Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 59

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#480 : April 03, 2013, 09:32:46 PM

You know, when you post the same exact thing in five different threads....it's called spamming.

No Jdub - that's called being thorough. CBF60 keeps us on point in FA.

Spamming is anything JAVA/DANLOWE posts  (and that ethelinkdyzxzz guy) does.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#481 : April 04, 2013, 12:21:57 PM

Ryan Riddle ‏@Ryan_Riddle 3m I see elements of Charles Woodson in Johnthan Banks' game. Really like this kid.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#482 : April 04, 2013, 12:24:44 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Studying-the-draft-record-of-NFL-Teams.html

Bucs draft record - middle of the pack.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#483 : April 04, 2013, 01:10:11 PM

NFL Network on the Bucs Draft!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000156545/Draft-War-Room-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#484 : April 04, 2013, 01:24:39 PM

Don Banks at SI.com says...

13  Tavon Austin

WR  West Virginia
Sr.5-9174

The more conservative pick would be a defensive end (Bjoern Werner of Florida State) or the best available cornerback (Desmond Trufant of Washington), but I could see the Bucs talking themselves into Austin, the matchup nightmare who would give Tampa Bay something of its own version of what division rival New Orleans has in chains-mover Darren Sproles.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130403/nfl-mock-draft-4/#ixzz2PW4ioU7s

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#485 : April 04, 2013, 01:30:56 PM

Todd McShay must have some influence on these other draft gurus, everyone is picking Austin to us now.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#486 : April 04, 2013, 01:31:47 PM

Quote from: XFactor
Todd McShay must have some influence on these other draft gurus, everyone is picking Austin to us now.
FML.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#487 : April 04, 2013, 01:42:27 PM

NFP says we take Tyler Eifert

Walters says Austin.

CBS has 8 mocks from 8 guys. Three say Trufant, two say Rhodes, two say Ansah, and one says Werner

Draft Countdown says Star

NFL has 9 mocks from 9 guys. Three say Rhodes, one says Werner, one says Austin, one says Dion Jordon, one says Sheldon Richardson, one says star, and one says DJ Fluker?

In other words, nobody has any idea who we are going to pick.

Draft Aaron Donald

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#488 : April 04, 2013, 01:44:48 PM

Yep...  everything is a guess...   Fluker?   That would be a shocker.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#489 : April 04, 2013, 02:18:58 PM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-TOP-200-Version-100.html

Whoa NFP has a completely different ranking than EVERYONE out there...

Some craziness there  - go check it out.   

I think you'd be shocked at the Number One Ranked player...   I was.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#490 : April 04, 2013, 02:20:49 PM

They'd had Nassib as the #1 guy for months. Lots of shenanigans over there at NFP. Whole site is smoking crack if you ask me.

Draft Aaron Donald

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#491 : April 04, 2013, 02:26:42 PM

Sanders Comings?  CB 217  6' 2"...

http://nationalfootballpost.sportsdirectinc.com/football/ncaaf-players.aspx?page=/data/ncaaf/players/player36508.html

Never heard of the guy...   He's got the right size and sounds like he plays man well.

STRENGTHS - Commings possesses outstanding size for the position. He possesses the height, length and bulk of a safety but the athleticism and fluidity of a smaller NFL CB. He does an excellent job of staying over his feet in his pedal which allows him to flip his hips and change directions fluidly without losing ground in transition. In man coverage he displays a solid feel for his man's route and shows the awareness and acceleration to cut routes off at the break point and play the ball in the air. He plucks the ball away from his frame naturally and has the speed to score once he's made the interception. Against the run he is quick to attack and gain leverage on blockers, and breaks down in space with excellent base and leverage.

WEAKNESSES - Commings needs to be more consistently physical in man coverage, as he tends to give free releases off the LOS and allow his man to get in and out of his break uncontested. He doesn't display the same instincts in zone coverage that he does in man, as he tends to be a beat late recognizing and closing on assignments. While he is usually in position to make tackles against the run, he tends to leave his feet and miss arm tackles.

SUMMARY -Sanders Commings hasn't received as much hype as several of his defensive teammates at Georgia, but he is clearly a top level prospect in his own right. Few NFL CBs possess his combination of size, strength and athleticism, and he has the versatility to produce in a number of roles. Although he needs to be more physical jamming at the LOS, he is effective in man coverage because of his fluid hips, instincts, body control and ball skills. He displays the speed and lateral agility to stay with crossing routes out of the slot, and possesses the strength and base to be an effective player against the run. NFL scouts will certainly have questions about his January 2012 arrest for simple battery and domestic violence, but his high upside could convince a team to select him much higher than the media projects

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#492 : April 04, 2013, 02:43:12 PM

Sander Philipse ‏@Bucs_Nation 8m Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft: #Buccaneers get Star Lotulelei and Jamar Taylor
#Bucs

http://sbn.to/10C5wWQ

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#493 : April 04, 2013, 02:53:25 PM

Sander Philipse ‏@Bucs_Nation 8m Mel Kiper NFL Mock Draft: #Buccaneers get Star Lotulelei and Jamar Taylor
#Bucs

http://sbn.to/10C5wWQ

for once i dont hate mel kiper's picks. this works for me. would rather have a corner in the first but lotulelei wouldnt upset me in the least. he and mccoy could be deadly in the middle

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#494 : April 04, 2013, 02:56:37 PM

Quote from: dexmonkey
for once i dont hate mel kiper's picks. this works for me. would rather have a corner in the first but lotulelei wouldnt upset me in the least. he and mccoy could be deadly in the middle
I agree. I think the two of them pushing the pocket will put Gorrer and Rogers in the pro-bowl.

NFC will give up 900 yards passing of course.

Page: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools