Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#795 : October 09, 2013, 03:32:54 AM

Rays need some back of the bullpen help in the offseason.  Need a few bats, too.

They may need to trade Price to get another Wil Myers type prospect.

That is it right there IMO.  The Boston pitching is ok, not as good as the Rays. But those boys can rake, unless you no hit them, they are going to put up some runs.  And you can't expect Price and Co. to throw no hitters every time out. Maybe they can add another hitter ot two.

So anyway, it was fun while it lasted, I think it ends up a Dodgers and Red Sox World Series.  That Cuban guy on the Dodgers, man, what a spark plug that kid is. And still only 22, after spending a few years in the Cuban baseball league.  Good for him he was able to defect on his 2nd try.  He got a 42mil contract with the Dodgers, slightly more than they pay the Cuban players down there.  [j/k]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#796 : October 09, 2013, 07:52:33 AM

Maddon over managing and under managing at the wrong times might have lost us this game.

I think you simply need to come to terms with the fact that Boston is the better team . Bottom line.

Congrats to the Rays on a great season. I'm proud of those guys.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#797 : October 09, 2013, 10:15:26 AM

I thought Madden did an excellent job with the bullpen last night.  You aren't going to win many games only scoring one frickin' run.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#798 : October 09, 2013, 10:23:10 AM

Yep, except that Jake McGee sucks.   Despise seeing the guy come out of the pen.

Bones

Starter
#799 : October 09, 2013, 01:36:52 PM

Tough loss. Exciting run!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#800 : October 09, 2013, 01:40:15 PM

Yea great fun and its tough to win these playoff games with one run. They need bats to contend. They should probably trade Price for a great bat.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#801 : October 09, 2013, 02:47:55 PM

The Rays do more with less resources than anyone I have ever seen.  And yea - Madden is simply stunning in the way he gets so much out of the teams he manages.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#802 : October 09, 2013, 03:50:45 PM

Maddon over managing and under managing at the wrong times might have lost us this game.

I think you simply need to come to terms with the fact that Boston is the better team . Bottom line.

They are, and Madden did a good job in that last game. I liked the quick hook.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bones

Starter
#803 : October 09, 2013, 09:44:59 PM

Yea great fun and its tough to win these playoff games with one run. They need bats to contend. They should probably trade Price for a great bat.
Really? Actually the pitching sucked for two games straight. Red sox scored two from errant pitches.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#804 : October 09, 2013, 10:21:41 PM

Bring back Loney and possibly Crain, let every other UFA walk including Rodney. Pick up the options for Zobrist and Escobar. Bring back Fuld, let Joyce and Rodriguez walk. I guess give Hellickson a shot to regain some confidence. Trade Price, and fill in the roster from there.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#805 : October 10, 2013, 02:32:01 PM

Price said he expects to be traded:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9801412/david-price-tampa-bay-rays-thinks-traded

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#806 : October 10, 2013, 07:36:09 PM

On MLBTradeRumors.com it says that Buster Olney claims the Dodgers will be the main team after Price this offseason, looking to form an absurd top 4. According to the prospect rankings they don't appear to have much to offer, though I guess something centered around Ethier and Jansen would be a start.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#807 : October 10, 2013, 07:42:36 PM

On MLBTradeRumors.com it says that Buster Olney claims the Dodgers will be the main team after Price this offseason, looking to form an absurd top 4. According to the prospect rankings they don't appear to have much to offer, though I guess something centered around Ethier and Jansen would be a start.

Puig , thanks !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#808 : October 10, 2013, 08:10:33 PM

Bring back Loney and possibly Crain, let every other UFA walk including Rodney. Pick up the options for Zobrist and Escobar. Bring back Fuld, let Joyce and Rodriguez walk. I guess give Hellickson a shot to regain some confidence. Trade Price, and fill in the roster from there.
Loney will be too expensive for the rays to bring back in my opinion.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#809 : October 10, 2013, 09:46:44 PM

Puig , thanks !

That would be nice, but it ain't happening in a million years.  Unless Magic goes full retard.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools