Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#810 : October 10, 2013, 10:55:35 PM

Bring back Loney and possibly Crain, let every other UFA walk including Rodney. Pick up the options for Zobrist and Escobar. Bring back Fuld, let Joyce and Rodriguez walk. I guess give Hellickson a shot to regain some confidence. Trade Price, and fill in the roster from there.
Loney will be too expensive for the rays to bring back in my opinion.

He shouldn't be especially if we unload Price for prospects.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#811 : October 10, 2013, 11:15:07 PM

On MLBTradeRumors.com it says that Buster Olney claims the Dodgers will be the main team after Price this offseason, looking to form an absurd top 4. According to the prospect rankings they don't appear to have much to offer, though I guess something centered around Ethier and Jansen would be a start.

Puig , thanks !

+1

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#812 : October 11, 2013, 07:37:14 AM

On MLBTradeRumors.com it says that Buster Olney claims the Dodgers will be the main team after Price this offseason, looking to form an absurd top 4. According to the prospect rankings they don't appear to have much to offer, though I guess something centered around Ethier and Jansen would be a start.

Puig , thanks !

That would be nice, but it ain't happening in a million years.  Unless Magic goes full retard.

He's a Cy Young winner. They got to pay up . Even more then we got for Shields.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#813 : October 11, 2013, 08:56:15 AM

Agree, you want him then pay up.   I wouldn't mind calling the Mets about Travis Arnaud (sp) and they have some top pitching prospects as well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#814 : October 11, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Puig , thanks !

That would be nice, but it ain't happening in a million years.  Unless Magic goes full retard.

He's a Cy Young winner. They got to pay up . Even more then we got for Shields.

I can't see the Puig thing happening. He is young too. But he should be one of their untouchables I would think.  How would the Rays pay him when his contract is up, and he is looking for a zillion dollars. They most likely offer a boatload of blue chip prospects.

I heard an interesting stat today.  Verlander, Cabrera, and Fielder,  make more money than the entire Athletics roster. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#815 : October 14, 2013, 06:06:52 AM

Anyone see the Red Sox/Tigers game?   Great game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bookert1905

Starter
#816 : October 14, 2013, 09:34:33 AM

That was a rough one. Max probably wishes he could murder Benoit balls. Its Ortiz with the bases loaded, he is going to be swinging, so what do you do? Throw him a strike right over the middle. Just stupid

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#817 : October 14, 2013, 09:59:24 AM

Between the Patriots and the Red Sox, the city of Boston was unbelievably lucky yesterday.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#818 : October 14, 2013, 03:16:59 PM

Boston needed that win badly. Verlander vs Lackey is up next and that should be a very easy win for the Tigers.

Revis and Butt-head

Pro Bowler
#819 : October 14, 2013, 11:16:33 PM

Hate boston and that fat roider ploppi.

Bones

Starter
#820 : October 15, 2013, 08:06:39 PM

Price stays!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#821 : October 15, 2013, 09:55:40 PM

Between the Patriots and the Red Sox, the city of Boston was unbelievably lucky yesterday.

Good Karma from the Boston Marathon bombings.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#822 : October 15, 2013, 10:12:11 PM

Boston needed that win badly. Verlander vs Lackey is up next and that should be a very easy win for the Tigers.

Not exactly easy for either team.  Sox win 1-0. Great pitching dual.  I can appreciate a good pitching battle.

Its a shame MLB can't get off their hands and move the game into modern times. Like instant replay everything, and set up a computerized strike zone.  Selig is retiring after the 2014 season IIRC. They really need some changes, It can be a great sport once again, with a few modifications. I think they have already lost a generation or 2.  Gotta speed it up, and get rid of the horrendous umpiring. Just in this years playoffs alone, there  have been a few really bad calls. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#823 : October 17, 2013, 04:15:47 PM

Not exactly easy for either team.  Sox win 1-0. Great pitching dual.  I can appreciate a good pitching battle.

Its a shame MLB can't get off their hands and move the game into modern times. Like instant replay everything, and set up a computerized strike zone.  Selig is retiring after the 2014 season IIRC. They really need some changes, It can be a great sport once again, with a few modifications. I think they have already lost a generation or 2.  Gotta speed it up, and get rid of the horrendous umpiring. Just in this years playoffs alone, there  have been a few really bad calls.
Shocking game by Lackey. Its amazing the turnaround the Soxs have had this season.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#824 : October 18, 2013, 10:11:42 PM

Shocking game by Lackey. Its amazing the turnaround the Soxs have had this season.

Lackey has been known to step it up, for big games. Big Game John.   They fired Valentine, all the players hated him for whatever reason, and they love Farrell.  Farrell use to be the pitching coach there, before trying his hand at managing in Toronto.  It looks to be working out, he is doing a great job.

As I am writing this, Cardinals up 4-0 over the Dodgers.  It could be all over for the Dodgers tonight.

I am not much of a regular season baseball fan,  but I enjoy the post season.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 60
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Rays « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools