Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 59

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#90 : January 25, 2013, 09:55:51 PM

Post Senior Bowl Practices Mock:
Resign Bennett, Miller, and Barber (I'm going to assume he comes back for this mock). Tender Blount.
F.A. Sean Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Leodis McKelvin

Rd 1 trade back to #24 and pick up Indy's 3rd round.  They take Chance Warmack to help protect Luck and improve their anemic run game.
Round 1 - Logan Ryan CB - I may be way off on this, but I still think that Ryan will jump into the first round mix before it's all said and done.  So if Schiano wants him, he'll have to pull the trigger.
2. Stedman Bailey WR - I still think Dominik wants to add weapons around Freeman.  This will give him a new slot WR.
3a. DJ Swearinger FS - Barber's heir apparent.  Ahmad Black has played respectably, but I just don't see him taking over to start.
3b. Travis Kelce TE - A big, well rounded TE who can gain some extra yards after contact and gives Free another big red zone target.
4a. Jordan Mills OT - He outplayed bigger names this week.  He can compete to start at RT early, and at the very least add some valuable O-line depth
4b. Brian Schewnke C/OG - He may have played himself into the 2nd day this week, but as of now I'm hoping he's still here. Depth and eventual starter once they realize he outplays Davin's contract.
5. Steve Beauharnais ILB - Another Rutgers player to add LB depth and special teams play.
6. Quanterus Smith DE - Strong pass rusher, had a late season ACL injury.  Had a good showing against Alabama.
7. Luke Marquardt OT - Small school project for Bostad.  Big and athletic enough to take a flyer on and hope he can eventually take over for Penn.  If not, it's just a 7th.

I know this doesn't include QB competition, but it does cover most of our needs and upgrade some important areas.  With the crapiness of this year's QB free agent and draft classes, we should just wait until next year to go after Freeman's replacement (if he doesn't prove himself worthy of a new contract).
: January 26, 2013, 12:09:05 AM chattertonm3

CanadianBuc

Starter
#91 : January 26, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

a trade from 13 to 24 can get us at least a flat out second round pick or a 3rd and 5th. But what I think they do is that they trade down in the first round and then trade up into the 1st Round once and into the second round twice. The Draft would look a little like this.

1.Johnthan Banks, CB - Mississippi State (TRADE DOWN for 3rd and 7th Round Pick)
1.Sylvester Williams, DT - North Carolina (TRADE UP for our 2nd+4th)
2.Zac Ertz, TE - Stanford (TRADE UP for our 3rd+6th+7th Round Pick)
2.Logan Ryan, CB - Rutgers (TRADE UP for our 3rd+4th Round Pick)
5.Brian Winters, OT - Kent State
7.Tarvarres King, WR - Georgia

Another Scenario with a little less trading which would also be a top tier draft class would be:
1.Sheldon Richardson, DT - Missouri
1.Xavier Rhodes, CB - Florida State (TRADE UP for our 2nd+4th Round Pick)
2.Desmond Trufant, CB - Washington (Trade UP for our 3rd+5th+7th Round Pick)
4.Jordan Reed, TE - Florida
6.Devin Taylor, DE - South Carolina

These would both be pretty impressive draft classes for the second straight year and with a decent FA period it can launch us to the Super Bowl

big_JLB

Starter

#92 : January 26, 2013, 12:12:20 PM

after reading SR's fab-5 i'm thinking they'll stay put at 13 and take an OT and then double up on corners by trading back up into the 2nd like dom did last year

tampa trades 3rd(74) and 4th(110) and 7th(210) round picks to cincinnati for their second of two 2nd round picks (57) and their 6th(179)

round 1: d.j. fluker - OT - alabama
round 2: desmond trufant - CB - washington
round 2: will davis - CB - utah state
round 4: gavin escobar - TE - san diego state
round 5: devin taylor - DE - south carolina
round 6: josh boyce - WR - TCU
round 6: zac stacy - RB - vanderbilt

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#93 : January 26, 2013, 12:34:45 PM

Post Senior Bowl Practices Mock:
Resign Bennett, Miller, and Barber (I'm going to assume he comes back for this mock). Tender Blount.
F.A. Sean Smith, Glenn Dorsey, Leodis McKelvin

Rd 1 trade back to #24 and pick up Indy's 3rd round.  They take Chance Warmack to help protect Luck and improve their anemic run game.
Round 1 - Logan Ryan CB - I may be way off on this, but I still think that Ryan will jump into the first round mix before it's all said and done.  So if Schiano wants him, he'll have to pull the trigger.
2. Stedman Bailey WR - I still think Dominik wants to add weapons around Freeman.  This will give him a new slot WR.
3a. DJ Swearinger FS - Barber's heir apparent.  Ahmad Black has played respectably, but I just don't see him taking over to start.
3b. Travis Kelce TE - A big, well rounded TE who can gain some extra yards after contact and gives Free another big red zone target.
4a. Jordan Mills OT - He outplayed bigger names this week.  He can compete to start at RT early, and at the very least add some valuable O-line depth
4b. Brian Schewnke C/OG - He may have played himself into the 2nd day this week, but as of now I'm hoping he's still here. Depth and eventual starter once they realize he outplays Davin's contract.
5. Steve Beauharnais ILB - Another Rutgers player to add LB depth and special teams play.
6. Quanterus Smith DE - Strong pass rusher, had a late season ACL injury.  Had a good showing against Alabama.
7. Luke Marquardt OT - Small school project for Bostad.  Big and athletic enough to take a flyer on and hope he can eventually take over for Penn.  If not, it's just a 7th.

I know this doesn't include QB competition, but it does cover most of our needs and upgrade some important areas.  With the crapiness of this year's QB free agent and draft classes, we should just wait until next year to go after Freeman's replacement (if he doesn't prove himself worthy of a new contract).

Since the team is wheeling an dealing like a drunken used car salesman to a blind man using the above as the picks...And knowing Dominik doesn't draft offensive linemen, and if he drafts one it will mostly likely only be one. This is how I would draft...

1. DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU
2. CB Logan Ryan Rutgers
3. WR Stedman Bailey West Virginia
3. DT Kawann Short Prudue
4. CB Leon McFadden San Diego State
4. TE Gavin Escobar San Diego State
5. QB Zac Dysert Miami of Ohio
6. OLB Keith Pough Howard
7. T Garrett Gilkey Chadron State

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#94 : January 26, 2013, 01:14:39 PM

Trades shouldn't be allowed in mocks. It's quickly turns the pointless but fun forecasting, into the extremely ridiculous fantasy land scenarios.

CanadianBuc

Starter
#95 : January 26, 2013, 02:26:03 PM

Trades shouldn't be allowed in mocks. It's quickly turns the pointless but fun forecasting, into the extremely ridiculous fantasy land scenarios.

That would be true if we were any other team but last year traded our first three picks and us getting a second fourth this year pretty much guarantees that we will be trading up or trading down again this year.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#96 : January 26, 2013, 05:33:17 PM

One year of savy moves = crazy trades every year?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#97 : January 26, 2013, 06:47:24 PM

Jdouble sounds bitter that people are coming up with better mocks than he is. LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#98 : January 26, 2013, 07:08:34 PM

Jdouble sounds bitter that people are coming up with better mocks than he is. LOL

You're sounding a little butthurt that JD pwned you on Martin.

Buck N Up

Starter

#99 : January 26, 2013, 07:11:18 PM

1. Ziggy Ansah DE
2. Xavier Rhodes CB
3. Leon McFadden CB
4a. Oday Aboushi OT
4b. Marquise Goodwin WR
5. Philip Thomas S
6. Michael Williams TE
7. Michael Clay OLB
: January 26, 2013, 09:35:27 PM Buck N Up

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#100 : January 26, 2013, 07:43:15 PM

You're sounding a little butthurt that JD pwned you on Martin.

Not at all ....I've already said I was happy for Jdub that he was finally right about something for the 1st time in his life.

I think it even shocked him since he was going around claiming Legarrette Blount was a feature back and would be splitting carries with Martin this season .

BTW: 1st you were making creepy comments about football players giving you a "woody" , and now you are talking about "butthurt" . Is there something you need to tell us , princess ?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#101 : January 26, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

BTW: 1st you were making creepy comments about football players giving you a "woody" , and now you are talking about "butthurt" . Is there something you need to tell us , princess ?

You've been riding first class on my Butt Hurt Express for months now.  You know just how I like it, Sweetie.

STRICK-9

Starter

#102 : January 26, 2013, 08:12:42 PM

Post Senior Bowl/Pre Combine Mock:

Going into 2013 there are several areas of improvement that needs to addressed: 

Center:  Zuttah is serviceable as C/G but in my opinion is the root cause for collapses in pass pro.
ROT:  I like Dotson as a swing tackle but an upgrade is desparately needed on the edge.
TE:  I like the combo of Clarke/Stocker; however, neither serves our true need.  The addition of a great TE would mitigate our need for a great slot receiver.

DE:  Speed, speed and more speed...
DT:  A big penetrating body that can rush and play run defense is required
MLB/SLB:  Either replace Foster in the middle or add Black's replacement.
CB:  An entire revamping is necessary....to include nickel
FS:  A sideline to sideline ball hawk....

Free Agency:  If we truly wanna upgrade, two additions at a minimum are necessary.  I would like to see us target Sean Smith and Glenn Dorsey.

Draft:

Trade our 1st to St Louis for Picks 22 and 78...

Rd 1, Pick 22:    Tyler Eifert, TE/ND (Zach Ertz is alternate selection)
Rd 2, Pick 43:    Jonathan Banks, CB/Miss State (Press Coverage and run on DT's allows him to drop)
Rd 2, Pick ?:      David Amerson, CB/FS NC State  (Pick acquired packaging Pick 78 & Rd 4 Pick 123 from NE)
Rd 3, Pick 73:    Will Davis, CB/Utah State (alternate selection of McFadden, CB/SDST)
Rd 4, Pick 109:  Marcus Lattimore, RB/South Carolina 
Rd 5, Pick 140:  Terron Armstead, ROT/Arkansas Pine-Bluff (better than Wagner and Pugh)
Rd 6, Pick 173:  Ace Sanders, WR/South Carolina (fill slot need and return duties)
Rd 7:                  No selection, Traded to NE in Talib deal.....

This is a pre-Sr Bowl / Combine Mock....requiring us to move our both of our 4th and 5th Round selctions....moving us up back into the 2nd and 3rd Rounds

This mock is intended to upgrade both sides of the ball and key positional needs other than RB, which this selection sets the tone for 2014.....

Rd 1:  Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri (An NT that can penetrate)
Rd 2:  Will Davis, CB Utah (Size, speed and toughness to support run def)
TRADE UP:  Rd 2:  David Amerson, CB NC State (can play CB or move to FS)
Rd 3:  Travis Swanson, C  Arkansas (strong and intellgient, great punch and feet)
TRADE UP:  Rd 3:  Ricky Wagner, RT Wisconsin or Kyle Long, RT Oregon (Wagner may go earlier) 
Rd 6:  Marcus Lattimore, RB South Carolina (placed on injured reserve for one year)
Rd 7:  Ace Sanders, WR/KR/PR South Carolina (can play slot and handle both return duties)

I don\'t believe in the Electric Chair...I believe in Electric Bleachers!

big_JLB

Starter

#103 : January 26, 2013, 08:24:16 PM

trade: cincinnati's 2nd (57) and 6th (179) for tampa's 3rd (74), 4th (110), 7th (210)

round 1: ziggy ansah - DE - BYU
round 2: lane johnson - OT - oklahoma
round 2: will davis - CB - utah state
round 4: leon mcfadden - CB - san diego state
round 5: levine toilolo - TE - stanford
round 6: josh boyce - WR - TCU
round 6: keith pough - OLB - howard

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#104 : January 26, 2013, 09:32:42 PM

You've been riding first class on my Butt Hurt Express for months now.  You know just how I like it, Sweetie.

In your ass ?? Yeah I do know that's how you like it , you make that obvious enough to all. Maybe it's best to start keeping those fantasies to yourself , weirdo.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools