Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 60

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#555 : August 18, 2013, 01:10:53 PM

Hernandez sucks so bad.   He's the Rays version of Josh Freeman.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#556 : August 18, 2013, 02:45:23 PM

He is a #5 pitcher - look around the league - not too many teams have 4 good pitchers, let alone 5.  And of the #5 Hernandez ol' Fausto is pretty decent

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#557 : August 18, 2013, 03:13:19 PM

He is a #5 pitcher - look around the league - not too many teams have 4 good pitchers, let alone 5.  And of the #5 Hernandez ol' Fausto is pretty decent

He won't be in the rotation once Moore comes back. Injury is the only reason he is there. Price, Moore, Cobb, Archer and Hellickson will be our rotation once Moore gets back.

DejaVu

Starter

#558 : August 18, 2013, 05:17:56 PM

Archer threw a good game today.   That HR by Lobaton was very nice.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#559 : August 19, 2013, 10:37:14 PM

You know, I understand having to play Bourgwhatever when Dez was hurt, but pinch hitting him in that situation is stupid.  Also, he should have caught Davis' fly ball, but slowed up looking for the wall and didn't make the catch.  No reason for him to be in the game in that situation.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#560 : August 20, 2013, 12:52:30 AM

You know, I understand having to play Bourgwhatever when Dez was hurt, but pinch hitting him in that situation is stupid.  Also, he should have caught Davis' fly ball, but slowed up looking for the wall and didn't make the catch.  No reason for him to be in the game in that situation.

I am myself question stuff like this.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#561 : August 21, 2013, 04:02:25 AM

Amazing job going from a really bad slump back into first place!

DejaVu

Starter

#562 : August 21, 2013, 06:46:07 AM

Cobb coming back was huge.

Wesley Wright flat out sucks.   He could have cost the team the game last night.   Pitches to 3 batters - walks 2 of them and gives up a home run to the other before he's pulled.   What a loser.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#563 : August 21, 2013, 07:53:06 AM

I'll bet Glennon could be a great pitcher . He has a cannon for an arm,  and he rides waves - which can only help while standing on a mound.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#564 : August 21, 2013, 08:57:09 AM

Amazing job going from a really bad slump back into first place!

Yeah, and it helped that Boston went cold about the same time.  That's how a long baseball season goes.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#565 : August 21, 2013, 10:48:39 AM

Been following Cobb and many of our pitchers in the organization, and honestly never thought he'd be this damn good.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#566 : August 21, 2013, 11:07:35 AM

Been following Cobb and many of our pitchers in the organization, and honestly never thought he'd be this damn good.

I'm not sure anybody did.  He's been outstanding.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#567 : August 21, 2013, 12:39:31 PM

I honestly always said he was going to be good and he has been. I thought Hellickson was going to be good too. Boy has he fallen off the face of the earth. We have by far the best rotation in baseball. How many teams can say they have four high quality starters? Price, Moore, Cobb and Archer.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#568 : August 21, 2013, 01:03:36 PM

I honestly always said he was going to be good and he has been.

Yeah I meant everyone except you, of course.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#569 : August 21, 2013, 01:53:13 PM

I honestly always said he was going to be good and he has been.

Yeah I meant everyone except you, of course.

I know you are being sarcastic or whatever. I am talking about when I talked to my friends and brother. You clearly think I am a troll from my other post, that's whatever. Sooner or later you people will have to get over it. Take the things that need to be taken seriously and don't let the other stuff bother you. I said what I said whether you believe it or not I don't care. I have been watching this team develop and grow for as long as I can remember. Just because you think people didn't see something doesn't mean others didn't actually see it. I always thought highly of Cobb. Just because YOU didn't see it coming doesn't mean others didn't.

Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools