Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Laundry list of issues with Coach Schiano... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #15 : January 10, 2013, 09:01:29 AM »

Franchi5e, no adjustments??  Really??  We have had few coaches that do so well adjusting at halftime.  Look at all the games where one side of the ball didn't show up in the first half, only to look great in the second half.  Does he do well during the game while the clock is running?  That's up for debate.  But I was very surprised when the team adjusted properly most times at the half.

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

GameTime

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 10, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »

This couldn't have gone in your other "fire Schiano" thread?

did he just copy and paste the exact same ignorant statements?  except i thought in the original thread he said he was going to post less?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 10, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »

Bucs coaching needs to work on giving away the plays beforehand (tells).

That is clearly hampering them, and might explain some of the slide at the end of the season (regarding the offense).

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 10, 2013, 10:55:23 AM »

Oh lord that was a good read, thanks grimm, I needed to feel better about myself.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 10, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »

How are you treating your players like kids, just tell 'em to do their jobs, unable to make adjustments when you allow McCoy to speak up and let him get away from all those stun assigments.
How is it a scheme issue if you can not stop the pass in obvious passing situations, at the end of games when you do nothing but play the pass?

Why cry about the fact we 'stopped' Ryan in week17, instead of being happy about us finally having found a defense. But i'm telling you this prolly has more to do with the fact the Falcons did not have much to play for anymore.

The kneel down rush is WITHIN the rules, the NFL did not just forget about to adress it, they cleary stated to be OK with. I might not like it, considering it unnecessary, but definitly not unethical. But faking injuries to buy a cheap TO is. Funny how the one coach complaing about Schiano is best known for winning at all cost.
« : January 10, 2013, 11:34:00 AM QaZ »

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 10, 2013, 11:49:48 AM »

Funny how the one coach complaing about Schiano is best known for winning at all cost.

This how human beings work. The traits we hate the most in other people are often ones we have ourselves.

Schiano did great. He made a weak, beaten down team pick themselves up and play with pride.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #21 : January 10, 2013, 11:55:08 AM »

wheres the disgrutled fan link?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 10, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »

Schiano inherited a team infested with quitters. He fixed that issue real quick, and THAT was the most important issue going. He culled out the bad fits with an eye on the future, and it very likely cost the Bucs a WC slot. Talib and K2 might have made the difference between 7 wins and 10. I believe he did the right thing. The last word I remember from Ronde Barber about Schiano was all positive. I'll go with that. The only negatives I know about came from K2 and some "anonymous" player with shrunken testicles. I'm not impressed with either of them. I believe our players take pride in being "Buccaneer Men". It means they are tough, intelligent, and self-disciplined. They won't all survive the offseason. Some will be replaced in free agency and others in the draft. Most will be back and know what to expect. They will be much better in their second year. The newbies will learn from them and get with the program. The Bucs have an advantage in the draft in that they pick ahead of the others in our division. They also have an advantage in cap space for free agency. I like our chances to win the division in 2013. I'm confident Freeman will improve on his record setting numbers, and Schiano will fix the pass defense. The Bucs will go deep in the playoffs next season.

This team has fewer issues than it did a year ago. I call that progress.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 10, 2013, 01:23:50 PM »

Grimm will never change his mind on Schiano. Even if he gets this team to the playoffs next year. Dude is egotistical and stubborn about it like Java is about Gruden. Just cant let it go. Even if the team made the playoffs next year and lost he would say it was because he was from Rutgers they lost the game. Hes shown me nothing that indicates he will give Schiano a decent chance to be a good coach here.

big_JLB

Starter

« #24 : January 10, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

i just HATE schiano SO MUCH! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM! I HATE HIM!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 10, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »

lol ^

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 10, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »

I really like Schiano but I will say that what I heard about his failures to adjust during games at Rutgers looked like he was doing the same as coach of the Bucs. But he did have the worst group of cornerbacks I've ever seen in my life in the NFL so I'd have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt as far as that's concered. After we upgrade at the position significantly this offseason we'll see what the real problem was.

How do you know the corners were bad? They sure looked good vs. ATL. when we were in a mostly zone cover two scheme. Aren't coaches supposed to get the most out of their players? Shouldn't the scheme fit the personnel? And what about the fact that Talib and Wright were the corners vs. the GMen? Are Talib and Wright garbage? If you put Revis and Asamoah in this defense it would still suck. Upgrading the position will only solidify the fact that the scheme is trash.

Stop making excuses. Schiano has gotten nothing but excuses from you fans this year. Excuses about why he didn't win in college. Using the Cb's as excuses for the sorry pass defense. Just stop. Schiano is a grown ass man and he needs to own this crap defense. Our pass rush was one of the best at putting pressure on QB's this year....yet I hear this excuse that we have no pass rush and that's why we suck at pass defense. Get a clue, people. Get a freaking clue.

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. Why is everyone so blind to the fact that we have a problem? What would it take to open your eyes? Another 150 yards given up vs. the pass? To be the worst NFL pass defense of all-time? When do you realize the locker room is split between players and coaches? After a full out brawl between the two? When do you realize the coach is stubborn? After going all season without adjusting the terrible pass defense? I guess not.

I love the team and want them to succeed, but love isn't blind in this case.

Note- the way message boards work is people write down their opinions. That's what I have done here. There is no other motive. There is no hate,  just genuine opinions. I find it quite hilarious that posters like BucBaller call me a hater as they spew hateful speech at me and call me names. That's okay with me, if that is your opinion and you have no self control or decency, fire away. Your ignorance and hypocracy is on display for all to see.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 10, 2013, 09:25:20 PM »

fool

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 10, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »

" Shouldn't the scheme fit the personnel? "

Ten game losing streak. Scheme that, whiny boy.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #29 : January 10, 2013, 11:31:38 PM »

I don't recall any "all out brawl" between players and coaches.  A shoving match in an emotion charged game was just that.  Don't read too much into everything.

And yes, the locker room should be a bit divided between players and coaches.  Players don't coach, and coaches don't play.  Look how well it worked when Rah and his boys were so united that they partied together outside of One Buc.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Laundry list of issues with Coach Schiano... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools