Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 59

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #525 : April 06, 2013, 06:00:15 PM »

J Dub:  Lots of good things in your mock.  Well thought out.

In a few posts, I will bring up some points.

OT:  There was a time I was for replacing Dotson, (actually wanted Loadholt), but in checking deeper, I found the Bucs think that Datson improves with each game and expect him to be better in 2013 than last year.

Still there is not much behind Penn and Dotson.

I would be satisfied with a lesser known name that may require some development time like Armstead, but I feel there must be some place in the Bucs draft for an OT who can pass protect.

Like your dog.
« : April 06, 2013, 06:28:12 PM ISLAND BUCS »

Naismith

Hall of Famer
« #526 : April 06, 2013, 06:51:30 PM »

1 - Star Lotulelei
2 - Jabar Taylor

I suspect that the Bucs trade back up into the second and take Johnthan Banks. Assuming they don't:

3. Logan Ryan (I went back and forth between him and Mathieu)
4. Tyler Bray
4. Chris Faulk
5. Mike Catapano
6. Garrett Gilkey
6. Greg Reid

As always, I must add the condition that I know nothing about the draft.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
« #527 : April 07, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »

1 - Star Lotulelei
2 - Jabar Taylor

I suspect that the Bucs trade back up into the second and take Johnthan Banks. Assuming they don't:

3. Logan Ryan (I went back and forth between him and Mathieu)
4. Tyler Bray
4. Chris Faulk
5. Mike Catapano
6. Garrett Gilkey
6. Greg Reid

As always, I must add the condition that I know nothing about the draft.

Star, Taylor, and Ryan would be a great 3 picks if we dont get Revis.

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #528 : April 08, 2013, 12:38:52 AM »

Michael Decker posts his latest Mock Draft.  For the Bucs its

1.  Sheldon Richardson  DT Missouri

2. Vance Mc Donald  TE  Rice

3. D.J.  Hayden  CB  Houston

I simply love this draft.  I am very sold on all 3 players.  The Bucs defensive rush would be improved by Richardson.  The TE position would become a real threat with Mc Donald.  And Hayden, completely recovered from his vein injury, would be a great plus in the secondary.

To these players is my hope to add an OT, maybe Armstead in the 4th or thereabouts. (trade up to late 3rd) 

The Bucs would start drawing attention as a team to be reckoned with..

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #529 : April 08, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »

One could get these write ups from many sources.  I would not say Walter is the best, but it was what I chose:

Richardson:  Richardson had a superb junior season including a great game against Alabama. He had 14 tackles and a sack coming from defensive end against right tackle D.J. Fluker. Richardson flashes the speed to fire the gap and make plays behind the line. He has non-stop drive and makes a lot of tackles in pursuit. Richardson demonstrated one of the best motors of any player in college football. He is truly relentless.

Richardson returned a fumble 60 yards against Kentucky. He couldn't make plays going against guard Larry Warford, but made an impact when taking on other blockers. Richardson was a speedy disruptive force at the point of attack.

The redshirt junior totaled 75 tackles in 2012; a staggering number for a defensive tackle. He also had 10.5 tackles for a loss, four sacks, three passes batted and three forced fumbles.

McDonald:   
McDonald showed at the Combine that he is a physical specimen and a rare athlete. He had one of the faster 40 times and led all of the tight ends on the bench press (31 reps). McDonald had a good showing at the Senior Bowl, too. He used his quickness and route-running to get open and make plays downfield. McDonald is a unique athlete who could go earlier than expected on draft day.

McDonald caught 36 passes for 458 yards and two touchdowns in 2012. His best season came as a junior when he hauled in 43 receptions for 532 yards and five scores. He made 28 catches for 396 yards and eight touchdowns in 2011. McDonald is a good receiver who needs to work on his blocking ability.

Walter didn't have a write up on Hayden (probably the injury)  The following on Hayden is from CBS:

Despite only playing nine games, Hayden was named a First Team All-Conference USA pick and was highly regarded among scouts. If given a clean bill of health, the 6-0, 190-pound Hayden could earn second-round consideration. Should team doctors red-flag the injury, however, he could be taken off some teams' boards altogether. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/13/2012 - 2012 ALL-CONFERENCE USA FIRST TEAM (COACHES): DB-D.J. Hayden, Sr., Houston, has been selected First Team All-Conference USA (Coaches selection) for the 2012 college football season. Hayden was second in the league with four interceptions despite only playing nine games after suffering a life-threatening tear of the inferior vena cava in the heart from a collision in practice. The defensive captain returned two of his interceptions for touchdowns, both returns over 75 yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prior to his injury, just 45 of 362 pass attempts (12.4%) from UH opponents went Hayden's way. Of the 45, just 11 were completed, representing just 5% of the 216 completions from UH opponents with Hayden in the lineup. The senior also had eight pass breakups, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery. - Houston football
« : April 08, 2013, 01:10:36 AM ISLAND BUCS »

ISLAND BUCS

Starter

« #530 : April 08, 2013, 01:20:18 AM »

J Dub: Perhaps you are right.  Miller did a pretty good job holding the line and the Bucs were not satisfied.  Perhaps they wanted even more solid holding the line or perhaps they wanted more pass rush. 

I can only speculate.  We will know for sure soon.  There are bigger DT in the draft who are better at holding the line but not as good as pass rushers.  Still if a DT can get into the backfield, you don't worry about holding the line because he can wreak havoc.

Didn't quite understand giving up on Miller, and come draft day we will know Dom and Schiano's thinking regarding DT

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #531 : April 08, 2013, 07:38:34 AM »

According to Scott Reynolds ,  the bucs would draft a DT early more as insurance against another McCoy injury than to waste premium talent at the Tilt Nose position ( although that player still might play some nose in the meantime ). Right now we have no other tackles on the roster that can be effective Undertackles if McCoy goes down.

If that's the case , Richardson makes perfect sense - more sense than what you guys are suggesting anyways....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #532 : April 08, 2013, 07:44:41 AM »

So spending a top 15 pick on a dominant nose tackle is stupid, but spending that same pick on a back up under tackle that sucks at nose tackle makes sense? Hmmm....sure.

Floyd would makes sense because while he looks to be a great gap shooting 3 tech, he also does well at nose and could step in and start at nose while adding depth if McCoy was hurt. That's about it though. If Floyd is gone, then we need to just wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to take a DT.
« : April 08, 2013, 07:47:09 AM JDouble »

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #533 : April 08, 2013, 08:00:52 AM »

So spending a top 15 pick on a dominant nose tackle is stupid, but spending that same pick on a back up under tackle that sucks at nose tackle makes sense? Hmmm....sure.

Because a dominant Tilt Nose does not exist....it's not a position that puts a player in a position to dominant and make splash plays. It's puts you in position to get smacked in the face with double teams all day.  If you do happen to find that rare once in a generation freak of nature who is so good that he still dominants while playing our nose , then guess what ?  They are going to move him to Undertackle so that he can be freed up to dominate even more . Get a clue.

What Scott said makes sense . If we draft another DT it will be to serve as UT depth . THis defense can't go without a good UT . He would see lot's of playing time at nose in the meantime( especially on passing downs ) , but make no mistake , he will be here as McCoy's backup.
« : April 08, 2013, 08:03:17 AM Fire Mark Dummynik »

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #534 : April 08, 2013, 08:04:06 AM »

Because a dominant Tilt Nose does not exist....it's not a position that puts a player in a position to dominant and make splash plays. It's puts you in position to get smacked in the face with double teams all day.  If you do happen to find that rare once in a generation freak of nature who is so good that he still dominants while playing our nose , the guess what ?  They are going to move him to Undertackle so that he can be freed up to dominate even more , you idiot.

What Scott said makes sense . If we draft another DT it will be to serve as UT depth . THis defense can't go without a good UT . He would see lot's of playing time at nose in the meantime( especially on passing downs ) , but make no mistake , he will be here as McCoy's backup.

Can you have a simple debate or disagreement without immediately resorting to disrespect and name calling? Your internet tough guy routine is old. Grow up. Back to ignore you go.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #535 : April 08, 2013, 08:17:53 AM »

LOL , the name call was edited out before you even replied with this crybaby pathetic response.   Oh and by the way , your surrender is noted.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #536 : April 08, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m Talked to 5 scouts on UGA's Jarvis Jones. All said similar things: We knew he'd work out poorly. But he's a football player. Think mid-1st

I would not be opposed to this guy at all.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #537 : April 08, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »

Quote from: blind melon
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 33m Talked to 5 scouts on UGA's Jarvis Jones. All said similar things: We knew he'd work out poorly. But he's a football player. Think mid-1st

I would not be opposed to this guy at all.

I can't believe I've been seeing reports that he'd drop into the 2nd or hell, even late first.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #538 : April 08, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »

NFL345 ‏@NFL345 1m 2013 NFL Draft Attendees Announced on @nflnetwork Wednesday, April 10 at 6:00 PM ET: http://on.nfl.com/12zIk27

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #539 : April 08, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »

I assume this is based on talent and potential.    I can't say I disagree with much of it.

Justin Palowski

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/04/08/the-commish-ranks-his-top-32-players-in-this-years-nfl-draft/

1. Sharrif Floyd – DT – Florida
Commish’s Comments: Floyd is a disruptor with good quickness off the ball.

2. Star Lotulelei – DT – Utah
Commish’s Comments: Cleared medically, Lotulelei can be a physical force in the middle of a defensive line.

3. Chance Warmack – OG – Alabama
Commish’s Comments: Warmack’s game is power and blowing defenders off the line of scrimmage.

4. Luke Joeckel – OT – Texas A
Commish’s Comments: Joeckel is an athletic offensive tackle who played top competition in the SEC.

5. Eric Fisher – OT – Central Michigan
Commish’s Comments: Fisher is equally good in run blocking and pass protection. Potential franchise left tackle.

6. Sheldon Richardson – DT – Missouri
Commish’s Comments: Richardson continues to rise with his quickness off the ball and penetration into offensive backfields.

7. Cornellius Carradine – DE – Florida St.
Commish’s Comments: Despite a torn ACL Carradine might be as talented a pass rusher as anyone in this draft.  Carradine will hold a personal pro day the week before the draft, and if that goes well, could see himself shoot up the draft.

8. Ziggy Ansah – DE – BYU
Commish’s Comments: Ansah is a raw with tons of potential.

9. Dee Milliner – CB – Alabama
Commish’s Comments: Milliner is as solid a corner in this draft.  He has speed, size, and can be physical.

10. Tavon Austin – WR – West Virginia
Commish’s Comments: In this era of the NFL, Austin could be a tremendous weapon for an offense that uses him the right way.

11. Alec Ogletree – LB – Georgia
Commish’s Comments: Ogletree is as talented as any linebacker in this draft, but character concerns will drop him.

12. Dion Jordan – DE/OLB – Oregon
Commish’s Comments: Jordan’s athleticism in space is very impressive.  There are some questions about his consistency when rushing the passer since he dropped into coverage so much at Oregon.

13. Jonathan Cooper – OG – North Carolina
Commish’s Comments: Cooper is an athletic guard that can pull and be a weapon in the screen game, but don’t let the athletic part fool you, he’s also very aggressive and very physical.

14. Lane Johnson – OT – Oklahoma
Commish’s Comments: Johnson has as much potential as any player in this draft.  A converted quarterback, Johnson needs to get stronger and more physical, but the athleticism is there.

15. Jarvis Jones – OLB – Georgia
Commish’s Comments: Jones won’t blow you away with measurables, but his film is as impressive as anyone’s in this draft.

16. Kenny Vaccaro – S – Texas
Commish’s Comments: Vaccaro is a ball-hawking safety that’s not afraid to come down and lay a big hit.

17. DJ Fluker – OT – Alabama
Commish’s Comments: Fluker’s lack of athleticism should limit him to right tackle, but he is a mauler who could excel in the run game.

18. Barkevious Mingo – OLB - LSU
Commish’s Comments:  Mingo’s an athletic and quick pass rusher, but lacks consistency.

19. Jonathan Cyprien - S – FIU
Commish’s Comments: Cyprien can make all kinds of plays in the pass game, but will also come up and lay a big hit in run support.

20. Tyler Eifert – TE – Notre Dame
Commish’s Comments: Eifert is an all-around tight end with good speed and hands, but also good technique in run blocking.

21. Sylvester Williams – DT – North Carolina
Commish’s Comments: Overlooked because of some of the other defensive tackles in this draft, Williams has a good combination of power and quickness to be effective in the NFL.  He loves his swim move.

22. Xavier Rhodes – CB – Florida St.
Commish’s Comments: Rhodes is a big corner with the size and speed to match up with most receivers in the NFL.  There are some concerns about movement in his hips and keeping up with quicker receivers.

23. Bjoern Werner – DE – Florida St.
Commish’s Comments:  Werner is an effort player who does not possess elite measurables, but gets the job done.

24. DJ Hayden – CB – Houston
Commish’s Comments: Incredible story of a player that came back from a torn vein from his heart after a collision in practice in November to run a 4.33 40-yard dash at his pro day just a few weeks back. Hayden might be as talented as any corner in this draft, but when will a team be willing to take a chance on him.

25. Zack Ertz – TE – Stanford
Commish’s Comments:  Ertz is a very good threat in the pass game and an effort blocker.

26. Margus Hunt – DE – SMU
Commish’s Comments: Every measurable you’d want in a player, Hunt has.  Unfortunately, he is a very raw player who was very inconsistent on film.

27. Matt Elam – S – Florida
Commish’s Comments: Elam is a big time hitter from the safety position.

28. Desmond Trufant – CB – Washington
Commish’s Comments: Gotta love the bloodlines from Trufant.  I think Trufant could be a very solid corner at the next level.

29. Datone Jones – DE – UCLA
Commish’s Comments: Jones is a versatile player who fits at end in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense.

30. Menelik Watson – OT – Florida St.
Commish’s Comments: Watson is another raw player who might need a little time to develop.  Watson does have very good size and good potential to play either right or left tackle.

31. Le’Veon Bell – RB – Michigan St.
Commish’s Comments: I Bell as the top back in this draft because of his vision, deceptive speed, power, and receiving ability.

32. Cordarrelle Patterson – WR – Tennessee
Commish’s Comments: Patterson is dangerous with the ball in his hands.  He is a raw receiver with just one year of starting experience

Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools