Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 59

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#420 : March 29, 2013, 10:44:46 AM

i wouldnt hold my breath for ansah. somebody is going to roll the dice on him in the top 5. definition of boom or bust type guy. id rather take a safe pick than him

I really don't think he goes Top 5 IMO. The only team I could possibly see taking Ziggy would be Detroit but only if Fisher and Milliner are already off the board. He is a Top 20 for sure. Likely a top 10.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#421 : March 29, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

too high IMO for him

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#422 : March 29, 2013, 12:17:11 PM

Assuming things stand as they are and picking versus Walter: http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php (I do this because they are the only ones crazy enough to have a more than 3 round mock at this point):

R1: Jarvis Jones DE/OLB He falls and assuming the latest on the spine being fine true he's too much value to miss and we try and turn him into a Von Miller level player. Would never take a OLB this high in a 43 but for seeing him really as a pass rusher and not a run stopper/coverage guy.

R2: Zach Ertz, TE An easy pick at this spot in R2.

R3: Everett Dawkins, DT Seems to fit what we want at the DT spot, smaller but that tilt NT has seen plenty of guys (Culpepper, Darby) play well at smaller sizes.

R4a:  Chris Faulk, OT - Our OL depth doesn't exist. He's actually a credible starter level talent. I am tempted versus their draft to take Chris Kelce here because I really like him but I can't, in this offense, double up on TE's after taking Erz.

R4b: Dwayne Gratz, CB - Need 3 CB's in my opinion on this roster so draftiung 2 is an easy call.

R5: Kenny Stills, WR Good size, great speed and we need WR depth badly

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PewterPirate54

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler

#423 : March 29, 2013, 03:16:59 PM

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer49s
Ex-LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu has visits set up with the Vikings, Bucs, Patriots, 49ers, Bills, Cardinals, Bengals, Texans, Seahawks & Falcons

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#424 : March 30, 2013, 04:55:45 PM

I havn't read anybody's mochs; i just now did some studying and put this moch together real quick.  I noticed on the front page of this thread that some guys I thought nobody had heard of has been heard of; but, this is what I came up with, without having read anybody elses mochs.  In some ways its objective like that. I just picked best player available for the most part.  I am guessing that Tavon Austin and Desmond Truefont will be gone at pick 13.  I'm also guessing that Werner will in fact be available and so will Ansah.  I like Eifert as the underrated, ugly not so sexy pick at 13.

13 - Tyler Eifert
43 - Cb Darius Slay
73 - Cb Tyran Mathiu
112 - De Devin Taylor
126 - Hb Christine Michael
147 - Lb Vince Williams
181 - De Mike Catapano
196 - Lb Jayson DiManche

Texas Alexander(probably with Lonnie Johnson) - Bellcow blues,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCXTSKOkhM

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#425 : March 31, 2013, 01:46:45 AM

Jayson DiManche! That's whats up!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#426 : March 31, 2013, 01:00:42 PM

my updated mock. post free agen. i dont see us making too many more moves at this point so im going to assume we stand pat with what we have here. the signing of Dashon Goldson opened up a slot in my mock because we now dont need a Safety. i wanted to fit a linebacker in but i just couldnt find a player i liked in the range where i wanted a backer. the Derek Lndri signing helps out our DL depth and he brings a veteran presence to this team but we still need more. i also subbed a DE in to help us with passrushing depth. its definately not enough to get us where we need to be but i feel it addresses the immediate needs of this team and should improve us enough to make it to next offseason where we can finally really start building depth and making this team what it needs to be. we should definately find AT Least 4 starters with this class and the rest should push for depth status to where i wouldnt be alarmed if they had to play for an extended period of time. i added greg reid as a late round pick because hes talented enough to take a flier on in the 7th. hes the same kind of player as tyrann mathieu and doesnt require an early selection. he was an extremely dangerous kick/punt returner in college and has the short area quicknes to be a good nickel corner

13 - Xavier Rhodes CB FSU
43 - Logan Ryan CB Rutgers
73 - Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
112 - Joe Kruger DE Utah
126 - Jordan Hill DT Penn State
147 - Conner Vernon WR Duke
181 - Lonnie Pryer FB FSU
196 - Greg Reid CB Valdosta State/FSU
: March 31, 2013, 01:22:37 PM dexmonkey

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#427 : March 31, 2013, 04:04:05 PM

I did about an hour of research. For my first mock. Rip it up.

1a Bjoern Werner DE FSU

Move either him or AC to the middle and let's have a pass rush.

1b (2 + Future Pick) Xavier Rhodes CB FSU OR Revis

Trade back up for Rhodes, who I believe is the best CB in this draft. Or get Revis.

3 Ryan Sw0pe WR Tex A&M

Get this guy.

4a Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

How can you not include him in your late round picks mock draft?

4b Travis Kelce TE Cinci

He's rising, so we may not be able to get him this late, but he's a complete TE.

5 Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida

Extremely aggressive, especially against the run. Attacks the line of scrimmage, showing the ability to slip gaps and make impressive tackles for loss. Has great speed to the edges. Flashes explosive hitting ability and generally has done a nice job of making the wrap-up tackle over his career, though this wasn't always the case in 2012. Good athleticism in coverage, showing the agility and speed to handle this role in the NFL.

6a Steve Williams CB Cal

Very good foot quickness, fluidity and speed, overall. Shows the confidence to allow even the Pac-12's fastest receivers to creep up on him in off-man coverage, turning to run with them and shadowing his opponent throughout the route. Good instincts. Reads the receiver and shows an excellent burst to break on underneath routes, such as quick outs and slants. Will bait quarterbacks to throw his way, showing the ability to undercut routes and rip at the hands of receivers as the ball arrives, resulting in many of his 25 career passes broken up (in 28 starts). Reliable open-field tackler, showing no hesitancy to take on and cut bigger ball-carriers. Gets low and wraps his arms securely around their knees, taking even big backs (and pass-catchers) to the ground quickly.

6b Keith Pough OLB Howard

Showed intensity and leadership qualities at Shrine Game practices, playing with a high level of energy. Excellent flexibility and agility for the position. Stays low with good fundamentals. Natural athleticism and fluidity, displaying the coordination and smooth hips to play in space. Lean, athletic frame, and does a nice job of playing balanced and low to the ground. Nonstop motor and brings constant energy to the field.

7 Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn

I want this guy to succeed so bad. This is my first, only and likely last "pet prospect" you guys will ever see me swoon over. He's better than Chad Spann and Tebow.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#428 : March 31, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

If you want Werner or AC in the middle, why not just draft a DT

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#429 : March 31, 2013, 04:17:58 PM

If you want Werner or AC in the middle, why not just draft a DT

According to this:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DT

None of those guys strikes me as a pass rusher. Just more expensive Roy Millers.

Plus can you imagine Bowers, Werner, McCoy and AC rushing the passer?!

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#430 : March 31, 2013, 04:45:57 PM

I don't know about Werner in the middle, but I'd take Werner on the right side with Clayborn in the middle.

Rather take Floyd if possible, even if we have to trade up a few spots. If we could manage to get Floyd in the first and Carradine in the 2nd....getting pressure would never be an issue again. Our defensive line would be set for awhile.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#431 : March 31, 2013, 05:02:18 PM

I don't know about Werner in the middle, but I'd take Werner on the right side with Clayborn in the middle.

Rather take Floyd if possible, even if we have to trade up a few spots. If we could manage to get Floyd in the first and Carradine in the 2nd....getting pressure would never be an issue again. Our defensive line would be set for awhile.

I agree with AC in the middle with Werner out there.

Would Floyd really be more effective than AC in the middle? I suppose we'll never know. I imagine our 1st pick is going to Revis unless we can really stand taller than the Jets.

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#432 : March 31, 2013, 10:05:34 PM

I guess I'll play now that free agency is pretty much over. Im using the projections from http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

1. Xavier Rhodes,CB, FSU
Rhodes is strong for the position with a solidly-built frame and excellent arm length. He loves to jam and get physical in press coverage, getting in the face of receivers at the line of scrimmage and staying aggressive through the whistle.
http://youtu.be/4Jdhu0wefeA

2. Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Instinctive, dependable cornerback with good overall size and athleticism. Versatile corner with extensive experience playing off-man and zone coverage. Possesses a quick, tight back pedal and has fluid hips to turn and run with receivers.
http://youtu.be/DMHLTcEs3bI

3. Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut
Reads the action quickly and has the speed to close, making him a classic 4-3 weak-side linebacker candidate. He was a versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker for the Huskies, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills at the Shrine Game, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident.
http://youtu.be/clOSd1qVyas

4. Dion Sims, TE, Michigan State
Excellent size, speed, agility combo for the position. Tough to bring down after the catch and can rack up yards. Improved technique, including stance, between sophomore and junior seasons. Offensive coordinator Dan Roushar complimented Sims' dedicated over the 2012 offseason to get into better shape and improve his focus.
http://youtu.be/Ka9V1qvZYAQ

4. Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers
Versatile back who can provide production as a runner between the tackles and as a receiver out of the backfield. Elusive runner who isn't afraid of contact.
http://youtu.be/9Z8c3jNxvjE

5. Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
Strengths: Good-sized athlete with quick read/react skills. Long arms and uses his reach to make plays on the ball. Physical to work through blocks and seeks out contact. Violent striker and plays with an aggressive mentality. Will bait and drive on throws. Natural ballskills with good highpointing skills and catching radius. Confident and plays fearless.
http://youtu.be/LBRlA_L8g6w

6. David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State / Kyle Juszczyk, FB, Harvard / Rodney Smith, WR, FSU
http://youtu.be/XJtozzcJTNs  /    http://youtu.be/uS54FxLGpkk   /  http://youtu.be/p-sZDv0W0s4
7. Braden Brown, OT, BYU / Marcus Davis, WR, Virginia Tech
http://youtu.be/K0-JSgxvkkw  /     Davis so we can run the Davisaround. http://youtu.be/vqePMRDM4qw
: March 31, 2013, 10:13:55 PM Tampa-Two

Buc45

Starter
#433 : March 31, 2013, 11:34:16 PM

I did about an hour of research. For my first mock. Rip it up.

1a Bjoern Werner DE FSU

Move either him or AC to the middle and let's have a pass rush.

1b (2 + Future Pick) Xavier Rhodes CB FSU OR Revis

Trade back up for Rhodes, who I believe is the best CB in this draft. Or get Revis.

3 Ryan Sw0pe WR Tex A&M

Get this guy.

4a Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU

How can you not include him in your late round picks mock draft?

4b Travis Kelce TE Cinci

He's rising, so we may not be able to get him this late, but he's a complete TE.

5 Jelani Jenkins OLB Florida

Extremely aggressive, especially against the run. Attacks the line of scrimmage, showing the ability to slip gaps and make impressive tackles for loss. Has great speed to the edges. Flashes explosive hitting ability and generally has done a nice job of making the wrap-up tackle over his career, though this wasn't always the case in 2012. Good athleticism in coverage, showing the agility and speed to handle this role in the NFL.

6a Steve Williams CB Cal

Very good foot quickness, fluidity and speed, overall. Shows the confidence to allow even the Pac-12's fastest receivers to creep up on him in off-man coverage, turning to run with them and shadowing his opponent throughout the route. Good instincts. Reads the receiver and shows an excellent burst to break on underneath routes, such as quick outs and slants. Will bait quarterbacks to throw his way, showing the ability to undercut routes and rip at the hands of receivers as the ball arrives, resulting in many of his 25 career passes broken up (in 28 starts). Reliable open-field tackler, showing no hesitancy to take on and cut bigger ball-carriers. Gets low and wraps his arms securely around their knees, taking even big backs (and pass-catchers) to the ground quickly.

6b Keith Pough OLB Howard

Showed intensity and leadership qualities at Shrine Game practices, playing with a high level of energy. Excellent flexibility and agility for the position. Stays low with good fundamentals. Natural athleticism and fluidity, displaying the coordination and smooth hips to play in space. Lean, athletic frame, and does a nice job of playing balanced and low to the ground. Nonstop motor and brings constant energy to the field.

7 Philip Lutzenkirchen TE Auburn

I want this guy to succeed so bad. This is my first, only and likely last "pet prospect" you guys will ever see me swoon over. He's better than Chad Spann and Tebow.

The first two picks are solid (if we can get the trade), I do not think Honey Badger makes it to the fourth...Guy is a stud and there is a lot of buzz going on around him.  I would love S**CENSORED**e if he had not already has multiple concussions in college.  Kelce would be a solid pickup.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#434 : April 01, 2013, 07:06:54 AM

Someone will take a flyer on Honey Badger in the 3rd . He won't be there in the 4th .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools