Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It looks like Gruden is falling all over himself to attract some/any interest. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 08, 2013, 08:23:11 AM

Gruden is no longer wanted as a head coach in the NFL. Stick with ESPN Jon, it is where you are wanted.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 08, 2013, 09:07:25 AM

The idea isn't to get the job, but rather one in which you can succeed. There are no geniuses. Parcells and Dungy wrote the book on how to play the carousel and come out looking smart.

In Verner We Trust

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 08, 2013, 09:43:38 AM

The Bucs need to fire Schiano and hire Gruden as HC.

Not before OTA's, too many things Gruden can do wrong then again. Atleast after the draft

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 08, 2013, 11:55:34 AM

Gerald McCoy and Roy Miller attended the same event and had seats right behind him. 

http://instagram.com/p/UM-0a6N4oE/

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 08, 2013, 12:00:34 PM

He should come back to coach. I feel that he is just looking for the right match. It might not be this year but I see him coming back to coach again sometime down the road.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 08, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

Think any GM is going to want Gruden on their team? The guy can't pick players but is going to want to anyway, and the GM is going to get thrown under the bus if he doesn't give Gruden what he wants just like before. The only way it's going to work is if it's a promoted GM that's so excited he doesn't care who the HC is. Gruden needs a puppet GM like always to do what he does, that being assemble a team with has beens from year to year.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#21 : January 08, 2013, 12:07:13 PM

The only way it's going to work is if it's a promoted GM that's so excited he doesn't care who the HC is. Gruden needs a puppet GM

Sounds like Dom is the perfect GM then.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 08, 2013, 01:42:07 PM

He should come back to coach. I feel that he is just looking for the right match. It might not be this year but I see him coming back to coach again sometime down the road.

Most of the time I agree with your posts. Not this time. Jon Gruden has found his niche as a tv personality. His brother is far superior as an OC. He is no leader of men. He is abrasive, abusive, and his word is worthless. He can't teach and he can't judge talent. He would have been fired much sooner if not for Monte Kiffin, and he was as soon as Kiffin left. He'd be a perfect fit for the Jets but they're not done with Ryan just yet. Jets fans need a distraction from how bad their team is. Tony Dungy would never have won a SB with the Bucs. Gruden got the team over the hump and on a downhill slide that lasted 6 more years. He will never find that situation again. He was lucky to find it the first time. People around the league now know what a blowhard he is. He missed his chance with UT. It's just too bad that he sucks as a commentator. You couldn't build a HOF building large enough to house all the players he guarantees will be there one day.

From Howard Cosell and Dandy Don to John Madden, I never missed MNF. The game has to really be something special for me to endure Jon Gruden, and I don't have to get up early to go to work anymore. I'd rather watch reruns of Seinfeld or the local news.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 08, 2013, 01:47:00 PM

Tony Dungy would never have won a SB with the Bucs. Gruden got the team over the hump

That's the only part of your post that was correct.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 08, 2013, 01:48:16 PM

I know what your saying. I dont disagree however I may be one of the few who doesnt mind him on MNF. I think its pretty funny when he gushes about every player out there. Hes just passionate. He does have an ego but that might be what drives him to come back some day. I could see it.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 08, 2013, 01:54:41 PM

Tony Dungy would never have won a SB with the Bucs. Gruden got the team over the hump

That's the only part of your post that was correct.

You left out the 6 year downhill slide.

You also didn't mention Gruden couldn't get any team to the verge of a hump. (Thank Tony)

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 08, 2013, 01:56:26 PM

The Raiders were horrible before Gruden got there.   They were Super Bowl caliber when he left and actually made the Super Bowl that year.   If that isn't the "verge of a hump" then nothing is.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 08, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

I know what your saying. I dont disagree however I may be one of the few who doesnt mind him on MNF. I think its pretty funny when he gushes about every player out there. Hes just passionate. He does have an ego but that might be what drives him to come back some day. I could see it.

Maybe some desperate college team, but I think the NFL has had it's fill of Jon Gruden.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 08, 2013, 02:01:09 PM

The Raiders were horrible before Gruden got there.   They were Super Bowl caliber when he left and actually made the Super Bowl that year.   If that isn't the "verge of a hump" then nothing is.

Al Davis built that team and several other coaches taught the QB how to play. It sure as hell wasn't Gruden.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 08, 2013, 02:06:23 PM

Maybe some desperate college team, but I think the NFL has had it's fill of Jon Gruden.

I think that time is coming because hes been out for a while now and the game has changed a little since he was here. But he did win a Super Bowl. There could be some team desperate enough to get the fan base excited and throw a boat load to Gruden. I think for him the sooner the better though because the game could be passing him by.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It looks like Gruden is falling all over himself to attract some/any interest. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools