Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to let go of DB coach Ron Cooper « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #15 : January 10, 2013, 12:51:41 AM »

I have no idea whether or not Cooper is a good coach or not, but I don't think it would be too hard to coach a group of five star All-Americans each year like he was doing at LSU.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 10, 2013, 12:54:14 AM »

Maybe we will hire Raheem....

Db love!!

gone

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 10, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »

Scapegoat, gave them man trash to work with, what did they think was going to happen.

So Talib, Wright, and a top ten pick are "trash"?

Even the UDFA's were performing blow expectation.  I've beating this particular drum for a while now.  Hopefully this rumor is accurate.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 10, 2013, 01:09:15 AM »

Scapegoat, gave them man trash to work with, what did they think was going to happen.

So Talib, Wright, and a top ten pick are "trash"?

Even the UDFA's were performing blow expectation.  I've beating this particular drum for a while now.  Hopefully this rumor is accurate.
He only had Talib a few games. Wright is awful, always has been. Barron didn't play well at all. I more so talking about the Corners, your safeties can't do anything when your DBs are that bad,

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 10, 2013, 01:43:01 AM »

Some guys are just more suited to the college game.   [Saban]

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 10, 2013, 08:07:00 AM »

Good talent can cover up bad coaching (crybaby giants coach). Good coaching can cover up bad players (Urban Myer).

Seems to me, right after they fire coop, they should fire the entire DB core (sides barber). There is no talent, and the coaching wasn't good either. It's only fair they all get the boot, especially if BS gets to stay. Something major has to change.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #21 : January 10, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD
Much speculation today that Cooper may pursue an opportunity on the University of South Florida coaching staff, but nothing confirmed.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 10, 2013, 11:44:33 AM »

I think people need to breathe for a second. It's not always a case of blame/scapegoating, or whether the guy is a good coach or not.

A lot of time it's about chemistry - with staff and players - and fit.  It's no secret that Schiano didn't always get his first picks, and maybe it's a simple as that. Gruden was stuck in a similar spot his first year and fired a couple guys. (Tony Nathan and Stan Parrish if I recall). And that is after winning a SB.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 10, 2013, 12:24:49 PM »

Easier to replace a group's leader than the whole group under the leader... ;)

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 10, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »

Sheridan stays?

I'd guess that they'd fire D coordinator first if they were going to.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 10, 2013, 06:11:34 PM »

Sheridan stays?

Either they are being questioned from the bottom up, for you're right.

I think BS stays. I just hope they give him corners this time around.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 10, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »

Sheridan stays?

Either they are being questioned from the bottom up, for you're right.

I think BS stays. I just hope they give him corners this time around.

I think its a pretty safe bet the team has at least 2 new CB's next season.  Could be draft picks or free agent pickups, or a combo of the two.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 11, 2013, 02:25:35 AM »

I have no idea whether or not Cooper is a good coach or not, but I don't think it would be too hard to coach a group of five star All-Americans each year like he was doing at LSU.

He could very well be a good/great coach.  But if he didn't fit in here, he has to go.  He may not have fit Schiano's or Sheridan's system.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

nitey

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 11, 2013, 07:13:11 AM »

Quite honestly, Coopers defensive backfield was a mess all year except for the final 2 games where, according to Scott here, the defense played more of a cover 2 scheme. That poses the question was it the talent, the coaching or the scheme or did one force the others(i.e. did a lack of coaching force the scheme or did the lack of talent force the scheme or was it both, lack of talent and effective coaching that forced the scheme). That also begs the question why it took so long to make the scheme change. Was it stubbornness on the part of Sheridan or Schiano or mis-information from the coach that let the others think that the talent was up to the scheme? Another possibility, was Cooper too honest about the talent and his inability to coach them into the scheme that Sheridan and Schiano wanted?

This is probably a much deeper story than a coach not being able to coach.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #29 : January 11, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

Done deal.  @RCummingsTBO the Bucs are officially in the market for a new DB coach.  Ron Cooper has left the team to join the USF staff.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs to let go of DB coach Ron Cooper « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools