Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 59

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
« #660 : April 18, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »

Is there any reason to think that it makes him more likely to something similar happening in the future?

im not a doctor but i doubt it. that seemed like a contact injury similar to what youd get in a car wreck, he had to have gotten hit just right for it to happen. im sure hes going to wear a little more padding around his chest area but he should be fine. like i said that was a 1 in a million injury
This is 100 % true, unless he has some kind of congenital defect that causes weakness of the walls of his veins.  If that were the case there is no way in hell that he would get a doctor's endorsement to come back, it would be a death sentence.

shawn731

Starter

« #661 : April 19, 2013, 08:42:26 AM »

I just completed the NFL mock draft and it was harder than I thought.  I had a few questionable picks.  Take a look.

1Luke Joekel
2Dion Jordan-I think this can be a suprise pick for Geno Smith or a player we really have not thought could go here.
3Sharrif Floyd
4Star Lotuelei-Eventhough they have all those DT's I think he fits what they are trying to do in the 3-4.
5Eric Fisher
6Chance Warmack-This is where it gets crazy. I think they pass on Millner for Chance because they want to run the ball more.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif
7Lane Johnson
8Geno Smith
9Barkevious Mingo
10Dee Millner
11Jonathan Cooper
12Xavier Rhodes
13Sheldon Richardson-There wasnt another player that made sense than him.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/undecided.gif
14Kenny Vaccaro-Another suprise.  They need CB, DT, and S and they took the BPA at their need.
15Jarvis Jones-the switch to the 3-4 made me choose them. 
16Tavon Austin
17Deandre Hopkins
18Eric Reid-They need a S badly.
19DJ Flucker
20Manti Teo
21Eddie Lacy
22Alec Ogletree
23Desmond Trufant
24Ezekiel Ansah-I think they see that OL were taken early and no one fits and Ansah can learn behind Mathis.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif
25Sylvester Williams
26Arthur Brown
27Cordarrelle Patterson
28John Cyprien-They need DB help badly.  Even though they drafted Moore two years ago he has not panned out.
29Bjoern Werner
30Tyler Eifert
31Jonathan Hankins-Big DT to replace losses in FA.
32 Keenan Allen-Boldin Clone.  They need a Allen.

After completing this mock I can see many trades all over the place because once players were off the field I can see a team desperate for a particular position moving up to make a trade.  I can not wait till Thursday.

XFactor

Hall of Famer

« #662 : April 19, 2013, 09:23:51 AM »

I just completed the NFL mock draft and it was harder than I thought.  I had a few questionable picks.  Take a look.

1Luke Joekel
2Dion Jordan-I think this can be a suprise pick for Geno Smith or a player we really have not thought could go here.
3Sharrif Floyd
4Star Lotuelei-Eventhough they have all those DT's I think he fits what they are trying to do in the 3-4.
5Eric Fisher
6Chance Warmack-This is where it gets crazy. I think they pass on Millner for Chance because they want to run the ball more.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif
7Lane Johnson
8Geno Smith
9Barkevious Mingo
10Dee Millner
11Jonathan Cooper
12Xavier Rhodes
13Sheldon Richardson-There wasnt another player that made sense than him.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/undecided.gif
14Kenny Vaccaro-Another suprise.  They need CB, DT, and S and they took the BPA at their need.
16Tavon Austin
17Deandre Hopkins
19DJ Flucker
20Manti Teo
21Eddie Lacy
22Alec Ogletree
23Desmond Trufant
24Ezekiel Ansah-I think they see that OL were taken early and no one fits and Ansah can learn behind Mathis.https://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/Smileys/SoLoSMiLeYS1/shocked.gif
25Sylvester Williams
26Arthur Brown
27Cordarrelle Patterson
28John Cyprien-They need DB help badly.  Even though they drafted Moore two years ago he has not panned out.
29Bjoern Werner
30Tyler Eifert

After completing this mock I can see many trades all over the place because once players were off the field I can see a team desperate for a particular position moving up to make a trade.  I can not wait till Thursday.

First rule for doing a mock draft, list the teams.  ;D I don't see Reid, Lacy and Cyprein going first round. Think Austin goes before 16. I agree with the trades, see a few happening.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
« #663 : April 19, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »

Not the greatest....but the latest....

1. S. Richardson
2. DJ Hayden 
3. G. Escobar
4. L. Ryan
4. Q. Smith
5. M. Capatano
6. K. Pough
6. D. Johnson

UDFA  Sean Renfree

The Freeman

Starter

« #664 : April 20, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »

really like Hayden, Escobar & Pough (underrated... love it)

pass on Capatano (DTN, Morgan & Smith) & Johnson (fumbler)
+ we need an OT

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #665 : April 20, 2013, 04:28:40 AM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

Note. If the revis trade doesn't happen picks one and two will both be corners. Most likely Rhodes and banks.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #666 : April 20, 2013, 07:32:59 AM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

Note. If the revis trade doesn't happen picks one and two will both be corners. Most likely Rhodes and banks.

You're deraming if you think we get Revis for a 2nd (or even 2 -2nds ). They Jets will get nothing and just keep him one more season before they let themselves be the laughing stock of the entire 4 day draft coverage for getting raped like that.

A 1st will be involved or it aint getting done.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #667 : April 20, 2013, 04:23:35 PM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

You're deraming if you think we get Revis for a 2nd (or even 2 -2nds ). They Jets will get nothing and just keep him one more season before they let themselves be the laughing stock of the entire 4 day draft coverage for getting raped like that.

Can I get those lotto numbers too? Been wanting a new massage chair ;)

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

« #668 : April 20, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

1Luke Joekel
3Sharrif Floyd
5Eric Fisher
7Lane Johnson
8Geno Smith
9Barkevious Mingo
10Dee Millner
11Jonathan Cooper
12Xavier Rhodes
16Tavon Austin
17Deandre Hopkins
19DJ Flucker
20Manti Teo
21Eddie Lacy
22Alec Ogletree
23Desmond Trufant
25Sylvester Williams
26Arthur Brown
27Cordarrelle Patterson
29Bjoern Werner
30Tyler Eifert

Ansah @ 24?  Prefer he and Austin over Richardson.

You must be accountable for your actions!

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #669 : April 20, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

1. Sheldon richardson DT
2. ×Revis trade×
3. Logan Ryan CB
3. Gavin escobar TE
4. ×Trade up×
4. ×Revis trade×
5. Dennis Johnson RB
6. ×Revis trade×

Can I get those lotto numbers too? Been wanting a new massage chair ;)

Common sense  , man. Anyone who's been following things closely knows this thing isn't getting done without a 1st involved.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #670 : April 20, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »

Here is my no trade mock draft.

13. Tyler Eifert-TE Notre Dame. At no.13 we are kind of stuck in the middle in this draft. We have zero shot at the only elite CB Milliner. CB is a huge need but so is TE. The bottom line is the film on Eifert. He is far and away the best TE in the draft and is a beast on the field. He has great range gets open and is a great seal blocker. He is an elite college player on film which is one of the main criteria for selecting at no.13.

43. Ryan Sw0pe- WR-Texas A&M. When I watch his film he gets separation on the intermediate and deep routes. He also goes up and battles for the ball like Eifert and is not afraid to block. No other WR in this draft looked as impressive to me on film. Despite needing corners they are not working out yet for us at no.13 and no.43.

73. BW Webb-CB William and Mary. Why didn't we draft any corners in the 1st or 2nd round?  Bw that's why. He is a great punt returner and I frankly like him more than the 2nd round corners. He has all the tools to step in and play.

112. Stepfan Taylor-RB- Stanford. We are getting into the part of the draft where we are typically not going to find starters. So I'm looking for role players. Taylor is a great runner,  blocker, and has great hands. Meet your new 3rd down back.

126. Kevin Faulk-OT LSU- We pick up a much needed swing tackle here.

147.  Kwame Geathers- NT Georgia.  I have been convinced that we don't need to spend a high pick on a NT. Based on what we are trying to do defensively,  we need a 2 gap NT. Kwame is a huge man with a great anchor and great short area quickness. He will be our short yardage and goal line NT with Landri coming in on passing downs. 

181. Colby Cameron-QB La.Tech. Colby had QPatton to throw to in college. He is a very accurate passer who will run the second team. He won't create a QB controversy and if he and Sw0pe get in sync by practicing together everyday they could be unstoppable if Freeman did go down.

196. Kahlid Wooten-CB Nevada. I only saw a bit of him on film because there is no highlight tape I could find. He has great measurables and had great production on a bad defense. Also returns punts and had a 16 yard avg although that will likely not translate to the NFL because it was in a weak conference.

« : April 20, 2013, 06:14:45 PM GrimmReaper »

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #671 : April 20, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »

I'm in the camp that thinks there's no chance the Bucs take a TE in the first round or that it's even a real need for the team.

Isn't that pretty early for Swope? I don't think I've seen him mocked much higher than the fourth, though, I could definitely be wrong.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #672 : April 20, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »

I would not be devastated by Trufant. But the way Milliner locates the ball so early really attracts.  The ball leads him to the receiver, and because of the focus on the ball there can be no penalties.  You have to be fast to pull this off, and Milliner does have the speed, but it seems like he has a well ingrained habit of locating the ball early. 

After Milliner there are many CB's are are about equal.  I like Hayden and Taylor. So if we miss on Milliner, I would rather go Dt in the 1st and a CB in the 2nd.

I agree. If we get close enough we need to try to trade up for Milliner.

My CB rankings

5. Milliner
20. Trufant
21.Taylor
30. Banks
45. Rhodes.

Milliner has elite potential. Rhodes is a 2nd round talent....unless a track meet breaks out on the football field.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #673 : April 20, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »

I'm in the camp that thinks there's no chance the Bucs take a TE in the first round or that it's even a real need for the team.

Isn't that pretty early for Swope? I don't think I've seen him mocked much higher than the fourth, though, I could definitely be wrong.

The Bucs recently used two 4th round picks on Stocker. I think there could be a smoke screen going on. This is a huge need and Eifert is phenomenal on film. I also like Ogletree a lot and he would've been the pick probably if not for the suspension.

Sw0pe is intriguing. The combination of speed and ability to battle for the ball makes him unique. My opinion is that he will go mid 2nd to early 3rd. Sometimes when you watch film and then see where the experts are projecting they just don't match. I think he is a top WR.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

Naismith

Hall of Famer

« #674 : April 20, 2013, 07:21:22 PM »

The Bucs recently used two 4th round picks on Stocker.

Yeah, but that was for a different offense. I'm almost always wrong, but I'd be really surprised if the Bucs drafted a TE before the third round. I should probably watch some Eifert highlights to get excited by him now that I've said that.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
  Page: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 59
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Official Mock Draft Thread (2013 Draft) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools