Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 07, 2013, 01:17:13 PM

I don't see what we get out of this. Who would we want at 1.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#16 : January 07, 2013, 01:19:08 PM

No way could we get the #1 pick for free + #13. Nor would we want it this year.

Go Bucs

HolyBuc

Starter
#17 : January 07, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

It would have to be for Geno Smith...Big East.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

#18 : January 07, 2013, 01:23:26 PM

Why didn't we do this last year with the Rams? Send Freeman to the Browns for their #4 pick. Send #4, #5 and a future 1st and 2nd for the #2 pick. Draft RG3. We would still have the ammo to trade up for Doug Martin at the end of the first. Maybe the communication wasn't there, but that helps everyone (but the Redskins). Browns get a QB, we get RG3 and the Rams still get their king's ransom. I could be described as a Freeman apologist, but you have to be insane to think RG3 is not light years ahead of Freeman. However, I would not deal Freeman for anyone in this draft. Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson and Landry Jones don't do anything for me. Only one I'd take a shot with is Nassib in the 3rd/4th round.

Sorry for being Captain Hindsight.

Freeman had a better year this year than last year.  In a year where there isn't a sure-fire #1 stud pick, Freeman +#13 can apparently get us the #1 pick.  I don't think that Cleveland would have parted with the #4 pick straight up for Freeman coming off of last season.

You're probably right but I meant that Freeman and #4 would be the main part. Since last year's draft was an elite draft (even before the draft, everyone felt like that), it would have taken like a 4th or future 3rd or something.

Semi-related note, the #1 pick isn't nearly as valuable this year as last year. I think Luck, RG3, Richardson, Kalil, Blackmon and Tannehill going into last year's draft are better than anyone in this year's draft. This year's #1 overall pick is pretty much the #5/6 pick last year.

Say my name...

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : January 07, 2013, 01:24:02 PM

I assume this speculation is more Chiefs driven than Bucs driven

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 07, 2013, 01:27:38 PM

I suspect this is fan/message board driven, not actual team driven. Crazy talk.

Psych

Starter

#21 : January 07, 2013, 01:28:45 PM

There isn't a starting qb available in the draft. I'll be severely disappointed if we draft a qb no 1 overall

acacius

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 07, 2013, 01:31:53 PM

Last year, for Luck?  Sure.  This year?  I have a hard time seeing why they'd do that. 

acacius

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 07, 2013, 01:34:51 PM

There isn't a starting qb available in the draft. I'll be severely disappointed if we draft a qb no 1 overall
In the unlikely even of this trade going down, I have to think that the plan would be to trade back up with the team's second round pick and target a QB in the late first, early second.  I can't say I'd be excited about the prospect, but it would at least be a bit less nonsensical than trading up to take a QB first overall in *this* draft.

Psych

Starter

#24 : January 07, 2013, 01:38:37 PM

In the unlikely even of this trade going down, I have to think that the plan would be to trade back up with the team's second round pick and target a QB in the late first, early second.  I can't say I'd be excited about the prospect, but it would at least be a bit less nonsensical than trading up to take a QB first overall in *this* draft.

The only way I'd be on board with this trade, is if we have Alex Smith signed and we are trading back a few spots to grab the best available corner. Alex Smith can be serviceable until a qb develops whether we draft him this year or next.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#25 : January 07, 2013, 01:39:10 PM

It would have to be for Geno Smith...Big East.

Thats the first name I was thinking although I wouldn't see KC giving up that much.

J-Train

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 07, 2013, 01:44:24 PM

We need to roll with Freeman...this is a horrible year to be drafting a QB #1 overall....Even KC can figure that one out...If this tweet actually has some merit behind it.

Thanks for the sig Java!

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 07, 2013, 01:46:22 PM

If this has any truth to it. Schiano is falling in love with more Big East players that kicked his ass on saturdays.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 07, 2013, 01:55:04 PM

lol. If this happens I will be disgusted.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 07, 2013, 01:58:16 PM

Great, now let's go get Tebow and we will be set

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools