pass rusher, had a few drinks.  But purely off the video from the bama game you can see him burn pass fluker on the edge and dip under him for an impressive sack.  Then he rushes wide on Kouandjio only to counter inside through him and Chance Warmack for sack number two.  Finally he stacks Fluker while diagnosing the play and once he realizes it's a pass he sheds him and is on McCarron before he can get rid of the ball.  3 sacks off of 3 different moves and situations against future 1st round tackles.  It's as impressive a game as any pass rusher in this draft.  He's easily worth our late 4th or 5th round pick.  Watch it and decide for yourself

I watched the Alabama game and I may have been the only person that wasn't really impressed. The first sack, although technically he did burn fluker, I remember thinking that was a fail by fluker more so than it was a good play by Smith. After watching it again I still feel that way. the second sack was good and was the best thing he did in the game. The third sack was not how you described, he was flat out lucky. He was being dominated by the guy blocking him (#71, not Fluker I believe) until Yeldon pushes a guy right into 71 which frees up Smith. Besides sack #2, which was really good, I thought he was getting dominated the whole game, especially by #71. This quote by Walter Football is also interesting, "Smith's sacks came in bunches this season. He has four games with sacks and eight games without any. Smith had five sacks against Florida International."   I like him as potential pass rush depth but personally think he's not even close to 1st round talent. 5th round would be very nice though.

Wow you should watch Barkevious mingo try and play against Alabama if you want to see somebody get dominated.  Smith got 3 sacks against 2 first round tackles in that game... pretty damn good.  You can remain as unimpressed as you want.  I think he'll be a steal 

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#380 : March 26, 2013, 09:32:46 AM

Anyone watch Boise St. this year? Thoughts on DJ Harper? From the little I've seen he's a tough little runner sorta like Martin.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#381 : March 26, 2013, 10:21:49 AM

I liked Harper a lot, but he tore the same ACL twice and now I think he's probably not an NFL running back. Wouldn't hurt to bring him into camp though and kick the tires.

Draft Aaron Donald

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#382 : March 26, 2013, 10:55:53 AM

Thought something that might be fun to do is a universal Pewter Report User draft board where we all hash out a consensus draft board for our BPAs lol.

*Updated Mock Drafts for today, 03/26/13. We're up to 43 now. A lot of these were pre-Goldson, so they have us picking up a safety early. Obviously expect those to change.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#383 : March 26, 2013, 11:30:48 AM

Anyone watch Boise St. this year?

if you watched boise st, whats your thoughts on jamar taylor?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

big_JLB

Starter

#384 : March 26, 2013, 01:05:07 PM

should they keep all of their picks this would be a fantastic class, IMO

round 1: WR tavon austin (west virginia)
round 2: CB logan ryan (rutgers)
round 3: DT akeem spence (illinois)
round 4: TE travis kelce (cincinnati)
round 4: QB matt scott (arizona)
round 5: DE david bass (western missouri state)
round 6: CB josh johnson (purdue)
round 6: OT rick wagner (wisconsin)

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#385 : March 26, 2013, 02:49:26 PM

should they keep all of their picks this would be a fantastic class, IMO

round 1: WR tavon austin (west virginia)
round 2: CB logan ryan (rutgers)
round 3: DT akeem spence (illinois)
round 4: TE travis kelce (cincinnati)
round 4: QB matt scott (arizona)
round 5: DE david bass (western missouri state)
round 6: CB josh johnson (purdue)
round 6: OT rick wagner (wisconsin)

I like the round 6 Josh Johnson pick. I think round 2 there will be better corners than Logan Ryan.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#386 : March 26, 2013, 03:00:33 PM

Quote from: Pepsi
I think round 2 there will be better corners than Logan Ryan.
Not from Rutgers there isn't.

big_JLB

Starter

#387 : March 26, 2013, 05:54:02 PM

I like the round 6 Josh Johnson pick. I think round 2 there will be better corners than Logan Ryan.

i agree that there will be some good corners in the 2nd, and truthfully i hope banks is still there because he would be tremendous value in round 2. however, logan ryan was recruited to play schiano's defence at rutgers and did very well in that system where he's left on and island...which is the same reason i'm a big fan of josh johnson as a late round pick. he played in a similar system and is an excellent run-defender as well. plus the dude has some swagger

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#388 : March 27, 2013, 10:03:35 AM

Thought something that might be fun to do is a universal Pewter Report User draft board where we all hash out a consensus draft board for our BPAs lol.

*Updated Mock Drafts for today, 03/26/13. We're up to 43 now. A lot of these were pre-Goldson, so they have us picking up a safety early. Obviously expect those to change.

Thanks for putting up with my mocks, didn't realize we were keeping track. lol. I'll only change it one or two more times  :D

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#389 : March 27, 2013, 11:00:13 AM

Assuming the Revis deal does not happen...

1st - Xavier Rhodes - CB - FSU
2nd - Damontre Moore - DE/Beast - TAMU
2nd - Johnathan Jenkins - DT - UGA
3rd - Blidi Wreh-Wilson - CB - UCONN
4th - Kenny Stills - WR - OU
4th - J.C. Tretter - OG - Cornell
6th - Ryan Otten - TE - SJSt.
6th - Ricky Wagner - OT - Wisconsin

Fill the most obvious hole on the roster with a player who will also not be a reach at #13.
DeMonster Moore slips to us in the 2nd.
Johnathan Jenkins slips close to pick 50 and Dom trades the 5th to move up and grab him...has the potential to be a little more of a physical presence than Roy Miller, and I have to assume they let him go to attempt to upgrade this position fairly early in the draft.
3rd, they take the best corner left.
Kenny Stills could be a pretty good #3 option. He catches balls well in traffic, and showed that he had a bit more speed than initially thought.
J.C. Tretter is a big time sleeper pick, but I think they may look at attempting find a G that will eventually replace DJ.
Ryan Otten would provide services as the #3 TE and could end up being a late round surprise
Ricky Wagner has ties to Bostad...and TBH, that is pretty pretty much why I have us selecting him....other than the fact that we could use a bit more depth at OT.
: March 27, 2013, 11:43:05 AM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools