Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#735 : April 24, 2013, 07:18:33 AM

He's not going to be there in the 5th , so why even waste time with that pointless caveat ? I like a LOT of players 2 rounds after they are actually projected to go. I like Jarvis Jones in the 4th round....good luck with that. lol

my point is that Matt Scott is a garbage pick for us in the 3rd and that im only ok if we took him in the 5th. im not debating whether hes going to be there or not

It's a stupid point . Like someone saying , " I'm ok with Tavon Austin if we pick him in the 3rd round " . Just say , "i don't want him" ...and be done with it , we all have our opinions and that's fine.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#736 : April 24, 2013, 07:39:00 AM

Matt Scott was beat out by Nick Foles. He only played one season and was very average verse weak competition. He's a late round flyer type guy. Anything before the 5th would be pretty awful imo.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#737 : April 24, 2013, 07:43:04 AM

Ryan Griffin, probably the most untalked about guy in the average fan base. But he is someone to watch, it was him, not Geno Smith, Matt Barkley or EJ Manuel, that received the most private workouts with NFL teams.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#738 : April 24, 2013, 07:48:09 AM

Tom Brady was the backup to a bum at michigan. Who cares.  He was also not just average last year , he was very good. Look at the stats. These are not  valid points. Real scouts,  unlike you jdouble who only pretends to be one on the internet,  say he is a better prospect than Nick Foles. If you need the link let me know and Ill send it when Im off wap2.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#739 : April 24, 2013, 07:50:39 AM

Ryan Griffin, Zac Dysert, Collin Klein,  Jordon Rodgers....they are all late round guys, just like Matt Scott. I'm not saying they couldn't end up being good, but I just don't see them going before the 4th or 5th round at the earliest.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#740 : April 24, 2013, 07:52:34 AM

Tom Brady was the backup to a bum at michigan. Who cares. He was also not just average last year , he was very good. Look at the stats. These are not  valid points. Real scouts,  unlike you jdouble who only pretends to be one on the internet,  say he is a better prospect than Nick Foles. If you need the link let me know and Ill send it when Im off wap2.

27 Tds and 14 Ints verse garbage competition is very good?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#741 : April 24, 2013, 08:10:19 AM

27 tds vs 14 ints in a major d.1 conference as a 1st year starter is very good,  yes. I've done my homework on this kid and he has converted me into a fan. He's someone I would love to have holding the clipboard for us a couple years and grooming. After that,  who knows,  he has major upside.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#742 : April 24, 2013, 08:13:07 AM

He's not going to be there in the 5th , so why even waste time with that pointless caveat ? I like a LOT of players 2 rounds after they are actually projected to go. I like Jarvis Jones in the 4th round....good luck with that. lol

my point is that Matt Scott is a garbage pick for us in the 3rd and that im only ok if we took him in the 5th. im not debating whether hes going to be there or not

It's a stupid point . Like someone saying , " I'm ok with Tavon Austin if we pick him in the 3rd round " . Just say , "i don't want him" ...and be done with it , we all have our opinions and that's fine.

theres nothing stupid about my point. Matt Scott is a terrible pick for this team and does not help us. we will spend the whole season praying he doesnt have to play and thats a waste of a pick. id rather spend that pick on a DT or DE or a corner who will actually see the field and get real PT

Scott played in a spread offense so of course his numbers will be good. that doesnt mean its going to translate to the NFL. id prefer to see multiple years of production if hes going to come from a spread before i spend more than a 5th on a guy like him. colt brennan played in the spread and set all kinds of statistical records but it doesnt mean hes an NFL player. Scott doesnt look to have the skillset needed to run our offense and hes not a good pick for us. Nick Foles is better suited to the Bucs current offense since we like to go vertical and throw deep more than the intermediate and quick passing game.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#743 : April 24, 2013, 08:20:52 AM

Scott has a cannon. He can play in this ofense. Id pray a lot less if Scott came in the game than Orlovsky. At least Scott can run for his life.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#744 : April 24, 2013, 08:22:46 AM

I doubt you get Scott now, he going to be overdrafted based on potential. Probably round 3.

I would love to get Ryan Griffin in round 5 or 6.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#745 : April 24, 2013, 08:24:50 AM

27 tds vs 14 ints in a major d.1 conference as a 1st year starter is very good,  yes. I've done my homework on this kid and he has converted me into a fan. He's someone I would love to have holding the clipboard for us a couple years and grooming. After that,  who knows,  he has major upside.

That's fair. I'm all for fans doing homework and not just going with the internet experts. If you really like him that much, then stick to your guns....but when you start talking about taking him in the 2nd or 3rd round, you have to expect some backlash. I mean Stedman Bailey is universally ranked as a much better prospect than Matt Scott, but look at the amount of sh!t you give me for suggesting we take him in the 2nd or 3rd. Just cause you have a vision for the guy, doesn't mean everyone else shares that vision.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#746 : April 24, 2013, 08:33:11 AM

That's fine,  jdouble. I understand this is not a pick eveyone would love. I dish it out to anyone who had us taking a noseguard round one,  or as you said to you with Stedman Bailey,  so I had better take it when it comes back my way. Lol

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#747 : April 24, 2013, 08:48:23 AM

Scott has a cannon. He can play in this ofense. Id pray a lot less if Scott came in the game than Orlovsky. At least Scott can run for his life.

well yeah id rather have him in there than orlovsky but thats not sayin much

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#748 : April 24, 2013, 01:06:07 PM

You have to be an ESPN Insider to read it but here it is

2. (43) DT Kawann Short-Purdue
3. (73) DE Alex Okafor-Texas
4. (112) TE Jordan Reed-Florida
4. (126) QB Zac Dysert-Miami OH
5. (147) WR Chris Harper-Kansas State
6. (181) WR Denard Robinson-Michigan
6. (196) OLB Gerald Hodges-Penn State

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9202096/2013-nfl-draft-scouts-inc-complete-seven-round-mock-draft

gotheem11

Rookie

#749 : April 24, 2013, 01:22:07 PM

You have to be an ESPN Insider to read it but here it is

2. (43) DT Kawann Short-Purdue
3. (73) DE Alex Okafor-Texas
4. (112) TE Jordan Reed-Florida
4. (126) QB Zac Dysert-Miami OH
5. (147) WR Chris Harper-Kansas State
6. (181) WR Denard Robinson-Michigan
6. (196) OLB Gerald Hodges-Penn State

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9202096/2013-nfl-draft-scouts-inc-complete-seven-round-mock-draft
I like most of those especially hodges and Robinson , but I hate reed and Harper I say take out reed and dysert and use a fourth and a 5th or our other 4th to trade up into the 3rd again to get okafor and use our original 3rd on a cb Ryan or Poyer
Page: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools