Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Options at Slot Wide Receiver for the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#45 : January 10, 2013, 11:24:40 AM

He knows he is going to throw to the slot guy beforehand.  I would like to think Free can actually make use of the talents around him, but I think he can hamper it just as much as help it.

Until he learns to get three deep in his progressions, which clearly he doesn't know how to do (unless it is during film study), it is sort of moot.

I agree with you, but I'm thinking of the future as well.  I believe that in 2014 we will have a new QB.  Giving said new QB a lot of versitile weapons is not a bad thing.  Bailey, I believe, will be really good.  Given that he can be here for at least 4 seasons at a fairly cheap price is worth taking him now instead of waiting for "the next guy".

Sim

Starter

#46 : January 10, 2013, 11:27:21 AM

I think the organization still has hopes that Sammie Stroughter will fill that role. They had every chance to cut the guy last year but didn't.

He's got good hands and seems to fit the mold of a slot receiver. If only he could stay healthy...

Either way, I think we look for the solution in-house or the draft. I can't see us throwing more money at a FA receiver.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 10, 2013, 08:29:34 PM

Should of just kept Preston.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Free Agent Options at Slot Wide Receiver for the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools