Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some days one wonders where the thoughts of others originate « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

buccaneerNW

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 12, 2013, 09:47:53 PM

What, that information not in the liberal handbook? Guess you'll have to try to figure it out on your own. Take all the time you need.

Wow. And childish too... Big ups to conservatism!

- Dont bee kritisyzun gramer end punktushun on dis baored becuz its for talkn uhbowtt the Bukx.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : January 12, 2013, 09:51:02 PM

Not a conservative. But thanks for proving me right.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

buccaneerNW

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 12, 2013, 10:02:59 PM

Not a conservative. But thanks for proving me right.

Well, if that makes you feel better about yourself. What exactly is your angle? You come out calling people idiots and slamming liberals. I don't care what you call yourself -- your online personality defines you as an **CENSORED**.

- Dont bee kritisyzun gramer end punktushun on dis baored becuz its for talkn uhbowtt the Bukx.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 12, 2013, 10:03:23 PM

Back to your story that you posted...The guy needs to become a Teacher first before trying to blame one. Just my opinion...OBD

I can't stop laughing that you posted this about Dr. Thomas Sowell.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha @ your ignorance.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 12, 2013, 11:56:29 PM

Back to your story that you posted...The guy needs to become a Teacher first before trying to blame one. Just my opinion...OBD

I can't stop laughing that you posted this about Dr. Thomas Sowell.  Bwahahahahahahahahaha @ your ignorance.
Was it ignorance or Sarcasam....Now I am laughing at your ignorance...Get over yourself...your always trying to make yourself better than everyone...Just leave me and my post alone if you can't understand them...Your a very lonely and Ignorant man...OBD

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 13, 2013, 10:15:10 AM

Was it ignorance or Sarcasam....

Bwahahahahahahahaha.  It was ignorance, ignoramus.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 14, 2013, 02:50:31 AM

Not a conservative.

Yes you are, liar.
: January 14, 2013, 02:52:04 AM CBWx2

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 14, 2013, 07:34:53 AM

Not a conservative.

Yes you are, liar.

Apparently during that public school "education" you recieved , they never taught you that there are other political philosophies in the world besides liberal and conservative , Republican and Democrat.

Keep plugging away , Comrade. Your ignorance is only half your fault.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 14, 2013, 09:08:51 AM

Not a conservative.

Yes you are, liar.

Apparently during that public school "education" you recieved , they never taught you that there are other political philosophies in the world besides liberal and conservative , Republican and Democrat.

i before e except after c. I learned that in public school.

There are only two political philosophies, conservative and liberal. There are a number of different ideologies that are of varying degrees of the conservative and liberal spectrum, but all are either one or the other.

Republican and Democratic are not philosophies, they are political parties. I learned that in public school too.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 14, 2013, 12:30:46 PM

Goddamn retugs on fox talking about arithmetics is a liberal agenda b/c it teaches the distributive property. I was waiting for the sarcasm but the dimwit kept trying to argue that the distributive property is proof of a liberal social doctrine. I swear these **CENSORED**'s are born with half a brain.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 14, 2013, 04:50:17 PM

There are only two political philosophies, conservative and liberal. There are a number of different ideologies that are of varying degrees of the conservative and liberal spectrum, but all are either one or the other.

LOL ...what an incredibly stupid statement. I guess it's true that the simpleton sees the world in black and white.

The political spectrum is actually divided into 4 quadrants based on social left and right , and economic left and right. Some people fall to the left of one side and the right of the other . Some fall to the far extremes . Some fall right in the middle.

To say everyone is either conservative or liberal shows how incredibly ignorant and simple-minded you really are , Comrade.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 14, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

"John Dewey saw the role of the teacher, not as a transmitter of a society's culture to the young, but as an agent of change -- someone strategically placed, with an opportunity to condition students to want a different kind of society."

There are plenty of other institutions to serve as the transmitter of our culture to our youth(i.e. parents, churches, media, service organizations, museums, etc.).  The job of the teacher is to teach students how to think for themselves; how to form ideas and arguments, and evaluate those of others.

I would be willing to bet that the Dr. had a teacher in his life who influenced him to strive to be more than just the sum of his culture.  I'd also bet that most of you could say the same.  Heck, the good Dr. probably even serves as that agent of change for some of his own students.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 14, 2013, 05:18:58 PM

Not a conservative.

Yes you are, liar.

Republican and Democratic are not philosophies, they are political parties. I learned that in public school too.

I agree that its not that black and white. Anybody thinking that way is way too closed minded. However that doesnt mean that there isnt a lot people who are like that in this country. I know a fair share of people who do think one way extremely and everything the other way is complete crap and then vice versa. I do know a lot of people who are very mixed with it all. My opinion is that there isnt one way things "Should" be and that one way isnt wrong or right over the other. I think theres a time and place for everything. I think theres a time to be conservative and times to be liberal about things.

Problem is weve gotten to be very narrow minded with this stuff and very egotistical about it as well. Reason is because we put so much emphasis on which one "you are". Are you Conservative or are you Liberal. Are you Democrat or Republican. It becomes about the person. When you make it about the person your involving everything about the person, their intelligence, their personality, all of those can make a person very defending on who they are. It grows peoples egos in a way that is unproductive. I feel thats the way our country has been the last few years. Especially in this last election. Out of control.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 14, 2013, 08:12:12 PM

Not a conservative.

Yes you are, liar.

I agree that its not that black and white. Anybody thinking that way is way too closed minded. However that doesnt mean that there isnt a lot people who are like that in this country. I know a fair share of people who do think one way extremely and everything the other way is complete crap and then vice versa. I do know a lot of people who are very mixed with it all. My opinion is that there isnt one way things "Should" be and that one way isnt wrong or right over the other. I think theres a time and place for everything. I think theres a time to be conservative and times to be liberal about things.

Problem is weve gotten to be very narrow minded with this stuff and very egotistical about it as well. Reason is because we put so much emphasis on which one "you are". Are you Conservative or are you Liberal. Are you Democrat or Republican. It becomes about the person. When you make it about the person your involving everything about the person, their intelligence, their personality, all of those can make a person very defending on who they are. It grows peoples egos in a way that is unproductive. I feel thats the way our country has been the last few years. Especially in this last election. Out of control.
+1

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 15, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

LOL ...what an incredibly stupid statement. I guess it's true that the simpleton sees the world in black and white.

The political spectrum is actually divided into 4 quadrants based on social left and right , and economic left and right. Some people fall to the left of one side and the right of the other . Some fall to the far extremes . Some fall right in the middle.

To say everyone is either conservative or liberal shows how incredibly ignorant and simple-minded you really are , Comrade.

Everyone is either conservative or liberal, you imbecile.

"The political spectrum is actually divided into 4 quadrants based on social left and right , and economic left and right."

The political spectrum is divided into two sides. "Left" and "Right" are terms that originated from the French Revolution, when the conservative members of the General Assembly were seated on the right side, or "wing", of the assembly hall and the liberal members were seated on the left side, or "wing". All "left" and "right" are is another way of saying conservative and liberal.

The other two "quadrants", totalitarianism and anarchy, are extreme ends of the conservative and liberal spectrum.

If you really want to get technical about it, American politics doesn't really have any true "conservatives", but rather is a conflict between varying ideologies of liberalism. An American conservative generally is someone who advocates neoliberalism and negative liberty, and an American liberal advocates social liberalism and positive liberty.

It isn't about being "black and white", it's about actually understanding what it is you are talking about.
: January 15, 2013, 05:19:28 PM CBWx2

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Some days one wonders where the thoughts of others originate « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools