Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 15

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« : January 07, 2013, 12:39:59 PM »

Saw this on twitter - If nothin else, it poses a great hypothetical situation for discussion. Would you pull the trigger?

“@EricDellaratta: RT @NFLDraftMonster Lots of interesting back channel chatter right now, regarding the Chiefs, Bucs, swapping draft picks, and Josh Freeman”

The original tweet is from NFLdraftmonster.com.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 07, 2013, 12:41:29 PM »

Didn't they hire Andy Reid? He's not a fit there.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 07, 2013, 12:44:36 PM »

If there is a coach in the NFL that can get Freeman to improve, it's Andy Reid.

McCoy93

Starter

« #3 : January 07, 2013, 12:51:12 PM »

Yeah I think Reid could work with Freeman. Freeman is sort of like McNabb. Who would we replace Freeman with? Barkley?Tyler wilson?

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 07, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »

Doesn't one of our guys also play QB?  Can't remember who he is, maybe that's who the Bucs have in mind.  Yes, it could get worse before it gets better.  Keep Freeman one more year or get an Alex Smith on a one year deal.

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 07, 2013, 12:55:39 PM »

Lady, I can't believe you said Alex Smith ...

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #6 : January 07, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »

That's the thing id be most interested in about that tweet. Who would be the target?

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

RiotHeart

Starter

« #7 : January 07, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

No ones worth it.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 07, 2013, 01:00:52 PM »

Wait.

So I could trade Josh Freeman to KC, swap picks, sign Alex Smith and have my choice of anyone in the draft?

I'm in.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #9 : January 07, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »

Yeah I think Reid could work with Freeman. Freeman is sort of like McNabb. Who would we replace Freeman with? Barkley?Tyler wilson?

If there were to be a trade, pending on what we'd get for Freeman would play a roll.  The one thing that I found interesting in that tweet was "swapping draft picks, and Josh Freeman".  What's this implying?  That Freeman + #13 can get us to #1?  That's a trade I wouldn't do.  I'd just rather roll with Freeman if that's the case.  I'm still not convinced that I want a rookie QB playing for a first time NFL / defensive minded head coach.  If someone wants to be stupid enough to give us a Cutler deal for Freeman, then fine... otherwise, I'd just rather sink or swim with Freeman.  IF he stinks up the joint, hopefully it's bad enough to where everyone gets replaced and we start all over.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 07, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »

Wait.

So I could trade Josh Freeman to KC, swap picks, sign Alex Smith and have my choice of anyone in the draft?

I'm in.

If that's the case, I'd probably try to trade back down.  Maybe there's a team out there who thinks there's a player in this draft that worth a Griffin-type deal.

Heisenbuc

Rookie

« #11 : January 07, 2013, 01:06:35 PM »

Why didn't we do this last year with the Rams? Send Freeman to the Browns for their #4 pick. Send #4, #5 and a future 1st and 2nd for the #2 pick. Draft RG3. We would still have the ammo to trade up for Doug Martin at the end of the first. Maybe the communication wasn't there, but that helps everyone (but the Redskins). Browns get a QB, we get RG3 and the Rams still get their king's ransom. I could be described as a Freeman apologist, but you have to be insane to think RG3 is not light years ahead of Freeman. However, I would not deal Freeman for anyone in this draft. Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson and Landry Jones don't do anything for me. Only one I'd take a shot with is Nassib in the 3rd/4th round.

Sorry for being Captain Hindsight.
« : January 07, 2013, 01:08:21 PM Heisenbuc »

Say my name...

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 07, 2013, 01:13:15 PM »

If there is a coach in the NFL that can get Freeman to improve, it's Andy Reid.

+1.  That is true.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 07, 2013, 01:14:35 PM »

Why didn't we do this last year with the Rams? Send Freeman to the Browns for their #4 pick. Send #4, #5 and a future 1st and 2nd for the #2 pick. Draft RG3. We would still have the ammo to trade up for Doug Martin at the end of the first. Maybe the communication wasn't there, but that helps everyone (but the Redskins). Browns get a QB, we get RG3 and the Rams still get their king's ransom. I could be described as a Freeman apologist, but you have to be insane to think RG3 is not light years ahead of Freeman. However, I would not deal Freeman for anyone in this draft. Geno, Barkley, Glennon, Wilson and Landry Jones don't do anything for me. Only one I'd take a shot with is Nassib in the 3rd/4th round.

Sorry for being Captain Hindsight.

Freeman had a better year this year than last year.  In a year where there isn't a sure-fire #1 stud pick, Freeman +#13 can apparently get us the #1 pick.  I don't think that Cleveland would have parted with the #4 pick straight up for Freeman coming off of last season.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 07, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

No ones worth it.

If it were to be worked where we get next years first overall, or close, I'd be all for it.

That first overall should be used on a QB, not the positions of need the bucs have right now (CB,lb,c, and maybe slot wr). Barkley is the best QB avalible and i personally believe he's "OK" not "great" so we would essentially be repeating history. Otherwise, we risk running next season without a viable option for QB, but would have a mass of talent on defense and offense. I suppose Smith could be drafted, but I have a similar issue with him.

Of course, we can't pull the trigger to trade freeman next season, so maybe this does have some merit. And maybe it is just one of those situations where you get what you can, when you can. Although, the value of the #1 overall will better after next season. Going #1 overall this offseason however, means drafting the BPA. Which isn't any QB in college.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools