Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade for Romo ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : January 10, 2013, 09:00:04 AM

Romo Freeman = worst nightmare!

true, so true...

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#16 : January 10, 2013, 09:04:26 AM

The only difference JR is the age thing, at least #5 has the ( I hate to use the word ) potential to get better.  Romo will be watching from the couch like the rest of us soon. 

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 10, 2013, 11:01:22 AM

If the bucs could somehow obtain Romo, that would be so awesome!!!!    For sure the Bucs would make the playoffs in 2013 with Romo at QB.    Trade Freeman for a 5th round pick.

No wonder how you love Gruden so much, this is typical Gruden move, bring in washed up veterans for short time 'success'(not that Romo would win a SB here anyway, nor play for long) and waste draft picks because you have no clue about the value of QBs.(trade for a retired J Plummer and giving away Freeman for just a 5th rounder, when he obviously worths more).
Grudens ability to get out the most out of a team, doesn't mean much if he is the reason the team has not much talent. Moves like that just make us worse, sneaking into the POs with 9-7 with Gruden as our HC and lose on WC weekend do not outvalue him making this team regress talent wise.
He is great on sundays, everywhere else he sucks. I would not have an issue if we would have someone that fills up for his weaknesses, but i doubt his ego allows us for anyway.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2013, 11:12:05 AM

When Freeman was drafted, my brother said to me "that just set the Bucs back 7 years".    I guess Freeman gets one more season of sucking then it takes 2 years after that to develop another QB.   So maybe my brother was right.

Keeping Freeman is not the answer.   Bringing in Romo at least gets the Bucs to the playoffs again.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 10, 2013, 11:50:45 AM

When Freeman was drafted, my brother said to me "that just set the Bucs back 7 years".    I guess Freeman gets one more season of sucking then it takes 2 years after that to develop another QB.   So maybe my brother was right.

Keeping Freeman is not the answer.   Bringing in Romo at least gets the Bucs to the playoffs again.

No problem with trading Freeman, since the bucs do not want to extend this offseason i hope they would trade him. But trade him for close to what he is worth.
Not much of a problem to bridge the the time with Romo until we finally get an elite QB, getting to a few POs while is a nice bonus, something Freeman might not be able pull off. But either way we need a plan how to get this elite QB, else we just tread water. Romo and trading Freeman for a 5th rounder definitly is not the answer.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 10, 2013, 11:53:49 AM

Great idea! Lets trade away our young inconsistant and enigmatic QB who has loads of potential for an old inconsistant and enigmatic QB who has absolutley no more potential and no room to grow. Ink it!

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 10, 2013, 12:12:55 PM

At least when Romo throws the ball (from what I have seen) you know it will at least get near the intended receiver, even if it is intercepted. When Freeman pulls his arm back you never know if it is going to the receiver, the defender or the bleachers.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 10, 2013, 12:21:43 PM

I could live with getting Romo and Demarcus Ware for Freeman... ;D

Sello

Second String

#23 : January 10, 2013, 12:34:19 PM

where is all this potential? U guys speak of Freeman....when are you freeman lovers gonna realize arm strength doesnt equal potential...FREMAN IS A JUMPBALL THROWING QB thats it, oh wait with a strong arm..nothing more... ROMO would make this team playoff bound immediatley..Name won qb who won anything of note that strictly got lucky with jump freaking balls.. Freeman is average at best and will never win anything...get used to it, if we dont get rid of this zero and bring in a REAL QB ala TONY ROMO...Id even rather have Geno smith than jumpball freeman

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 10, 2013, 12:36:51 PM

I would take him on for free. Like if he got released.  I wouldn't give anything away for him.  Jerry would probably want Freeman in return.

If they wanted to trade him, they should of a few years ago. Dude is 33 IIRC.

Yea, he will be 33 by the time the season starts. Not a lot of tread left on those tires. I do think that in the short term, Romo would give this team a better chance of making it to the postseason, but neither QB is probably a long term solution. I would do the trade if we could send them Freeman and get back Romo and a few high picks, such as a 2nd and a 3rd. Those could be used to load up for the '14 draft and get the QB for the future, or be used in this draft and take a chance on one of the 2nd/3rd round QBs in '13.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 10, 2013, 12:59:02 PM

If Dallas gives us a 2nd round pick to take Romo, I'd do it to bring in some solid competition for Freeman.  Though, it would only be a stop-gap as I don't think either are legitimate long term solutions.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 10, 2013, 07:51:43 PM

Freeman would have to go , you couldn't keep them both. Freeman would become disgruntled, and you'd have distractions and a media circus on your hands.

Although it probably makes us slightly better in the short term , it would take huge cojones to make that move , considering Freeman has the ability to make you look really stupid down the road.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

bucboi813

Starter

#27 : January 10, 2013, 08:30:44 PM

Romo sucks keep josh if you're going that route

Live free or die trying

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 10, 2013, 08:51:30 PM

Romo and Demarcus Ware for Freeman, Clayborn and McCoy

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 10, 2013, 09:48:29 PM

Romo and Demarcus Ware for Freeman, Clayborn and McCoy
Please go fly off a bridge.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trade for Romo ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools