Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 07, 2013, 02:01:35 PM

The only way I would do this deal, is if its Freeman plus number 13 for number 1 overall and the Chiefs second rounder! Freeman has value and in a draft that is short on top end talent at the quarterback position no way would I be willing to part with Freeman and a pick just to move up to number 1, this would make the Bucs weaker. As they lose a veteran QB and the chance to add either a corner back or a defensive lineman and in return only get a rookie quarterback. No thanks unless the Bucs also get the Chiefs second rounder.

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 07, 2013, 02:02:47 PM

Didn't they hire Andy Reid? He's not a fit there.

Um, Donovan McNabb?

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 07, 2013, 02:03:44 PM

Bring in Tebow we have a better QB and he will fill the stadium it's a win win

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 07, 2013, 02:09:52 PM

doesnt eric dellaratta work for Pewter Report?

swapping picks doesnt mean we give up our 1st rounder.  could mean we give up freeman and our 5th for their 1st and 2nd?

and we could target guys like jarvis jones, star loteiliui, moore, teo and on and on.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 07, 2013, 02:10:44 PM

Um, Donovan McNabb?

Are you comparing Freeman to McNabb?  There's literally no comparisons other than they're both black.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 07, 2013, 02:15:33 PM

Um, Donovan McNabb?

Are you comparing Freeman to McNabb?  There's literally no comparisons other than they're both black.

Well actually, they are both erratic passers who have the ability to scramble, but prefer to pass from the pocket or on the run if forced. They can both throw the ball deep and accel in that aspect of their game at times. They are also two very streaky QBs.

Oh, and to add to your comment, they are both large and tall in relation to other NFL QBs. :)

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 07, 2013, 02:21:28 PM

I wonder who would be the target if we had no quarterback and the number 1 pick in the draft?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 07, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

Geno smith is eons better than Free if you are in the mindset that Free can't improve.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 07, 2013, 02:39:00 PM

I wonder who would be the target if we had no quarterback and the number 1 pick in the draft?

2 guys,  Star Lotulelei or Luke Joeckel.

My vote would go toward Joeckel.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 07, 2013, 02:43:36 PM

2 guys,  Star Lotulelei or Luke Joeckel.

If thats the case I would still go with defense.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 07, 2013, 02:45:05 PM

Geno smith is eons better than Free if you are in the mindset that Free can't improve.
Ok.  Let's say you like Smith.  Great.  Is he a guy you really want to be trading up for?  Sure, maybe his stock soars in the offseason, but right now, it's pretty easy to imagine him being there at #13.  At the same time, it's similarly easy to imagine him being off the board by the time the Bucs pick in the second.

geetech84

Starter

#41 : January 07, 2013, 02:50:51 PM

I rather trade to Arizona, cause I believe they be willing give the Bucs more then KC..I dont like just swapping picks..I want little more..like a 1st and 2nd.

Freeman better then any QB in this year draft...He still young..and he is a hard worker..

If the Bucs trade, to move up.. grab a stud D player..if they and get another 2nd pick ..I would love the Bucs to  trade a pick either a  3rd or our 2nd to Redskins for Kurt Cousins..while still having high 2nd pick to draft a stud TE, or another D player..

And go after Alex Smith in FA,and have Kurt and Alex battle it out at QB

pewterblood

Second String

#42 : January 07, 2013, 02:51:02 PM

Let's go after Brandon Flowers

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 07, 2013, 02:52:25 PM

then use our restructurings to pry away andre smith.  any QB should be able to play behind that line.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tampafan8251

Starter
#44 : January 07, 2013, 02:56:55 PM

Do you really think schiano would trade up to number one while trading free and not take a qb? Schiano likes getting guys he's familiar with and Geno smith has beat him every time they faced off. If that deal somehow happens I could see him wanting geno
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Interesting Freeman Tweet - Trade to KC? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools