Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 59

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#120 : January 28, 2013, 03:35:58 PM

I wanted Durrant in FA a few years back. I think he'd still be a great pick up.

Draft Aaron Donald

PewterReportED

PR Admin
Starter

#121 : January 28, 2013, 07:25:28 PM

2nd mock, no trades although I always follow the trade value chart......

#13 DT Sheldon Richardson - BPA in my book. That's how I see it shaking it. No Milner, no top DE's, a relentless pass rushing DT....can't have enough.

#43 CB Logan Ryan - Big physical corner, pro ready, likes to tackle, buccaneer man, etc.

#73 TE Jordan Reed - Despite his intellect he is a dynamic pass catcher. I liked Fauria, but I think we need to get more athletic at the position. Playmaker with the ball in his hands.

#109 FS Phillip Thomas - 
 Thomas leads the nation with eight interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles. That's production!

#125 WR Ryan Swoope (sp) Texas A&M - Wes Welker 2.0....He has decent size, (6-1 206) but also has underrated speed, making him extremely swift in and out of his breaks. His sudden quickness takes defenses by surprise. Swoope is very dangerous after he makes a catch and is capable of taking short passes downfield for big gains. Dangerous in the Slot

#140 RB Rex Burkhead - Was a bit injured, and only got 98 carrys but posted a 6.9 YPC. Good blocker and reciever too. Burkhead is known as a hard worker and high-character individual who is active in community charity work. He has the potential to be a fan favorite in the NFL. Buccaneer Man????

#171 DT Daniel McCullers - He totaled 39 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, a pass broken up, a forced fumble and a blocked kick in 2012. McCullers is still raw, but he could turn into something special. 6'8" 360....

I believe Daniel McCullers of Tennessee is returning to school for his senior season. He's a good prospect to watch for next year though.

Follow me on Twitter @EricDellaratta

CanadianBuc

Starter
#122 : January 28, 2013, 08:28:00 PM

Pretty suer we can get Reed in R4 but wouldn't mind him in R3

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#123 : January 29, 2013, 02:19:29 AM

It just depends on what you think the point of a mock draft is.

Is it an attempt to accurately predict what the team will do with it's draft picks or is it just a way to display the prospects you like getting on your team despite an incredible improbability
At this point in the process it's too early to have anything besides incredible improbability.  In this day and age, with the rookie wage scale, trades are going to be commonplace for all teams.  That is especially true in this draft where much of the first round talent isn't head and shoulders above 2-3rd round talent.  That means teams are either going to look to trade back to acquire more value or they will look to trade up and get a player they covet.

swamp_bats

Starter
#124 : January 29, 2013, 03:41:48 AM

First I'll do my dream, then something more realistic.
Sign CB Smith or DRC, re-sign Bennett and Miller. Cut Black and Wright.
Trade Freeman for number 1 over all, then trade down 4 and again to 6 finally drafting Star Lotulelei . Then trade 13 down to 20 and again to 26 finally drafting  Tyler Eifert. Using our 5 second round picks I would draft  Desmond Trufant, Matt Barkley, D.J. Flucker, Matt Elam and Kevin Minter in that order. Then with our two 3rd picks take Markus Wheaton and Jordan Reed. 4th round grab Ace Sanders for return duties.

Other than that crazy scenerio I would grab either Star or Eric Fisher if they are there at 13, if not I think you have to trade down. Grab DB's in the second round where they are of better value and grab an Eifert or Lane Johnson in the late first round.

BTW forget the not so great senior year. Blame it on the crappy coach and bum Shoulder. MATT BARKLEY is the Q.B. to star out of this draft... 

spurzo

Second String

#125 : January 29, 2013, 07:05:34 AM

1)DT - Sheldon Richardson - 1 pick makes the whole line significantly better
2)CB - Desmond Trufant - might be the best pure cover corner in the draft...tackles well too
3)TE - Joseph Fauria - 6'7 athletic, sure handed red zone target
4)OLB - Arthur Brown - This years Lavonte David... if he can't crack starting roster he'd be a demon on special teams
4)WR - Markus Wheaton - dynamic, speedy, slot receiver
5)DE - Quanterus Smith - Speed rusher
6)RB - Marcus Lattimore - why not take a chance...love his attitude

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#126 : January 29, 2013, 07:24:23 AM

I like Arthur Brown a lot, but unless we are giving up on Foster and moving him to Sam, I don't know where Brown would play. He's a Mike or Will....not a Sam. Even if we did want to start him in the middle, he's projected by almost every site as a top 5 linebacker in this draft. I really doubt he'll be there in the 4th round. Probably early 2nd.

Draft Aaron Donald

big_JLB

Starter

#127 : January 29, 2013, 03:19:31 PM

two scenario's... one if they decide to get a legit #1 CB in free agency and one if they go the draft route. both involve trades, as i think they're going to target the areas of the draft that have the most depth and find the players they want there

RESIGN
DE michael bennett
DE daniel te'o-neshiem
CB e.j. biggers
DT roy miller

FREE AGENTS
CB sean smith (MIA)
CB greg toler (ARI)
DT glenn dorsey (KC)
QB david carr (NYG)
WR domenik hixon (NYG)
TE martellus bennett (NYG)
OLB connor barwin (HOU)

DRAFT
round 1: DE - ziggy ansah (BYU) - SPEED. pure and simple
round 2: OT - lane johnson (oklahoma) - big, physical OT...dom bucks his trend of not drafting OL
round 2: CB - will davis (utah state) - like with lavonte david last year, they trade back up into the end of the first to get a CB that they like
round 4: FS - d.j. swearinger - finally adds a vocal leader to the D
round 5: WR - ace sanders (south carolina) - shifty WR that can contribute in the slot as well as returns
round 6: CB - nigel malone (kansas state) - isn't afraid of bigger receivers and has decent hands (7 INTS)
round 7: RB - dennis johnson (arkansas) - good returner with low milage as a RB

QB: josh freeman, david carr, dan orlovsky
RB: doug martin, d.j. ware, michael smith, dennis johnson
FB: erik lorig
TE: martellus bennett, luke stocker, nate bynham
WR: vincent jackson, mike williams, domenik hixon, tiquan underwood, ace sanders
OT: donald penn, lane johnson, demar dotson
OG: carl nicks, davin joseph, jamon meredith, roger allen
C: jeremy zuttah, ted larsen
DE: michael bennett, ziggy ansah, adrian clayborn, de'quan bowers, daniel te'o-neshiem, aaron morgan
DT: gerald mccoy, glenn dorsey, roy miller, gary gibson
LB: lavonte david, mason foster, connor barwin, adam heyward, jacob cutrera, dekota watson, najee goode
CB: sean smith, will davis, e.j. biggers, greg toler, leonard johnson, anthony gaitor, nigel malone
S: mark barron, d.j. swearinger, ahmad black
K: connor barth
P: michael koenen

-OR-

RESIGN
DT roy miller
DE michael bennett
FS ronde barber
DE daniel te'o-neshiem
CB e.j. biggers
TE dallas clark

FREE AGENTS
CB antoine cason (SD)
CB leodis mckelvin (BUF)
QB david carr (NYG)
WR domenik hixon (NYG)
DT sammie-lee hill (DET)
LB jonathan casillas (NO)

DRAFT
round 1: DT - sheldon richardson (missouri) - add another impact starter beside mccoy and let the current crop of DEs do their thing
round 1: CB - desmond trufant (washington) - trade back up into the first with either st. louis (#22) or indianapolis (#24) to take the big, physical corner
round 3: TE - travis kelce (cincinnati) - sound blocker and provides a reliable target for freeman in the RZ
round 4: WR - ryan sw.ope (texas A&M) - ideal slot receiver
round 5: OT - ricky wagner (wisconsin) - can develop into a sold ROT with bostad's coaching
round 6: DE - devin taylor (south carolina) - adds some speed to the d-line
round 7: RB - zac stacy (vanderbilt) - underrated at vandy...can catch out of the backfield and help as a returner

QB: josh freeman, david carr, dan orlovsky
RB: doug martin, d.j. ware, zac stacy, michael smith
FB: erik lorig
TE: dallas clark, travis kelce, luke stocker
WR: vincent jackson, mike williams, ryan sw.ope, tiquan underwood, domenik hixon
OT: donald penn, demar dotson, ricky wagner,
OG: carl nicks, davin joseph, jamon meredith
C: jeremy zuttah, ted larsen
DE: michael bennett, adrian clayborn, de'quan bowers, daniel te'o-neshiem, devin taylor, aaron morgan
DT: gerald mccoy, sheldon richardson, sammie-lee hill, roy miller, gary gibson
LB: lavonte david, mason foster, adam heyward, jonathan casillas, dekota watson, jacob cutrera, najee goode
CB: desmond trufant, antoine cason, e.j. biggers, leodis mckelvin, leonard johnson, anthony gaitor
S: mark barron, ronde barber, ahmad black
K: connor barth
P: michael koenen
: January 29, 2013, 03:23:05 PM big_jlb

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#128 : January 29, 2013, 03:25:57 PM

jlb- I feel that the 2nd option is a lot more realistic.

I really cant see how Lane Johnson gets out of the 1st round. He would have to have a poor pro day and combine in order for that to happen.
Also, Barwin would translate to a DE is brought here. He would be a good 4-3 DE, but a bad 4-3 SLB.
I could also see Dennis Johnson going somewhere in the 5th round.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#129 : January 30, 2013, 10:31:54 AM

Jlb, liked Cason coming out of Arizona several years back. Wouldn't mind adding him to the 6 or so draft picks I'd spend on corners.

big_JLB

Starter

#130 : January 30, 2013, 12:11:21 PM

Jlb, liked Cason coming out of Arizona several years back. Wouldn't mind adding him to the 6 or so draft picks I'd spend on corners.

definitely worth a look as a solid #2, especially if they go the draft route for a #1, IMO

jlb- I feel that the 2nd option is a lot more realistic.

I really cant see how Lane Johnson gets out of the 1st round. He would have to have a poor pro day and combine in order for that to happen.
Also, Barwin would translate to a DE is brought here. He would be a good 4-3 DE, but a bad 4-3 SLB.
I could also see Dennis Johnson going somewhere in the 5th round.

agree about lane johnson...i can see someone taking him early over fisher or fluker or being a late 1st, first few picks of the 2nd selection. dennis johnson is one of a few late-round RBs that i like along with zac stacy and rex burkhead. if they tender blount then a RB doesn't need to be drafted, but if he walks then it should be considered in the later rounds. i think as far as LB goes they'll go the FA route to fill the spot and compete with heyward and watson to start. a good player to target is jonathan casillas from the saints

combining the two scenarios (and not having any trades) i would be happy if it turned out something like this

resign: DT roy miller, DE michael bennett, DE daniel te'o nesheim, CB e.j. biggers, TE dallas clark
free agents: CB antoine cason OR derek cox, CB greg toler OR leodis mckelvin, QB david carr, WR domenik hixon, LB jonathan casillas, DT sammie-lee hill OR terrance knighton
draft:
round 1: DT - sheldon richardson (missouri)
round 2: CB - desmond trufant (washington) OR will davis (utah state)
round 3: TE - travis kelce (cincinnati)
round 4: FS - d.j. swearinger (south carolina)
round 4: WR - ryan sw.ope (texas A&M)
round 5: OT - ricky wagner (wisconsin)
round 6: RB - rex burkhead (nebraska)
round 7: CB - nigel malone (kansas state)
: January 30, 2013, 02:09:44 PM big_jlb

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#131 : January 30, 2013, 04:11:01 PM

The new and improved "Crown our Ass" mock. This is assuming nothing of major significance happens in free agency.  Highlights and commentary included:

1. Tyler Eifert , TE , Notre Dame
If you want to go BPA in the 1st , this is the guy . A true stud at TE , and also a major area of need for us.

2.  Xavier Rhodes, CB , FSU
Rumor has it Trufant has now leap-frogged him in value after his dominating performance at the Senior Bowl. Now Trufant will go in the 1st , and Xavier will now slip to the Bucs in round 2.

2. ( via 3rd and 4th round picks ) David Amerson , CB , NC State
Another extremely talented corner who is 6'3 and makes plays on the football like a WR. He had 13 int's in 2011. Probably would have been a 1st rounder but had a lackluster end to 2012.The Bucs need two corners not one , and good corners dissappear off the board fast , so Bucs will trade back up to land Amerson. 

4. Ace Sanders  , WR , South Carolina
Can develop into our slot WR  of the future, and provides one of the most dynamic punt returners in the country immediately. You'll have to draft this kid a little early if you want him , or someone else will.

5. Zac Dysert , QB , Miami (OH)
The "competition" for Josh Freeman. Big strong athletic kid with lots of potential.

6. Marcus Lattimore , RB , South Carolina
This is a flyer pick . Lot's of injury concerns here , but the kid has a buccaneer man type attitude and is an absolute monster when healthy .Dougie needs a real back-up. What the hell. Take a shot. Risk is worth the possible reward.

7. Dan Giordano , DE , Cincinati
High motor Dline depth ....hopefully....Not a world beater but I like the kid. Hey , it's the 7th round.
: January 31, 2013, 05:38:38 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#132 : January 30, 2013, 04:24:53 PM

Happy to see the Swo.pe and Burkhead bandwagons get rolling. I would like to see us grow young and athletic at the TE position. Kelce has size but not sure he has the speed or athleticism to be that much of an upgrade over what we have.

big_JLB

Starter

#133 : January 30, 2013, 04:45:01 PM

Happy to see the Swo.pe and Burkhead bandwagons get rolling. I would like to see us grow young and athletic at the TE position. Kelce has size but not sure he has the speed or athleticism to be that much of an upgrade over what we have.

if they sign someone like martellus bennett as a FA then they can wait until the later rounds to take a "receiving" TE, someone like levine toilolo or even philip lutzenkirchen. since lutzenkirchen got hurt and everyone has forgotten about him he would be well worth a flier pick later in draft IMO

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#134 : January 30, 2013, 08:28:47 PM

Bradley Roby is returning to Ohio St.
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools