Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

spurzo

Second String

#30 : January 08, 2013, 02:41:42 PM

I've never understood why Teo, who is clearly not an elite athlete, would go in the 10.  Ppl just get so excited about one or two college players every year that they can't consider their NFL transition.  Teo is a 255lb linebacker with average speed, average in coverage (yes I know he some some picks this year)  and was supposed to be a boss in run support.  Well we saw how good the guy can tackle against an NFL line and NFL running backs.  He'll still go high but don't let it be our Bucs that take him.  If there is any MLB who is a freakish athlete that could become a superstar it's Alec Ogletree, still a bit raw but he's a freak. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 08, 2013, 02:48:44 PM

I've never understood why Teo, who is clearly not an elite athlete, would go in the 10.  Ppl just get so excited about one or two college players every year that they can't consider their NFL transition.  Teo is a 255lb linebacker with average speed, average in coverage (yes I know he some some picks this year)  and was supposed to be a boss in run support.  Well we saw how good the guy can tackle against an NFL line and NFL running backs.  He'll still go high but don't let it be our Bucs that take him.  If there is any MLB who is a freakish athlete that could become a superstar it's Alec Ogletree, still a bit raw but he's a freak.

The ESPN guys gotta hype somebody. Might as well be the guys putting up solid numbers and a good story. He just looked like he didnt belong in that game last night. It was tough to watch. I wonder how far he will drop because of it.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : January 08, 2013, 02:56:25 PM

Nobody is worse against the pass than Foster.

Yeah, but he does a cool WWE wrestling taunt the couple of times a season he can make a tackle, and Buc fans eat that **CENSORED** up.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 08, 2013, 03:01:21 PM

Yeah, but he does a cool WWE wrestling taunt the couple of times a season he can make a tackle, and Buc fans eat that **CENSORED** up.

And before you get off your high horse. Youve never cheered for a player after he made a good play? Your a special guy huh?

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#34 : January 08, 2013, 03:20:32 PM

105 tackles, yea just "a few tackles."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 08, 2013, 03:24:56 PM

If there is any MLB who is a freakish athlete that could become a superstar it's Alec Ogletree, still a bit raw but he's a freak.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. UGA underclassmen are notorious for becoming better pros than you imagined.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Ms Elam

Starter

#36 : January 08, 2013, 03:42:51 PM

I admit I wanted Teo last year before he decided to go back for his senior season. Then I found it he was about 6'1 255 and I changed my mind. When a guy like Ray Lewis drops 20 pounds then you know the days if 260 pound run stuffers are long gone. Half the Trans don't even carry a fullback to meet linebackers in the whole like in the past. Teo will be a 2 down LB, even if he reaches his full potential he will only be on the field about half of the defensive snaps.

On the other hand, milliner looked pretty impressive. ND.chose to attack him for some reason and he stood up. It wasnt just his coverage skills that impressed me, iT was his body control. Alot of times corner backs are in great position to make a play (E.J Biggers) but they don't have the body control to make a play so they end up taking blind swings at WRs arms and get burned or get a penalty. I saw milliner covering guys, and adjusting his body while the ball was in the air. You can't teach that. A guy either has it or he's just going to panic and get a penalty when he realizes he's out of position. Still iffy on him with the first round pick, just saying he looked good.

McCoy93

Starter

#37 : January 08, 2013, 03:56:28 PM

I'm gonna have to evaluate Teo's overall body of work

Ms Elam

Starter

#38 : January 08, 2013, 04:14:33 PM

I'm gonna have to evaluate Teo's overall body of work
There's no need to do that. His college career was great, its well documented and undeniable.  That doesn't change the fact that his skill set is outdated. He's a 255 pound run stuffer in a passing league. Linebackers are smaller and more athletic, and teams are passing more than ever. 10 years ago a "250 pound run stuffer who's a liability in coverage sounded like every MLB in the pros. Now days teams would rather have a 229 pound speedster who's good in coverage. I think he can be successful, but he won't be the force he was in college. The patriots have used Brandon spikes well, and he ran a5.1 and he's very uncoordinated. Watching him run drills at the combine was uncomfortable. Basically what i'm saying is  he ain't worth a first round pick.
: January 08, 2013, 04:17:20 PM Ms Elam

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : January 08, 2013, 04:23:31 PM

while we're boasting about Mason WWE Foster - anyone tell me how he's doing in pass defense we as a team sucked in that stat, and from what I know 'bout football, linebackers have a role in that department.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#40 : January 08, 2013, 04:36:52 PM

from what I know 'bout football

That doesn't give us much to work with, Nurse.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 08, 2013, 07:01:08 PM

I'm not down on him, I think he could still be a good player, there really aren't that many outstanding 4-3 MLBs in the league anymore, and his skillset would put him at about the same level as the other top guys.

I don't want the Bucs to draft him though, even though he's a good leader and all, we need the BPA and it wouldn't be him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 08, 2013, 09:30:09 PM

He was absolutely getting enveloped out there, and when he wasn't, he was getting dragged and bullied by a bigger and faster, more NFL ready team.

His one game disaster smacked his draft stock a little, and I for one am over drafting the kid.  I was all onboard with the idea, but I just think he will be an average MLB at the NFL level.

Great kid though, had a beast season.  It may be shortsighted, but that game just screamed "stay away", as far as the Bucs first draft pick goes...

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 08, 2013, 09:48:31 PM

He was absolutely getting enveloped out there, and when he wasn't, he was getting dragged and bullied by a bigger and faster, more NFL ready team.

His one game disaster smacked his draft stock a little, and I for one am over drafting the kid.  I was all onboard with the idea, but I just think he will be an average MLB at the NFL level.

Great kid though, had a beast season.  It may be shortsighted, but that game just screamed "stay away", as far as the Bucs first draft pick goes...

Agree, it was a very Ruudesque performance.

Manti.....thumbs down

Milliner.....thumbs up.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 08, 2013, 09:50:52 PM

Man, Milliner gave me a semi.

Just a great looking prospect who fits the downhill scheme.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Any Manti Te'o fans still out there? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools