Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#45 : January 10, 2013, 12:54:20 PM

I forget who said it, but I like the idea of trading Freeman straight up for Brandon Flowers. Sounds crazy, but if they would do it I would be all over that. With Brandon Flowers and Xavier Rhodes this defense would immediately be top 10.

I don't know what we would do for a QB, but I really think most  average back up QBs could be just as good as Freeman with the Weapons we have on offense.

Fitzgerald and the Cards say you are wrong. So does Bowe and Jamaal Charles. A good D and a potential HOF WR gets you jack with just backup QB play.

Unless the plan is to "stink for Manziel/Bridgewater" in '14 that plan will turn us into KC or Az

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 10, 2013, 02:07:52 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier Rhodes is worth the 13th pick. In fact, we'll be lucky if he is still on the board.

Xavier Rhodes doesn't have the quickness/agility to make it as a CB in the NFL. He's a safety and a late 1st early 2nd at that.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Tampafan8251

Starter
#47 : January 10, 2013, 02:59:23 PM

lets trade a qb for a corner back than draft a rookie qb? please, people need to realize around here if we go with a rookie qb this team is going to be setback again, Freeman may not be the most consistent qb and who knows if he ever will be, but with a better secondary and all of our guys healthy I feel more comfortable with Freeman out there at qb than any rookie qb this year or that clown Alex noodle arm Smith

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#48 : January 10, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

I have no doubt in my mind that Xavier Rhodes is worth the 13th pick. In fact, we'll be lucky if he is still on the board.

Xavier Rhodes doesn't have the quickness/agility to make it as a CB in the NFL. He's a safety and a late 1st early 2nd at that.
Too early to say. Lets see what those hips look like in the 3 cone drill at the combine.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#49 : January 10, 2013, 10:54:39 PM

Combine? How bout watching him play football? There is a few a years worth of tape.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#50 : January 10, 2013, 11:07:52 PM

Personally I thought Rhodes played pretty well against small quick WR's when they played Clemson.

Law-Buc

Starter
#51 : January 10, 2013, 11:23:09 PM

The NFL is a copy cat league.  The Seahawks have had success with large physical corners.  Sign Sean Smith (6'3 210) and draft Xavier Rhodes (6'2 217).  Draft David Amerson (6'2 193) and convert him to FS.  A starting line-up of Smith, Rhodes, Amerson and Barron (6'2 218) would be physically imposing and by sight similar to the Seahawks secondary.  Leonard Johnson (5'10 198) gained valuable experience and would be able to fill in at nickel. 
: January 10, 2013, 11:27:30 PM ga15275

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#52 : January 11, 2013, 07:36:27 AM

Personally I thought Rhodes played pretty well against small quick WR's when they played Clemson.

He did....I think the guy can play corner . He also has the size to not be bullied by Julio Jones and Marques Colston.

I'm starting to think he should be our pick.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : January 11, 2013, 07:46:19 AM

He should. But I'm not so sure he'll be there at 13. We'll see.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#54 : January 11, 2013, 07:50:00 AM

Me either , especially considering there will probably be teams out there wanting to copy Seattle's model.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#55 : January 11, 2013, 03:36:31 PM

Me either , especially considering there will probably be teams out there wanting to copy Seattle's model.

Banks or Milliner are probably better at all-around coverage. It's been a long time since Tampa had one of those great cover-corners. Of course, there are knocks on each of these guys.

I don't like banks because he might be injury prone, but the guy can straight out ball when healthy.

I don't like Milliner because his stats suggest he might not be all that he's cracked up to be. Although, he did play some tough opponents.

And Rhodes, while I do think he's talented, he also has a huge NFL curve. We're getting burned by YAC and long passes, so idk how much Rhodes would impact the bucs on that level.

If we're picking a CB in the top 20, they had better be able to cover very well, and right now, I feel banks and milliner do a better job of that. Dom and Schiano had better be sure which one they want, because I have a hunch that two of the top three corners are going to be there when we pick. There is just too many question marks in the draft right now, and not too many clear cut teams saying directly what they want. There will be trade-ups, and a surprise pick or two. That's nearly a certainty.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#56 : January 11, 2013, 07:06:10 PM

Milliner looks like he can't jump to me   , .10 , .50 , and 2:25 of this video are a good examples. I want to see what his vertical is at the combine. If he can't get up he isn't going to be able to cover guys like Julio Jones.

: January 11, 2013, 07:22:23 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#57 : January 11, 2013, 07:14:22 PM

Milliner or Rhodes.....either way we are a better football team.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#58 : January 11, 2013, 07:26:47 PM

Milliner or Rhodes.....either way we are a better football team.

I'm sure you've already said as much, but what is your problem with Banks? The injury factor? Seems more than servicable to me.

I guess it depends on what you want. As a poster said the other day, there are a lot of good options at corner. And each one brings a different game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

spurzo

Second String

#59 : January 11, 2013, 08:05:09 PM

Simply stating that it's a copycat league doesn't mean it's smart to go drafting tall corners who can't cover.  The piece that brings the Seattle secondary together is Earl Thomas without him teams would throw all over Seattle.  Thomas is the rare safety that can sit in the deep middle and still get to both sidelines.  Put Brandon Browner on most teams and he's probably awful, that's why the Broncos cut him.  He and Sherman work because they have a good pass rush and they reroute receivers initially throwing off the timing.  Qb's never have enough time to throw the ball and if they go over the top then Thomas is their.  And if anybody tries shorties over the middle Boom Kam Chancellor to say hello.  It's an impressive defence and each part is integral.  No clemons will hurt them this weekend. 

Back to the initial point though, neither Barron or Ronde have the range of Earl Thomas so it makes those big corners more of a risk   
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Options for corner. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools