Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks and James Gayle ? « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 07, 2013, 12:20:43 AM

NFL Mock Draft 2013: Johnthan Banks and James Gayle

By Sander Philipse on Jan 6, 7:44

Peter Casey-US PRESSWIRE

Another day, another mock draft.

I found another mock draft. And a useful one! This time, it comes via Draft Breakdown. You may not have heard of that site, but it's really, really good because of one thing: they cut up video of a lot of draft prospects. That is, they take every snap (or relevant play) of that player in a game, put all of those snaps together and then turn it into a YouTube video. It's a great way to get a handle of players and figure out how they're playing, without having to watch full games or having to rely on near-useless highlight videos.

So who do they think the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will draft? Why, it's cornerback Johnthan Banks and defensive end James Gayle. Here's what they say about the two:

13. Tampa Bay - Johnthan Banks - CB - Mississippi State

Eric Wright was never worth the contract he received last season. Banks represents an instant upgrade.

43. Tampa Bay - James Gayle - DE - Virginia Tech

Long and quick defender capable of generating pressure and holding up against the run

Personally, I hope the Bucs draft Banks just so everyone can spell his name wrong for the next 13 years. Such an insidious weird spelling. More to the point, though, we'll see this selection a lot and it makes perfect sense. Banks is a good cover corner who is physical and aggressive in run support. Dee Milliner is the better prospect, but a lot less likely to fall to the Bucs. So Banks it is.

In the second round, though, the Bucs get a defensive end. And not just any defensive end: one whose specialty is...holding up against the run. Because what the Bucs need, is better run defense, right? I personally don't think the Bucs have a defensive line need at all, provided they re-sign Michael Bennett. Every team could use more pass-rushers, so I can see why the Bucs may select one of those. But a run-stopper? What?

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/1/6/3839710/nfl-mock-draft-2013-johnthan-banks-and-james-gayle

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 07, 2013, 01:13:08 AM

If we don't select DBs in the first 3 rounds, we failed.
 Round 1- DeMarcus Milliner Round 2- Logan Ryan or  Jordan Poyer Round 3 -  Bacarri Rambo
Hell in round 4 take  Tyrann Mathieu

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 07, 2013, 01:48:15 AM

Round 1- DeMarcus Milliner Round 2- Logan Ryan or  Jordan Poyer Round 3 -  Bacarri Rambo

That is fine if they do nothing in free agency.  But if they were to pick up a Sean Smith say, that would open up that  #13 pick.  Maybe Milliner, or Manti Teo.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 07, 2013, 01:50:43 AM

That is fine if they do nothing in free agency.  But if they were to pick up a Sean Smith say, that would open up that  #13 pick.  Maybe Milliner, or Manti Teo.
Think I read Sean Smith is getting the tag. Brent Grimes is probably the most likely corner to be on the market. He is coming off a major injury and will be 30. But we better go after him, he is still better than anyone we have.
I like a lot of corners that are pending FAs, but most will not hit the market. I think the only team in the NFL that doesn't actually need a CB is the Seahawks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2013, 02:07:48 AM

I am not a big Grimes guy, here is the list.  I like Sean Smith and maybe Tracy Porter and DRC.

Free Agent CB's

Cornerbacks:

Michael Adams ARI
 Rashad Johnson ARI
 Greg Toler ARI
 Robert McClain ATL (RFA)
 Brent Grimes ATL
 Chris Owens ATL
 Chris Johnson BAL
 Cary Williams BAL
 Leodis McKelvin BUF
 Nate Ness CAR (RFA)
 Captain Munnerlyn CAR
 Zackary Bowman CHI
 Kelvin Hayden CHI
 D.J. Moore CHI
 Pacman Jones CIN
 Terence Newman CIN
 Dimitri Patterson CLE
 Sheldon Brown CLE
 Vince Agnew DAL E
 Mike Jenkins DAL
 Tony Carter DEN
 Tracy Porter DEN
 Don Carey DET (RFA)
 Drayton Florence DET
 Chris Houston DET
 Jacob Lacey DET
 Pat Lee DET
 Sam Shields GB (RFA)
 Alan Ball HOU
 Quintin Demps HOU
 Brice McCain HOU
 Josh Gordy IND (RFA)
 Cassius Vaughn IND (RFA)
 Darius Butler IND
 Jerraud Powers IND
 Derek Cox JAC
 Rashean Mathis JAC
 William Middleton JAC
 Travis Daniels KC
 Bryan McCann MIA (RFA)
 R.J. Stanford MIA (RFA)
 Sean Smith MIA
 Marcus Sherels MIN E
 A.J. Jefferson MIN (RFA)
 Malcolm Williams NE E
 Will Allen NE
 Kyle Arrington NE
 Marquice Cole NE
 Derrick Martin NE
 Aqib Talib NE
 Elbert Mack NO
 Michael Coe NYG
 Justin Tryon NYG
 Brian Witherspoon NYG
 Isaiah Trufant NYJ (Ex)
 Brandian Ross OAK (Ex)
 Phillip Adams OAK (RFA)
 Coye Francies OAK (RFA)
 Ronald Bartell OAK
 Joselio Hanson OAK
 Shawntae Spencer OAK
 Ronald Bartell OAK
 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie PHI
 Demarcus Van Dyke PIT (Ex)
 Will Allen PIT
 Keenan Lewis PIT
 Chris Carr SD
 Antoine Cason SD
 Quentin Jammer SD
 Marcus Trufant SEA
 Tramaine Brock SF (RFA)
 Dashon Goldson SF
 Bradley Fletcher STL
 E.J. Biggers TB
 Ryan Mouton TEN
 Cedric Griffin WAS

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 07, 2013, 02:09:03 AM

Keenan Lewis and Derrick Cox could be good fits

The Freeman

Starter

#6 : January 07, 2013, 02:25:34 PM

DB (3 FA + 3 draft picks)
_ 1)Derek Cox (Jags) 2)Sean Smith (Dolphins) 3)Keenan Lewis(Steelers)  -  $6/7M per year
_ 1st rd pick:  1)Dee Milliner (Alabama) 2)Xavier Rhodes (FSU) 3)Johnthan Banks (Miss St)
_ 2nd/3rd round pick: 1)Jordan Poyer (Oregon State) 2)Logan Ryan (Rutgers) 3)Desmond Trufant (Washington) 4)Tharold Simon (LSU)
_ 1)Bradley Fletcher (Rams) 2)Greg Toler (Cards) 3)KR/PR Leodis McKelvin (Bills) 4)EJ Biggers 5)DJ Moore 6)Kyle Arrington  -  $2/3M per year
_ Leonard Johnson
_ Anthony Gaitor

_ Mark Barron
_ 1)Jairus Byrd (Bills) 2) Ronde Barber + 2nd round pick: Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) or Eric Reid (LSU) 3)Glover Quin (Texans) 4)Dashon Goldson (49ers)  -  $4/6M per year
_ Ahmad Black
_ Cody Grimm
_ Keith Tandy

LB  (1 FA + 1 draft pick)
_ Lavonte David
_ Mason Foster
_ 1)1st round pick: Manti Te'o(Notre Dame) 2)Daryl Smith(Jags) 3)Philip Wheeler (Raiders) 4)2nd round pick: Khaseem Green (Rutgers) 5)Erin Henderson (Vikings)  -  $4M per year
_ 1)3rd day pick: Jeremiah Attaochu (Georgia Tech), Travis Long (Washington State), Sio Moore (Connecticut), Khalil Mack (Buffalo), Sean Porter (Texas A&M) or Kenny Tate (Maryland)  2)Brandon Siler (Chiefs)  -  $1M per year
_ Adam Hayward
_ Dekoda Watson
_ Najee Goode

DL (4 FA + 1 draft pick)
_ Adrian Clayborn
_ 1)Michael Bennett  -  $6/7M per year  2)Jason Jones(Seahawks)  -  $4M per year
_ 1)Dwight Freeney (Colts) 2)Osi Umenyiora (Giants) 3).Manny Lawson (Bengals)  -  $4/6M per year  4)3rd day pick Eric Martin(Nebraska) or Larry Webster (Bloomsburg)
_ Da'Quan Bowers
_ Daniel Te'o-Nesheim or Aaron Morgan

_ Gerald McCoy
_ 1)Glen Dorsey 2)Randy Starks  -  $5M per year
_ 1)Roy Miller 2)Sammie Lee Hill 3)Ricky Jean-Francois 4)Vance Walker  -  $2/3M per year
_ Gary Gibson
_ 3rd day pick: Chris Jones (Bowling Green)

draft:
1st rd: LB Manti Te'o(Notre Dame) or CB 1)Dee Milliner (Alabama) 2)Xavier Rhodes (FSU) 3)Johnthan Banks (Miss St)
2nd rd: FS 1)Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) 2)Eric Reid (LSU) or CB 1)Jordan Poyer (Oregon State) 2)Logan Ryan (Rutgers)  or LB Khaseem Green (Rutgers)
3rd rd: CB 1)Desmond Trufant (Washington) 2)Tharold Simon (LSU) or Offense (OT/TE/WR)
4th rd: LB 1)Jeremiah Attaochu (Georgia Tech) 2)Travis Long (Washington State) 3)Sio Moore (Connecticut) 4)Khalil Mack (Buffalo) 5)Sean Porter (Texas A&M) 6)Kenny Tate (Maryland)
4th rd: Offense (OT/TE/WR) or DE Eric Martin(Nebraska) or Larry Webster (Bloomsburg)
5th rd: DT Chris Jones (Bowling Green) or RB
6th rd: K/P Quinn Sharp (Oklahoma State)
: January 09, 2013, 03:25:47 AM The Freeman

Psych

Starter

#7 : January 07, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

I'd like to go after Cary Williams and have heard rumors of heavily pursuing Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Then drafting Johnathan Banks and a Safety in the 2nd. Would love that.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 07, 2013, 05:22:11 PM

I'd like to go after Cary Williams and have heard rumors of heavily pursuing Dominique Rodgers Cromartie. Then drafting Johnathan Banks and a Safety in the 2nd. Would love that.
DJ Swearinger+Mark Barron with DRC, Banks, Williams, Johnson, Gaitor

Sounds good

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2013, 08:51:43 PM

DJ Swearinger+Mark Barron with DRC, Banks, Williams, Johnson, Gaitor

Sounds good

Not bad,  if Sean Smith wasn't available, that would work.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 10, 2013, 02:54:54 PM

FYI James Gayle will be headed back to VT instead of the draft. CB/S Antone Exum will be returning as well.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 10, 2013, 08:11:09 PM

I am cooling off on the Banks hype.  Not the most physical guy, Milliner and Rhodes would be good.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks and James Gayle ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools