Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 30, 2013, 05:52:08 PM

The PP is deadly. It would be wise for teams to stay out of the PB but the problem is they are also very good 5 on 5. Stay out of the PB and they have a chance to win as long as their defense and goaltending plays like it has. Such a fun team to watch. Games Im looking forward to seeing are Pitt, NYR, and Bos.

Escobar06

Hall of Famer

#46 : February 01, 2013, 08:49:56 PM

This is a f'ing massacre.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#47 : February 01, 2013, 09:00:12 PM

Winnipeg needs to find a way to avoid penalties - or they will really want to forget this evening.  I was watching a recording - yep this is a massacre 6-0 about 1/2 way through the second....
: February 01, 2013, 09:19:03 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#48 : February 01, 2013, 10:33:26 PM

Yea they are something. Tough game tomorrow night.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#49 : February 08, 2013, 02:47:31 AM

What's this? No posts for a week. Can it be that the enthusiasm for the Bolts and NHL has died down significantly?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#50 : February 08, 2013, 12:09:23 PM

They are still a good team. I personally think they got screwed by the refs the last couple of games. The TB PP is deadly and they have missed a bunch of calls. Giving TB a PP is like giving them a goal almost. Its almost unfair. It may be coincidence we havent seen many PPs the last couple of games vs a couple of away Atlantic division games. The NHL LOVES the Atlantic division because they generate the most revenue. May be best for NHL that they have a few of their teams in the playoffs. NJ played us great but I still think TB is a way better team than Philly. I think they got screwed the last couple of games. Then again they did have many many chances to win the games without their PP. Stamkos missed that open net that would have tied the game. He hit the post in the philly game. Martys had a few chances but didnt convert. Their luck just isnt with them right now. They are still a really good team though. No enthusiasm lost here Negative Nancy.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#51 : February 08, 2013, 12:36:59 PM

flyers played their butts off and barely won .... troubling part is the fact that they have lost 3 in a row to teams that play a little more physical and seemed to bunch things up more, making it harder for the bolts to take advantage of the speed

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#52 : February 08, 2013, 03:25:10 PM

flyers played their butts off and barely won .... troubling part is the fact that they have lost 3 in a row to teams that play a little more physical and seemed to bunch things up more, making it harder for the bolts to take advantage of the speed

I think they have gotten away from themselves a little bit. Boucher really likes to shake up those lines. I think they need to find what has worked for them and stick to that. They seemed to get away from that relentless play that created all their chances in those home games. When they played like that teams had no choice but to get obvious penalties against them because it was the only way to stop them. 5 on 5 is not as good away right now as it is at home. I see no reason to panic yet though. Some more tough games to come though.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#53 : February 11, 2013, 07:07:02 AM

WTH is wrong with this team?

Rangers 5, Tampa Bay 1

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#54 : February 11, 2013, 01:58:41 PM

I cant wait to play these atlantic teams at home again. They let these guys get away with murder at their homes. I feel like the refs have really taken over the results of these games but its not all on them. I do think this team is struggling right now. They arent playing with that same urgency when they were at home. Maybe its because they arent getting PPs on the road and teams are being smarter but I do think they arent playing with the same heart they were earlier this season. Theres too much talent on this team to not get going again. They have had a tough stretch here. Hopefully the NHL will let them get their PPs back soon. and hopefully the team stops relying on getting them and they need to get their 5 on 5 game working again. They were dominant earlier but now look opposite. They gotta get that win on Tuesday.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#55 : February 12, 2013, 01:23:01 PM

Going to the game tonight. Gotta get a win. Saw they are bringing Panik up from Syracuse now. Good to see they are bringing the kids up now. Talented kids at that. They deserve to come up after their dominant performance in the AHL last year and beginning of this year. They still have a few more ready to come up but they dont have room for them. I hope to see a line of Conacher, Killorn, and Panik at some point. They probably have great chemistry. They are hard working and talented kids so I think they will find themselves soon. I just question if these moves upgrade us or downgrade since they dont have the experience at this level. Either way, I think its good for the team in the long run. Just hope it comes together sooner than later.

Really though this is a good team we have here. If they focused on defense and keeping the other teams score low they will win games. They have too much firepower not to. That said, Id like to see one more D brought onto the team. Even if its Gudas or Barberio from Syracuse. A vet would be better. Im not a big fan of Lee/Aulie pairing. They are both young and all but I want another experienced guy there. If they did their defense would be a lot better. They still have cap room for this season so they can do it. They just need to start winning, their lead in the SE division is disappearing.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#56 : February 12, 2013, 03:36:27 PM

Issue is putting the puck in the net at this point - they are as cold now as they were hot 10 days ago... hope they give the fans a great show and win...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#57 : February 13, 2013, 07:05:54 AM

The first few time I heard Mishkin call a score, it was fine. But he's overdoing it.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#58 : February 13, 2013, 01:40:49 PM

Mishkins the man! They didnt deserve that game but they got a point! Hopefully that comeback snapped them out of that funk they were in.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#59 : February 13, 2013, 02:56:33 PM

I hope it gets them out of their collective funk BucBalla85 - bc watching them play at this level is disappointing

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools