Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#60 : February 13, 2013, 03:38:10 PM

I hope it gets them out of their collective funk BucBalla85 - bc watching them play at this level is disappointing

Yea and thats an understatement. They were really fun to watch in that first home stand but I dont know what happened to them on the road. They look so hesitant to shoot the puck and are passing when they should shoot it. Too much thinking it seems.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#61 : February 14, 2013, 11:33:09 PM

The Lightning are really shizitting the bed lately.  Wow. 

Losing to the Capital?

Cmon now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#62 : March 01, 2013, 01:23:57 PM

wow, over 2 weeks since the last Bolt post - funny how these so-called Lightning supporters disappear when things don't look so good......gotta give 'em credit for the sellouts though.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#63 : March 01, 2013, 01:51:09 PM

They really are playing bad right now. They have no toughness and their defense blows again. They are still in a playoff spot thanks to our awesome start but if this team keeps playing like this they may get a lottery pick. They need to make a move soon. Either make a trade or bring up somebody from Syracuse. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#64 : March 01, 2013, 01:59:49 PM

2009 and 2010 I went to about 10 games each season - open practices preseason and during the season at the Forum. 2011-2 about 3 games. This season - zilch. Barely even watch the games when they're on the HDTV. 

Bring on Opening Day MLB.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#65 : March 01, 2013, 02:03:28 PM

2009 and 2010 I went to about 10 games each season - open practices preseason and during the season at the Forum. 2011-2 about 3 games. This season - zilch. Barely even watch the games when they're on the HDTV. 

Bring on Opening Day MLB.

I just cant get into Baseball. Tried it but its not for me. I love the fast pace of hockey. So much more exciting to me than baseball. Even football sometimes bores me compared to Hockey. To each his own.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#66 : March 01, 2013, 02:19:10 PM

what bummed me out was that I got to know all the players back in Rick Tocchet's tenure and really bought into him as a HC - then he was canned and several players left the team - kind of like the Rays, there is a huge turnover of players except a certain core group.  Hard to get an allegiance to the team when every season there are so many different players.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#67 : March 02, 2013, 07:35:17 PM

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#68 : March 05, 2013, 01:32:14 PM

They just arent good enough right now to beat the good teams. They arent strong enough defensively and their secondary scoring is so inconsistent. Stamkos is the only thing that is consistent on this team. Everybody else pretty much sucks or plays hard. Whats worse is that it changes in game. We cant seem to get one whole game together. The game against the Senators was their best game so far. They might be better off trading some guys and preparing for next season. They have a great future ahead of them because they have a lot of really good prospects. Maybe its wise to trade away Vinny, Malone, Brewer, and just load up on picks and then next season bring up all the guys ready to play from Syracuse. Either that or make a move soon. I would prefer that because Id like to see Marty get another chance at a Cup. He deserves it for sure and would hate to see him do it elsewhere. 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#69 : March 05, 2013, 01:43:37 PM

Still doesn't appear to be much D.  Goalies getting 30+ stops a game, but it makes for some exciting hockey. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#70 : March 05, 2013, 01:46:46 PM

The turnovers coming out of their zone are killing them (and me!)

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#71 : March 05, 2013, 02:06:06 PM

The turnovers coming out of their zone are killing them (and me!)

And the GM. Heard him talk about them on the radio. Tough when you shoot yourself in the foot

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#72 : March 06, 2013, 09:35:59 AM

Good win last night.  Needed it.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#73 : March 06, 2013, 09:51:57 AM

Good win last night.  Needed it.
Almost desperately needed it. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#74 : March 06, 2013, 12:46:56 PM

Yea they definitely needed that win. Even though the Devils have struggled also they havent done well against that team ever. This will give them some confidence going forward. They have a winnable schedule coming up. If they get going it will turn around things. They are also not far from division leader Carolina who just lost their starting goaltender Ward. Hopefully they take advantage.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Tampa Bay Lightning « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools