Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick on Freeman.. ....."Its not accuracy." « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

McCoy93

Starter

#30 : January 08, 2013, 10:34:32 PM

This is an interesting QB class too me; I don't think its as bad as some people are making it out to be. There is no Andrew Luck type prospect; i swear if Luck was coming out this year people would talk about how this is a strong crop for QB's.

Behind Enemy Lines

Second String

#31 : January 08, 2013, 10:41:53 PM

I think this is the worst batch of QB prospects I've seen in years. If we can find someone in FA or thru trade, great. If not, then we should just suffer through another year of Freeman. He sucks ars, but I don't think there is anything better in this draft.

Might as well stick it out with Freeman. This years QB Class is awful.  Sticking it out with Free gives the Bucs the best shot at landing one of the elite QB Prospects in next years draft.

barbernbrooks

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 08, 2013, 11:45:43 PM

I keep hearing about this so called big arm...when has there ever been evidence that freeman has a big arm?

He's never really launched a ball over 40 yards in the air in a game, he constantly under throws receivers on deep routes, and his intermediate routes have absolutely no zip.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 09, 2013, 08:35:04 AM

He must have a big arm because he constantly over throws his receivers on 10 yard routes.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 09, 2013, 01:44:51 PM

He must have a big arm because he constantly over throws his receivers on 10 yard routes.

Maybe he has Hulk Hogan sized pythons?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 09, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

It is the mechanics and it is easy to see as you re-watch the entire season.

When his mechanics are sound, his accuracy isn't a problem.  But when he become sloppy he becomes very inaccurate, and he tends to not be able to go through his progressions as fast because he is planting his back foot prematurely.

ehinote

Starter
#36 : January 09, 2013, 04:00:52 PM

It is the mechanics and it is easy to see as you re-watch the entire season.

When his mechanics are sound, his accuracy isn't a problem.  But when he become sloppy he becomes very inaccurate, and he tends to not be able to go through his progressions as fast because he is planting his back foot prematurely.

You are close.  It's not that he is planting his back foot prematurely... it's that he isn't diagnosing the coverages by the time he is on the last step of his drop back.  He must have a certain timing with his 5 or 7 step drop, but he hardly ever throws in time off the last step.  That's because he's indecisive as to where he should go with the ball.  And that's also why he stares WRs down.  If he stares a WR down to see if he is open then it allows him to throw on time... but staring down a WR doesn't allow for space for YAC or worse causes interceptions.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 09, 2013, 04:42:16 PM

It's not all mechanics. The best thing about Freeman in 2010 was that he could throw accurate passes while running or in awkward positions. It was a big plus.

He focused on his mechanics, as he needed to, and he does ok when he keeps his good mechanics....but now when he is running or throwing from an awkward position....he can no longer make those good throws. On top of that, even when in the pocket with time, his mechanics are often very sloppy and he is very inaccurate.

I'm not sure what happen to him, but the only time he is accurate now is when he remembers to keep his form and use good mechanics.....but he forgets most of the time and then sucks. Especially when the game takes a turn for the worse. He immediately gets flustered and completely forgets about mechanics....and progressions.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 09, 2013, 04:45:29 PM

I just hope he doesnt care about who doubts him right now and works his ass off this summer. Hes gotta come back strong next year if he wants to stick around here. Hes shown he can do it, just not consistently. If he can do it right once, he can do it right a lot. Just figure it out.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 09, 2013, 04:48:15 PM

It's not all mechanics. The best thing about Freeman in 2010 was that he could throw accurate passes while running or in awkward positions. It was a big plus.

He focused on his mechanics, as he needed to, and he does ok when he keeps his good mechanics....but now when he is running or throwing from an awkward position....he can no longer make those good throws. On top of that, even when in the pocket with time, his mechanics are often very sloppy and he is very inaccurate.

I'm not sure what happen to him, but the only time he is accurate now is when he remembers to keep his form and use good mechanics.....but he forgets most of the time and then sucks. Especially when the game takes a turn for the worse. He immediately gets flustered and completely forgets about mechanics....and progressions.

Sounds like he needs better coaching

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 09, 2013, 04:57:01 PM

How is that? He does well when he does what he has been coached to do. When he sucks it's because everything he has been coached to do goes out the window and he goes into full retard mode. Can a guy have the "deer in the headlight" trait coached out of him? Nine times out of ten Freeman flakes out when things go bad. Hell, he flakes out when things aren't going bad! That is a personality trait. I don't think any amount of coaching will change that.

You can teach kung-fu to a coward, but he's still a coward, and when it's go time....he'll run and hide.
: January 09, 2013, 04:59:47 PM JDouble

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 09, 2013, 05:10:19 PM

lol @ "full retard mode"

Freeman needs a sports psychiatrist to reinstall "confidence" and "heart" back on his hard drive.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 09, 2013, 09:41:12 PM

Even when he played well last season, it would seem the first 5-10 minutes of the game he would come out all hyped up for whatever reason.  Then he would settle down and play well.

Redwave

Second String

#43 : January 09, 2013, 11:36:48 PM

After this, Billick  will never have credibility w/ me in analyzing anything, much less QB strengths.  Painfully obvious he has not watched beyond the highlights with the Bucs this year.
Freeman's game has changed since 2010.  Some for the better - some for the worse.   Billick said. He can make those plays that you cant script, plays with guys hanging onto him".
What a load of crap that is.  And I guess he works the pocket & scrambles w/ an awsome display of power and grace.  Hey Brian - if you haven't watched this years games, pass on the comments please.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 09, 2013, 11:46:17 PM

Sounds like he needs better coaching
I was going to say it is cheaper for get the right qb coach - same thought Bradentonian - I marked the calendar - need to keep track of how often we agree.  Is this our first or second agreement?

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick on Freeman.. ....."Its not accuracy." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools