Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#15 : January 09, 2013, 08:29:16 AM

The question is who's there at pick 13 and are they worth the pick?  We have to many needs to give up picks unless it's the extra 4th we picked up or a later round pick.  If this draft and off season aquisitions work out as well as last season I see no reason we can't get in the playoffs next season.  The only things that could keep us out are injuries or #5.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 09, 2013, 08:30:54 AM

I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier Rhodes is worth the 13th pick. In fact, we'll be lucky if he is still on the board.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 09, 2013, 08:35:24 AM

I'd be good with that pick.  I just don't think we should give up picks unless it's a 6th or 7th (maybe our extra 4th) to get a corner in the first.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 09, 2013, 08:42:42 AM

I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier Rhodes is worth the 13th pick. In fact, we'll be lucky if he is still on the board.

He'll be there for sure, but if we don't grab him, he could go in the #15-20 range.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#19 : January 09, 2013, 08:49:14 AM

If we are going to continue with this heavy blitz, man coverage scheme than I am all for taking Rhodes. If we are playing more zone base coverage give me Banks.

chetthevette

Practice Squad
#20 : January 09, 2013, 11:17:08 AM

Heres an idea, cut Wright and resign him at a resonable incentive laden contract. Lets see what he'd do being motivated. Then draft Millner or Banks if availible 1st round.
2nd round will most likely be Logan Ryan, I can't see coach skipping one of his boys.  If Millner and Banks are gone in the first gab Shariff Floyd. I'd be happy with that.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 09, 2013, 11:51:04 AM

I don't think Ryan makes it to the second round. I think the first three corners off the board will be Rhodes, Milliner and Ryan - I think Banks and Poyer will be second rounds picks...

In Football, RESPECT is never given freely by your opponent. It must be TAKEN from them...VIOLENTLY

Great players cost a lot of money but help win games. High-priced players - a byproduct of poorly run front offices with bad scouting departments - only cost a lot of money.
"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Oliver Goldsmith

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 09, 2013, 12:36:31 PM

Why is Xavier Rhodes not an option? I would take him over both Milliner and Banks.

Mostly because I'm following along with most of the current mock drafts guru's top two corners in draft, and the FA top two.

Most of us agree that we need one, if not two of these guys. A combo of both may be the best outcome.As jimbo stated, we're lucky to have this many options.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#23 : January 09, 2013, 12:44:59 PM

BOTH a vet FA and one of Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Ryan PLUS another CB in round 4

pancake block

Starter

#24 : January 09, 2013, 03:44:30 PM

let the chips fall where they may..mil,banks,x....what if we give away a 3rd or 4th round pick ...that could have netted honey badger?..its a free pick anyway   let the flameouts begin for naming a character issue player for weed...(so was sapp)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 09, 2013, 05:06:25 PM

He'll be there for sure, but if we don't grab him, he could go in the #15-20 range.

You're tripping with the "for sure" part. It's three months out bro. Nothing is for sure. He could be the first CB taken in the draft by the time April roles around.

Just last week I had to listen to how stupid it was to take Rhodes over Banks because all the sites say Banks is the 2nd best CB and Rhodes in a 2nd round prospect. Now, just a week later, Rhodes is almost unanimously considered the 2nd best CB and Banks has slid to 3rd or 4th on many sites! Things change quick.

I see Rhodes and Milliner being 1a and 1b by draft day. Some teams will prefer one over the other, but I think either guy could end up being the 1st CB taken....and that will be before pick 13.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 09, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

"For sure" is still a personal opinion...it just represents my confidence that he will be there for the taking.

I have zero doubt that things could change drastically between now and then.

No "tripping" here, bro.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 09, 2013, 07:19:14 PM

Why is there not an All of the Above option in that poll ?

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 09, 2013, 07:29:38 PM

trade back 5 or so spots and get rhodes. take ryan/poyer in 2nd. phillip thomas/dj swearinger in 3rd. add an FA corner..........profit

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 09, 2013, 08:06:56 PM

As of right now, a lot of people are opting for Milliner.

I have my doubts that he'll be there when Tampa picks, or that any of the three top corners will be there. Seeing how there are no deffinate top five talent level QBs, besides maybe Gino or Barkley, corner might be a hot commodity this draft. If Dom doesn't move up three or four spaces, he may not be able to get one of those corners.

Let's look at the teams ahead of the bucs.

#1 KC - They have the 12th best team against the pass, or more directly, they are 12th in the league for passing years given up. There is little to no chance they draft any corner, as they have much greater needs.They will draft Smith or trade down most likely.

#2 Jacksonville - They need DE help and QB help. However, if KC drafts Smith, they may set their eyes on corner as there passing defense is below the league average. Otherwise, they take Jarvis Jones or trade down. Slight worry here, but picking a CB this high would be a reach.

#3 Oakland - They need big time help at DT. Doug martin slaughtered them, just as a reminder. More than likely, they draft Star.

#4 Philly - Man, these guys are having some major trouble at OL. However, they are also losing two starting corners. I say it's a 50/50 for Milliner or Luke Joeckel.

#5 Detroit - If bosh leaves, they will probably draft Moore. Their defense was surprisingly high on pass protection, and Detroit has made no secret about drafting BPA (which won't be a CB). Doubtful they go for a corner.

#6 Cleveland - Smith, Barkley, Te'o or Werner will be the pick. Although, they may trade down to pick up Barkley. Their pass d is slightly below average, but they have other pressing matters to attend to.

#7 Arizona - They will almost have to draft a OT.

#8 Buffalo - They are looking for a QB. Their GM Buddy Nix said they would even move up to get one.CB isn't even on their radar.

#9 Jets - They go QB or DE.Again, another team completely uninterested in Corners.

#10 Tennessee - they need a cornerback badly. Bet your butt that they draft one. Most likely, milliner if his draft stock stays the same.

#11 San Diego - they need a lot of positions, but corner isn't one of them. They do need DE help, so that might be the way they go.

#12 Miami - This team is lower to the bottom of pass yards allowed. They could use a corner, but they also need offensive linemen.

And this is where the bucs might get the sh-t end of the stick. Most of the value in this draft is on the defensive side. Meaning, more defensive players will be taken, studied, etc. If a few offensive players aren't taken, the bucs might have to settle for sloppy seconds. Let's just hope the QB's draft stock keeps rising and maybe a OT or two to give Tampa more of a choice.

Regardless, just about any corner in the top 32 (in this draft) would be better than what is currently on the bucs roster. Now, if Dom brings in Grimes, Jammer, or Cro along with a first round corner, I think we would be more than set. However, to ensure that Tampa grabs one of the top two corners (remember teams can trade past you as well), they're going to have to jump up at least to 9th overall.

Most of us agree corner is the weakest link here, and selling out for a few spots to potentially be playoff bound seems worth it to me.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools