Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#450 : July 21, 2013, 05:37:37 PM

Yep, the problem continues to make things difficult - too many good pitchers - a problem every team would like to have.

NE Tebow - if the pitching staff continues at the pace of the last 20 or so games, there will be an opportunity - gotta hit against the top pitchers...

World series is ours for the taking.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#451 : July 22, 2013, 11:26:05 PM

Wow - the starting pitching has gone wild.  1/2 game difference, if they can win the series ....

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#452 : July 23, 2013, 08:41:41 AM

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I will say this right now that this team looks better than the '08 team. But time will tell if they make the postseason, and how far they go if they make into the postseason.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#453 : July 23, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

Winning the series would be fantastic, but I'm good even with splitting.  I don't like the Lester/Hernandez match-up for the Rays, but the two after that are in the Rays' favor.

And what a freakin' performance from Moore.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#454 : July 23, 2013, 09:46:08 PM

Winning the series would be fantastic, but I'm good even with splitting.  I don't like the Lester/Hernandez match-up for the Rays, but the two after that are in the Rays' favor.

And what a freakin' performance from Moore.

Lester and Bucholz [sp?]  started out strong.  But I think they both have medical issues going on now. Hopefully Lester's first start back will be a little shaky. And he waits until his next start to turn it on again.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#455 : July 23, 2013, 09:52:03 PM

Yep, the problem continues to make things difficult - too many good pitchers - a problem every team would like to have.

NE Tebow - if the pitching staff continues at the pace of the last 20 or so games, there will be an opportunity - gotta hit against the top pitchers...

They need a bat.  Too bad the Rays couldn't have signed Puig.  I don't know that much about him, and how he ended up on the Dodgers.   There should be a rule where if Cuban players defect, they have to sign with a Florida team.  [j/k]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#456 : July 24, 2013, 12:42:22 PM

Not a good day for the Rays on Tuesday.  The team got a loss, Cobb had a setback, and another minor-leaguer was suspended:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/video-cobb-on-minor-setback-in-leaving-rehab-start/2132864

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/rays/minor-league-c-thomas-suspended-for-drug-of-abuse/2132820

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#457 : July 24, 2013, 05:40:40 PM

They need a bat.  Too bad the Rays couldn't have signed Puig.  I don't know that much about him, and how he ended up on the Dodgers.   There should be a rule where if Cuban players defect, they have to sign with a Florida team.  [j/k]

We have two big bats actually. Longoria and Myers are our big bats. The rest of the guys can hit the ball and have been good at getting points on the board. Of course one more big bat wouldn't hurt.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#458 : July 24, 2013, 07:43:24 PM

They added a bat, Wil Myers.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#459 : July 24, 2013, 08:52:26 PM

That DP Escobar started with Zobrist was freakin' sweet.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#460 : July 25, 2013, 12:55:53 AM

and Luke is now performing in the manner they Rays were anticipating... a lot of good stuff happening

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#461 : July 25, 2013, 12:57:48 AM

They added a bat, Wil Myers.

So that is it?  You can never have too many of those guys.  The pitching has been great lately, but when its not so good, you gotta score runs.

Myers is hitting well, him and Loney are the only guys hitting .300

Take the Red Sox for example.  4 guys hitting over .300.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#462 : July 25, 2013, 07:48:25 AM

They won't beat Detroit in a 7 game series .   They will trot out Scherzer and Verlander twice on short rest and then simply out-score us with that ridiculous offense.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#463 : July 25, 2013, 09:42:07 AM

I can't believe we're having this discussion in the midst of this great run ..... smh

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#464 : July 25, 2013, 09:48:46 AM

That DP Escobar started with Zobrist was freakin' sweet.

+1
Page: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools